N-Europe

2008 was the year of rocky relationships, no?

Falcon_BlizZACK

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to ask you guys and gals something. When a loving relationship ends, would you say your heart gets just a little bit colder? And you grow a bit desensitized to 'love'?

Of course, I wholeheartedly believe it does. Though whether or not it's forever, I don't know. I think love is overhyped beyond what it essentially is, and far too sentimentalised, but I don't know if that means I'm coldhearted, just kind of...realist?

Of course, I wholeheartedly believe it does. Though whether or not it's forever, I don't know. I think love is overhyped beyond what it essentially is, and far too sentimentalised, but I don't know if that means I'm coldhearted, just kind of...realist?

You're frozen when you're heart's not open.

You're frozen when you're heart's not open.

OoooooooooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooo

Or is it more like a hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

As for the idea of feeling colder: I'd say yeah. More so because you're hurt. You put the trust into someone, and when it ends, you feel like you've been betrayed, I guess, because you've given someone your love.

Although, it is possible to love and love again. I guess maybe you appreciate it more the second time around, who knows. I'm watching Face/Off, I don't know what the shit I'm typing.

I want to ask you guys and gals something. When a loving relationship ends, would you say your heart gets just a little bit colder? And you grow a bit desensitized to 'love'?

Obviously there's no right answer to that question, but I would say that rather than becoming desensitised to love you instead start to understand it more. Some small part of the mystery — or the romanticism, even — is rubbed away.

Is that a bad thing? Again, debatable. I would say it's akin to understanding a hurricane: you have no more control over when it appears, but you can be prepared for its arrival so you won't be swept off your feet; you're still able to appreciate its power and beauty without being consumed by it. And when you've seen a real storm, maybe that which you experienced seems a mere breeze in comparison.

Obviously there's no right answer to that question, but I would say that rather than becoming desensitised to love you instead start to understand it more. Some small part of the mystery — or the romanticism, even — is rubbed away.

Is that a bad thing? Again, debatable. I would say it's akin to understanding a hurricane: you have no more control over when it appears, but you can be prepared for its arrival so you won't be swept off your feet; you're still able to appreciate its power and beauty without being consumed by it. And when you've seen a real storm, maybe that which you experienced seems a mere breeze in comparison.

Nice metaphor. :)

Sky fits heaven, so fly it. That's what the prophet said to me.

Never understood that song. I think I probably still have a soft spot for her. Even though it was her fault we split up in the first place. But sent a text to my backup to get the shotgun ready just incase. The idea is that he'll slap some sense into me every time I get one of those sloppy maybe we should get back together ideas...... besides I should be happy more than anything else.

Never understood that song. I think I probably still have a soft spot for her. Even though it was her fault we split up in the first place. But sent a text to my backup to get the shotgun ready just incase. The idea is that he'll slap some sense into me every time I get one of those sloppy maybe we should get back together ideas...... besides I should be happy more than anything else.

It can be hard to get completely over someone if you really had feelings for that person. But even though you may never completely get over her, you'll eventually be able to move on.

Tbh, if she hurt you that badly, then it's a bad idea to get back with her. I hate to sound shallow-minded here, but in my experience, making up and getting back together again doesn't work. I don't mean to sound harsh, it's just that I've had it happen to myself and I've seen some of my friends go through the same in the past.

However, could you possibly consider friendship with her? The past is bad, but if you still care, then it might work out that way. It happened with me and my ex and we're really close friends now. We both agree we're better off this way. Okay, so our situation was different to yours, but it could still work out for you.

Long ago I made the decision to walk away from it all. I consider the person that felt anyway about her was dead, and she was the one who killed him. But sometimes I guess I can feel that person resurrecting, and sometimes no amount of swords, knives, guns etc seem to be enough to finish him off once and for all.

I guess sometimes I just need to convince myself that I'm going the right way about things. I guess it because I'm the nice guy. But if I hadn't been the nice guy maybe I wouldn't be in this situation. But lady luck is on my side again and things just keep getting better and better for me, so I can't let her steal any of my thunder, she doesn't deserve it.