NEurope
ReZourceman

N-Europe Mini Me(et) Winter, St. Albans, 22nd December

We should go for somewhere totally awkward like Belfast ;)

Its all really the same difference for me, plane trip is a given with my location.

because us northern Irelanders are awesome like that.

If we were to make a mainland trip, then I'd say Paris or Brussels. That way it's a simple Eurostar trip there and back for UK folk! Plus, Paris (having already lived there), is awesome for pretty much everything, unlike here in the UK where drinking (as fun as it is) seems to be the only fun thing to do in most places.

Now that would be cool. I'd even have somewhere to stay!

Hmm? If you meant stay with me, then I have to disappoint you, as I'll be going there with school (not even three full days). Everything has to be booked ages in advance (it should already be booked now), as lots of people go there and hotels are super expensive when the bookfair is going on. Not even sure we'll get to see anything of the city, heh.

If we were to make a mainland trip, then I'd say Paris or Brussels. That way it's a simple Eurostar trip there and back for UK folk! Plus, Paris (having already lived there), is awesome for pretty much everything, unlike here in the UK where drinking (as fun as it is) seems to be the only fun thing to do in most places.

I'd be up for Paris! Brussels would be really easy for me, but to be honest I don't really think there's too much you can do there. So yeah, Paris would be cool.

By the way as for when, I think I can only manage a trip during the summer (July), sadly.

Jay, Grunch, ReZ, even the briefly present Fish(though that was of course more due to my own faults) thoroughly awesome meetup! Shame I missed Dom AGAIN, one day I shall meet you dammit! Shame on the rest of you for missing it and dropping out last minute, I lost my wallet(now located and obtained) and still went! Bloody glad I did too :D

Seriously, I can't express how much more awesome the already awesome forumites are in person, just wish I could have been more on time, and it'd gone on a bit later, but mucho funs and laughs, especially the srs business on the train home jay, lol.

Erm, Xmas has been busytings, but I shall shortly get up photos and things, I hope, I'm backlogged uploading about 3-4 past events of photos atm!

Me ReZ and Jay were talking too, we're deffo gonna have summer meetup(around 10-12th july weekend, maybe?) in Londinium again, probs an epic weekend thing again! Of course, any of you are free to join us :heh:!

I'll try and look into accomodation and things for you guys, though I feel a bit silly doing it as I won't be booking/staying in it(got a few places I can crash at around londinium, or home at worst), but if someone who would be can make the commitment and attend, it'd be helpful to the arrangements.

Also, maybe another day/mini-meetup in South East london area over Easter, thinking kind of Greenwich area. It's got a really nice park, plus Greenwich town is nice and has drinking establishments. It's easy to get to from SE Central, bouts 20-25 minutes on a train from Charing X/Waterloo East/London Bridge?

Yeah, since I doubt anyone would want to come to the mainland, I guess maybe I should try and get to that London one in July. I want to, but to be honest I don't know if I'll really have the money by then (I keep forgetting I don't really have a job any more, heh).

Still, I want to try and go, yes. At least if it's a bit more than just sitting in a pub all day, as I'm not huge on drinking. =P

Well, oft pubs are just handy venues! But ideally if the weather is good and stuff then we'll go sit in parks or something up central, like this year's one. It's likely people will still drink, but you will of course feel less obliged to(in fact, no one should even feel obliged to!).

Anyone who wants to do anything, post suggestions! We'll hand tailor this to be epic for everyonez!

Well, oft pubs are just handy venues! But ideally if the weather is good and stuff then we'll go sit in parks or something up central, like this year's one. It's likely people will still drink, but you will of course feel less obliged to(in fact, no one should even feel obliged to!).

Anyone who wants to do anything, post suggestions! We'll hand tailor this to be epic for everyonez!

I'm not entirely against drinking (I enjoy to drink white wine myself, and sometimes stuff that isn't beer =P ), but sitting in a pub is probably one of my least favourite activities. A park seems a lot nicer, as you can actually do stuff there (if the weather permits).

But yeah, if I were to go all the way to London, I'd at least want to see some of the city (though that doesn't have to happen during the actual meet-up of course). =)

I'm not entirely against drinking (I enjoy to drink white wine myself, and sometimes stuff that isn't beer =P ), but sitting in a pub is probably one of my least favourite activities. A park seems a lot nicer, as you can actually do stuff there (if the weather permits).

But yeah, if I were to go all the way to London, I'd at least want to see some of the city (though that doesn't have to happen during the actual meet-up of course). =)

kyoo eff teeeee!

oh, and...

eenuh! i'm up for that!! i dont live in london either so lets go exploring :smile:

Well last year we pissed about in a park for several hours... playing board games, cards, climbing trees, throwing balls, tlaking, blah blah. Pubs won't fit us all anyway :P

Pubs are usually the gathering place of choice because they're indoors and warm. Someone's living room would probably be just as good, hehe. Plus, having some music on in the background can be quite nice. (although not too loud, just at the right level where it's there to add a buzz, but not to prevent you from hearing what people are saying)

Parks are awesome for so many things, especially when the weather is nice. We could get a little N-E 5 a side footie going on, haha, that'd be hilarious. Or, tossing frisbees, or just sitting down have a chat. Maybe get Odders to bring his geeta and sing a little choonisia.

If you coax Daft into coming he has that weird portable soundsystem thing (or whatever) now so he can get a little rave going.

Well last year we pissed about in a park for several hours... playing board games, cards, climbing trees, throwing balls, tlaking, blah blah. Pubs won't fit us all anyway :P

I like how you called it last year, I nearly did the same in my post but then thought I'd be heiously mocked.

Imagine me Jay, right now, mocking you. Heinously.

I'm thinking if there's a weekend thing and lots of people want to go out round london town and see the sights, well...there's no reason you cannot arrange to do so amongst yourselves a day before or after the meet, even if it's a few days of meetup. The way to make these meetups work to their best if is everyone gets involved with helping sort it out, suggest ideas/things you want to do, see who else wants to/find who else wants to. It's only a tiny bit of effort, just a few words to type up upon a screen!

Wow nice one for filming there should be a NE archive for that lol.

Wierd to hear J7 speak after talking to him on msn for like 4 years haha seems you guys had a great time I will try and make the next one if you are in London again.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH IT BURNS! Too much geekiness at once. We should start some sort of club of superheroes who go around and make superjocks melt with our jocular nerd faces. And maybe punch them. Or each other! No, probably just them.

I got rather drunk during/after that game of chess. There was nudity involved, but mostly it was ReZ and Rummy making out. I found that pretty hot though. Got some pix, fyi.

I'd be quite interested to see those pics actually. I thought we did pretty well to conceal ourselWHAT?

I'd be quite interested to see those pics actually. I thought we did pretty well to conceal ourselWHAT?

Me too, but imagine my surprise when I realised Jay and Grunch were in the toilets with us as well! It was hot though. Megahot.

Ah, you can't fool Rummy with the ol' gimp mask, I been round that shit far too long!

On the more serious(lol) note of this actual thread, there's photos, and they're up, but on a photobucket album atm. Facebook's the biggest gay ever, so all my photos are here;

http://s126.photobucket.com/albums/p102/Threereef/N-E/

Some are blurry cos I was apparently too drunk/excited to be patient with my camera, I don't normally do that! The thing is usually magical enough to counter my spazzness!

IMG_0148.jpg

You remind me of a strongbow ad or something. In fact, weren't you drinking strongbow??

IMG_0148.jpg

You remind me of a strongbow ad or something. In fact, weren't you drinking strongbow??

Hahahah! I was!

ReZ, next time you decide to dance in a video can we get some textual warning. I need to be prepared for a display of such awesomeness.