NEurope

My god! Dewy's Adventure is awesome. So simple yet so much fun. Worth the £9.99 I spent on it. Everyone should pick it up.

Part 2 of that interview with various devs:

Kawazu :

- looking to make more turn-based RPGs in the future

- Given the superior technological strength of the West, they wanted to show, with Last Remnant, that they could “do it” too.

- ” It’s a time when you game-lovers must feel concerned”

Nagoshi :

- Making titles that actively justify the existence of the high-end consoles is a personal mission

Marvelous Entertainment:

- plans to support the Wii with a lineup of top-class games

Yoshizumi :

- wishes Tales was more popular in Europe/America

Terada :

- “Whichever hardware you choose to put your game on, you have to save the results of this choice”.

- “You really have to support multiplatform gaming and portable gaming, don’t you ?”

Sugiyama (Koei)

- More DS titles such as Saihai no Yukue, as these seem fairly popular with DS users

- Sengoku Musou 3 is on Wii because he thought the Wii audience would like it

- They will continue to cater to the audience that is interested in titles such as Oryori Navi : Marugoto Teikoku Hotel DS, as this audience matches the console

- The first half of 2008 has been record high for the management

Wishes Tales was more popular in the west? Gee, that might actually come true if... you know... released the good ones here? Innocence? Oh, no. Hearts? Oh, no. Vesperia? ... you're not helping yourself, Namco.

So I went shopping today and bought:

Disaster

Skate It

And Burnout for the PS3.

So in the last 2 weeks I have: Manhunt 2, Prince of persia, Fallout 3, Mirrors Edge, Dead Space, Bioshock, Samba De Amigo, Secret Files, Animal Crossing, Shaun White and the three above!!! Gulp!!

Add Rayman Raving Rabbids 3 TV Party to the list :D I need to get off the internet......

Yeah I'm looking forward to Secret Files, me and my girflriend have a batch of games we play together, this is one of them. Lego Indy was the next one (after Bully and lego starwars which were both at the end of) but she got that for xmas so is playing it on her own. Secret Files is next!!

Part 2 of that interview with various devs:

Wishes Tales was more popular in the west? Gee, that might actually come true if... you know... released the good ones here? Innocence? Oh, no. Hearts? Oh, no. Vesperia? ... you're not helping yourself, Namco.

Part 2?

That is the same as mine with some of the infomation taking out on the last page.

Tidbits from a Gemaga interview with a few big developers:

Inafune (Capcom) :

-Regarding Resident Evil 5, he says that their experience with Mega Man 9 in parallel turned out to be useful when it came to tackle the online aspect and more particularly to come to grips with the online services/infrastructures.

- He would never, ever make a casual game such as Brain Training.

- He was right about which hardware would win the systems war, but he never thought the DS would be selling that much. " Sorry (for doubting you), Mr. Nintendo"

Kawazu (Square-Enix) :

- There might be a SaGa related surprise for the 20th anniversary of the series next year.

- They made the Last Remnant characters with the Western audience in mind

- They want to make more turn-based RPGs in the future.

- Given the superior technological strength of the West, they wanted to show, with Last Remnant, that they could "do it" too.

- " It's a time when you game-lovers must feel concerned"

Yoshizumi (Namco):

- The Tales of Wii battle system has innovations that will, apparently, greatly impress people. "Please look forward to it"

- Tales of isn't selling well in the West in comparison to Japan. He wishes American and European would play it more.

- For their next project on an HD system, he want to make it very detailed, with a painting-like style to it.

Nagoshi :

- Before, you wouldn't make software for hardware which wouldn't sell. Things are now different. It's now a matter of fighting so the resources dedicated to the HD consoles wouldn't decrease.

- Making titles that proactively justify the existence of the high-end consoles is a personal mission

- The 'multiplatformization' of the game software has little meaning. Digging further into each platform's characteristics and nature is what is interesting.

- He wants to make a new game using his experience with Yakuza/Ryu Ga Gotoku. He is also considering worldwide development, though he is worried about the stance that consists of appealing to the Western audience before the Japanese audience.

Marvelous Entertainment:

- Starting with Little King's Story, they plan to fully support the Wii with a line-up of top-class games. That's their ambition.

D3 :

- They are going to enrich the "Simple" series...

Terada :

- Whichever hardware you choose to put out your game on, you have to save the results of this choice.

-"You really have to support multiplatform gaming and portable gaming, isn't it ?"

Yamauchi (Polyphony Digital) :

- With the exception of 17 overseas business trips, and 3 months during which the workplace was empty, the studio was pretty much confined

- They would have wanted to get GT5 out in 2009

- As they are exclusively in charge of car games, they want to make a distinctive new title. [not sure if this means a new Racing game IP, or a new IP entirely]

Terada (Super Robot War's producer):

- They might "reposition their development" on the second half of 2009...

Hino (Level 5):

-DQIX is truly entering final preparation stage. About the multiplayer aspect, he mentions that they are making it such as its mechanisms give a unique flavor compared to every Online RPG before.

-'Ni no Kuni' is still on track for 2009.

Sugiyama (Koei) :

- He believes they put out too many big titles for the PS3 and X360 in 2008, and the market got a bit crowded. For next year, they will limit themselves to 3-4 titles.

- More DS titles such as Saihai no Yukue, as these seem fairly popular with DS users.

- Sengoku Musou 3 is on Wii because he thought the Wii audience would like it

- The PSP Musou Orochi was developed by an oversea studio.

- They will continue to cater to the audience that is interested in titles such as Oryori Navi : Marugoto Teikoku Hotel DS, as this audience matches the console.

- The first half of 2008 has been record high for the management.

- Hopes the Wii user will like Sengoku Musou 3

- Was really impressed by Smash Bros Brawl

Source : 2ch

My Wii is 2 years old today :)

I'm thinking of getting a component cable because we finally got a nice LCD TV. Is the official one the best cable to use? Also what's the cheapest price that it's being sold at. Brief research has shown GAME online have it for just under £8 but it's not in stock. Reckon the price would be similar instore?

I'm also looking to get a new official GC controller. I suppose my best chance is online, but I will have a look around when I go shopping later today as well for that slight chance.

I'm thinking of getting a component cable because we finally got a nice LCD TV. Is the official one the best cable to use? Also what's the cheapest price that it's being sold at. Brief research has shown GAME online have it for just under £8 but it's not in stock. Reckon the price would be similar instore?

It's best to hunt for the official Nintendo cables. Don't forget that they won't just work on any LCD TV, they need to be able to output a component signal (Your tv needs to have a Red-White-Red-Blue-Green combo of ports.)

I don't know whether it's the cables or my TV, but when I started to use GAME's component cables I found that I couldn't play NES and SNES games correctly any more. The screen kind of goes into DS mode and duplicates whatever's showing up on-screen, so there's a squashed image appearing on the top half and an even worse one right below it.

I'm also looking to get a new official GC controller. I suppose my best chance is online, but I will have a look around when I go shopping later today as well for that slight chance.

Go for the Nintendo ones. Even on an old CRT TV they make a huge difference.

It's best to hunt for the official Nintendo cables. Don't forget that they won't just work on any LCD TV, they need to be able to output a component signal (Your tv needs to have a Red-White-Red-Blue-Green combo of ports.)

There aren't many TVs at all that are manufactured today without component input.

Wouldn't be a surprise if it is real. They basically had Pilotwings Wii in the Wii Motorsports thing they were working on but seeing as the car racing became Excite Truck and the jet ski racing became part of Wii Sport 2 all that is left is the air bit they had which, if this is true, will have been the basis for that. If it is real, then I wouldn't expect an announcement until perhaps GDC in february.

I don't know whether it's the cables or my TV, but when I started to use GAME's component cables I found that I couldn't play NES and SNES games correctly any more. The screen kind of goes into DS mode and duplicates whatever's showing up on-screen, so there's a squashed image appearing on the top half and an even worse one right below it.

It's your TV not the cables. My TV does it as well with some of the early VC releases. Nintendo have fixed some of the games but not all of them. I have 3 or 4 games I can't play ATM, I'm thinking of complaining to Nintendo.

Hell yeah, I would play this game forever if my friends would play with me or the internet had no lag.

Good choices in there for Wii game of the year and nice to see Brawl win. I'm not going to argue with it being a GOTY. I'd still go with Okami myself though.

Is okami really that good, i've heard good things and bad things.

I don't want to be told it's good just to find out it's alright like de Blob.

Depends what your looking for. If you want an epic single player experience with fantastic visual and musical presentation, then it's fantastic. It's a little different to the norm for the style of game in the genre but that's what makes it interesting. If you are the kind of person who doesn't really like drawn out titles like Zelda then you probably won't like this.

Either way, I can sort of understand the marmite taste the game leaves with people but to me, it was a truely epic title and I felt it was, dare I say, better than Twiligh Princess. Yes, that's right.... I went there. Let the flames begin.

I love games like zelda and anything with a good story. Whats the story like?

The story is very much routed in Japanese mythology. It's quite good, I enjoyed it and it captivated me enough to want to play and complete the game and start it a second time, but bits could have been done slightly better. Good mix of comic and serious areas to it.

Well the story gets pretty bad later on, but the setting's pretty good. Game's main problem is its pacing, it's a little better on Wii the dialogue is faster, but still... That and they're constantly holding your hand, it's disgusting. Still, great game.

i felt- and more of a critisism of me- that i'd have appreciated the game more with more of an understanding of Japanese Mythology. There were times when i felt i was just 'missing something'.

All that said, its a sublime game. I'd agree with most of the critisism here but don't let that put you off.

i felt- and more of a critisism of me- that i'd have appreciated the game more with more of an understanding of Japanese Mythology. There were times when i felt i was just 'missing something'.

All that said, its a sublime game. I'd agree with most of the critisism here but don't let that put you off.

Hmm yeah, it's nice to know a thing or two, just search the web :P

IGN's Nintendo Wii Year in Review 2008

2008 Top 10 Sellers

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Nintendo

Mario Kart Wii

Nintendo

Wii Fit

Nintendo

Rock Band

MTV Games

LEGO Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures

LucasArts

Mario Super Sluggers

Nintendo

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

LucasArts

Deca Sports

Hudson Soft

Endless Ocean

Nintendo

2008 Top 10 Readers Picks

World of Goo

2D Boy

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Nintendo

Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World

Namco Bandai

Naruto: Clash of Ninja Revolution 2

Tomy Corporation

Okami

Capcom

Guitar Hero World Tour

Activision

One Piece: Unlimited Adventure

Namco Bandai

Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility

Natsume / Marvelous Interactive

Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo's Dungeon

Square Enix

Mega Man 9

Capcom

My hunt for an official component cable has not been successful so far. Most online stores have it out of stock, and a lot of shops that I have walked into are out of stock too including Game, Gamestation, ASDA. I was able to find one in HMV but it was £28! :(

Does anyone know if there is some sort of widespread shortage of the official cable then?

Oh and I now have my Wii (and PS2) hooked up to our old surround sound system. The sound is very very nice (even with just Pro Logic) :awesome: Makes you realise that sound can be just as important as picture quality.