NEurope
CoolFunkMan

So, what did you get for Christmas?

I know it's early, but some peeps might have already had thier gifts for Chrimbo this year. I haven't had all of mine yet, but I've opened presents I've got from my mates to tide me over. So far I've got...

- a Webcam

- £10 GAME card

- a bottle of coke

I'll add more tomorrow, when I open my other presents! ^^

I got The Joy Luck Club and The Virgin Suicides on DVD from 2 friends.

The only present i've had so far (which i know what it is) is Bioshock from my mate which is sitting wrapped under the tree. I bought him the 'Bottom' boxset and he got me that :) Also £10 from my auntie, which i was quite surprised about, seeing as i hardly ever see her.

Bottle of wine and a lovely homecooked meal from my married friends and their children (granted, a four and 1 year old probably didn't do much but...)

A Yo! Sushi cookbook, chopsticks, sauces and rice from my friend.

This shirt (sans 'ZOOM!' obviously) and this book (which has awesome pictures such as this in) from my housemate.

A Wall-E figurine from her boyfriend (the 'define dancing' one because, as he stated, "It has a fire extinguisher with it and you can kill people with a fire extinguisher" which I believe is the best justification for a present ever.

And I believe that is it thus far.

its not christmas day people (well not in the uk!) that ruins the surprise :(

I bought myself a dvd player and some Yankee candles for Christmas (self buying ftw)

So far I've gotten:

- A viking necklace.

- Two CDs, both by Danish artists. Perhaps some might know one of them, Safri Duo.

- A book with funny words. Unfortunately I already had this one, but I can trade it in.

- A DVD with a Danish stand-up comedian.

I've only opened one I got from a friend and all the rest will be opened tomorrow. So far:

Maltesers

Incredible Hulk Socks

its not christmas day people (well not in the uk!) that ruins the surprise :(

I bought myself a dvd player and some Yankee candles for Christmas (self buying ftw)

I enjoy opening up presents from people before xmas if I can't see them on the day (because they go back home or whatever) when we exchange them. I leave it as late as possible but I think its much nicer seeing each other opening presents.

I enjoy opening up presents from people before xmas if I can't see them on the day (because they go back home or whatever) when we exchange them. I leave it as late as possible but I think its much nicer seeing each other opening presents.

Yeah that's totally fair enough, but family stuff should be at least kept to the day.

I really hate the culture over here, a LOT of kids get their christmas presents long before the day. Feels like it almost devalues the day somewhat for me.

My family has a tradition of opening them on christmas eve. So it will be tonight for me. I think the tradition is of german origin, I'm not 100% sure on that though.

So far I've had

- a plug mug (basically a plug in a mug..funny eh?)

- a paint yourself mug

- a glowing plastic egg (<3)

- a shot glass

- an xbox 360

Technically I was never meant to get the xbox, but never mind..who's going to complain really?

ZOMG!

My my mum just revealed that she got my sister and I a Wii, AND 2 steering wheels (an extra remote and nunchuk too), Mario Kary, WiiMusic and another extra mini-games thing!

Literally unexpected and lovely. She said it was that she never felt that we were "normal", they way other people casually say they got thier children games consoles.

I did tell her that this wasn't necessary, but she said she knew, but thought that there was no point in earning money (on her own) if she didn't spend it.

LOVELY.

So far I've had

- a plug mug (basically a plug in a mug..funny eh?)

- a paint yourself mug

- a glowing plastic egg (<3)

- a shot glass

- an xbox 360

Technically I was never meant to get the xbox, but never mind..who's going to complain really?

You sound so unhappy about the Xbox. I'd be thrilled!

ZOMG!

My my mum just revealed that she got my sister and I a Wii, AND 2 steering wheels (an extra remote and nunchuk too), Mario Kary, WiiMusic and another extra mini-games thing!

Literally unexpected and lovely. She said it was that she never felt that we were "normal", they way other people casually say they got thier children games consoles.

I did tell her that this wasn't necessary, but she said she knew, but thought that there was no point in earning money (on her own) if she didn't spend it.

LOVELY.

That is one lovely and caring mum you've got. :)

You sound so unhappy about the Xbox. I'd be thrilled!

Oh no! Trust me when I got it I was squealing and running around like I was 5 again, it was more a passing comment, I was meant to buy it myself, didn't want to let my parents buy anything expensive this year! :shakehead

From my secret santa, which we organised in our house, I've received a finger-drum set.

Like this: finger-drums-electric-drums-on-rockstar-set.jpg

I'm a drummer, and I mentioned to him that I miss my kit (being here and my kit being in Newport), so he picked up on that and bought me this.

I've also received two boxes of chocolate from two girls in my form (from school placement), but I'm saving those for when Ine gets here.

- Lots of candy

- 35£ gift card for Game

- Ten pairs of socks

- Hair gel x2

- Suitcase for my laptop

- Some weird round bluetooth speaker for me non-bluetooth cell phone.

- Some weird round bluetooth speaker for me non-bluetooth cell phone.

Haha, that reminds me of the time when my brother bought a Sega Saturn game for 99p from Gamestation.

He pretty proud of his purchase, until I informed him that we didn't own a Sega Saturn.

That's awesome! :D

Yeah, it's sweet as! :D

The snare drum doesn't seem to sound all that amazing, but it's a top gift. I can see it annoying people, haha.

Last year, I received a fish-shaped xylophone for my birthday. So, I'm seeing a running theme here, haha.

From some mates at college I got:

Bunch of random HSM3 stuff, to the amusement of another addict (There's this mini lava lamp shaped glitter thing that lights up and flashes. It's jizz worthy)

A blue/green lava lamp thingy

Animal Crossing Wild World

Itunes Gift Card

:D

Got all my presents tonight.

- some small lights on batteries to use on my bicycle, since I lost my previous one. Actually got this from two people so gave one to my sister.

- CD Portishead - Portishead

- CD Stereophonics - Best of (didn't ask for this particular one but they couldn't find any of the others apparently, heh)

- two film tickets

- €20 coupon for perfume (actually €30, since mom had one left but couldn't split it equally between me and my sister, so she secretly gave it to me afterwards, heh)

- some earrings which are not exactly my taste but I'll wear 'em

- Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (weirdddd gift from my sister; she bought it because she wanted to see it herself, though she actually thought this was the first film X3 )

- a bag that I'll give to my sisters as I can't really use it (plus totally not my style, more theirs) Sister asked if she could have it.

Oh, and also a new battery for my laptop, but that didn't arrive yet sadly. Probably the best gift out of the bunch (though I'm quite happy with most of what I got). =)

Eenuh

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (weirdddd gift from my sister; she bought it because she wanted to see it herself, though she actually thought this was the first film X3 )

Totally off-topic, but Temple of Doom is a prequel to Raiders of the Lost Ark so......:heh:

Anywhoo, I'll post my list or pics soon.

Merry Christmas all!