NEurope
Jimbob

Top Gear New Series

Vietnam is all wrapped up with a ribbon round it and is now sitting under the huge Christmas telly tree, waiting to be unwrapped on Sunday 28th, at 8pm. I hope everyone’s too pissed or fat to move off the sofa, because, and I know I say this every time, it’s quite a good one.

The Vietnam special is also our first foray outside the hour. The final running time ended up at 75 minutes, which was a big worry initially, because one of the most sound and wise sayings in television is “There’s nothing that can’t be improved by making it shorter”, or something like that.

It’s a maxim we stick to religiously - lots and lots of useable stuff ends up on the floor - but in the case of Vietnam, we simply couldn’t fit the actual basics of the journey into 60 minutes; we’d have had to lose whole days completely, so 75 it is, and believe me it rattles along at that. So, Christmas tip for anyone downloading illegally: get plenty of bits and torrents in or whatever it is you do.

Transmission.blogs

I liked how they each bought a present for each other as mates should do really. And that lovely "American" style bike complete with music.

Imo, thats the best Top Gear ever. Tops the America episode, the North Pole episode, all of them. I was just laughing constantly for the whole thing. James' face when Clarkson broke his statue the second time was amazing. The woman painting the randomers bike was amazing. Jeremy's face in the rain was amazing.

I loved it so much I'm gonna watch it again tomorrow.

I loved Clarkson and how much he hated his bike, it was so funny to watch.

Also i like the way May and Clarkson always ruin Hammonds stuff when theyre drunk, its proper funny xD

I loved Clarkson and how much he hated his bike, it was so funny to watch.

Also i like the way May and Clarkson always ruin Hammonds stuff when theyre drunk, its proper funny xD

Great part that was. Clarkson and all his mirrors, idiot.

"Well, we tested it fully for you. We placed it in the road and a lorry ran over it".

Good episode. Very funny. :laughing:

Vietnam looks like such a beautiful country. Wouldn't mind going there if I ever get the chance.

Top Gear executive producer Andy Wilman has admitted that the BBC Two motoring show will be hit by severe budget cuts next year, reports The Guardian.

Wilman, who is also Jeremy Clarkson's business partner, wrote on Top Gear fansite Transmission that "nobody's got a pot to p*** in anymore".

Wilman's posting, which was later altered, initially read: "No point in moaning about that - all shows are suffering and nobody's got a pot to p*** in anymore anyway, so no reason why we shouldn't suffer as well.

"Our problem though is that there is no fat to trim off the show, in that we waste almost nothing behind the scenes and the old cliché of every penny goes on screen is actually true."

Discussing ways in which the programme will change next series, he continued: "In 2009, the budget cut has to affect what you watch, and Clarkson has had a brainwave in making this as painless as possible.

"Basically instead of trimming back a little bit on every show - losing a helicopter here or a truck crash there - we'll endeavour to make 13 of our 14 shows as per the usual Jerry Bruckheimer standard, and then the last one, when we only have a tenner left, will be utter, utter s**te."

uk.news.yahoo.com

I actually like the sound of one immensely low budget episode.

They actually did an episode where they had no money to make it, they had to sell items to attempt to make it. They even had May playing a cheap keyboard to produce the theme.

And even used a home video camera to film a car review.

The Stigs identity is revealed!!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/4286448/Who-is-the-Stig-The-answer.html

Top Gear test driver The Stig has been unmasked as professional stuntman and Le Mans racer Ben Collins.

bencollins_1241512c.jpg

For years the identity of The Stig has been a closely guarded secret, but Collins – who has previously competed in Formula Three, Le Mans, GT and NASCAR – has apparently outed himself to staff at a Bristol gallery.

The 33-year-old let his secret slip when he asked them to help him produce a limited-edition print of The Stig in action.

Gallery owner Simon Whitehead, 27, said: "I was absolutely amazed when he said he was The Stig, it was quite a big thing in a weird way."

Builder Jason Goody, 21, also discovered The Stig's identity when he did some work at Collins' home and found the famous white suit and gloves on display in a cabinet.

Other fans of Top Gear, presented by Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May, have been closing in on Collins in recent months. One YouTube clip shows The Stig, in full disguise, talking with a Bristol accent to a foreign TV crew – and then cuts to Collins sounding very similar.

Collins, from Bristol, has always denied being The Stig and could face the sack if he admitted it. The first Stig, stunt driver Perry McCarthy, lost the job after outing himself in his book Flat Out, Flat Broke, published in 2002.

He was known as The Black Stig and always wore a black suit and helmet before he was "killed off" during the third series in 2003. Collins has since become The White Stig, and wears an all white helmet and suit.

Collins started his motorsport career in 1994, competing in Formula First and Formula Vauxhall Junior on his way to International Formula 3.

He has appeared on BBC's Top Gear as himself on various occasions to perform some dramatic stunts.

The Health & Safety Executive report into Hammond's accident in September 2006 recorded that Collins had "worked closely with Top Gear as a high performance driver and consultant" and had prepared a briefing for the presenter.

Collins also recently spent three months working as a precision driver on the latest James Bond movie The Quantum of Solace.

He was the double for Daniel Craig and drove the Aston Martin DBS in some of the most challenging driving sequences.

Collins said of the experience: "It was a bit like a dream come true to work on a Bond film. On the first day filming I had to pinch myself as I was sitting there in Bond's pin stripe suit with an Omega Watch. I felt totally at home in the Aston Martin DBS, which is just an awesome car and it was a lot of fun hammering it around the Alps.

"There were sheer drops of a thousand feet on some of the roads we using. I think a highlight was sliding the DBS up the mountain road between two giant rocks, then onto the pass with nothing but a hand rail to stop the car falling off a cliff."

The Stig's name derives from Clarkson's days at Repton School where, he said, new students were always called "Stig".

The identity of White Stig has not been officially revealed and is regarded as a carefully guarded secret by the BBC.

However, it has not stopped people from trying to identify him and names such as Julian Bailey, Damon Hill, Tim Schrick, and Russ Swift have all been suggested.

A Top Gear spokesman said: "We never comment on speculation as to who or what The Stig is."

Time for Silver Stig then?!!

I wish I'd heard of him. Would be more exciting.
Yeah that's what I thought! bit meh!... though was interesting to learn he's also James Bonds stunt driver

I vote for Pink Stig.
I could actually seeing them doing that!

It's been more or less known that it was him ever since Hammond's crash though, just never confirmed.

Seriously, i knew it was him about 3 months ago.

I've known it was him since;

It's been more or less known that it was him ever since Hammond's crash though, just never confirmed.

As his name was required to be on the report for the incident, and by process of elimination it was worked out he was the Stig.