N-Europe

Bioshock 2

flameboy

what 4 shitty games?

Sega Rally, Sega Megadrive Ultimate Collection, Devil May Cry 4 and Street Fighter 4. I know what you're going to say that some of them aren't shitty. The only decent one really was SFIV, but i'm not a fan of fighters so :p

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sega Rally, Sega Megadrive Ultimate Collection, Devil May Cry 4 and Street Fighter 4. I know what you're going to say that some of them aren't shitty. The only decent one really was SFIV, but i'm not a fan of fighters so :p

Sega Rally = average but fun racer that doesn't quite capture the awesomeness of the original but does offer a different style of racing.

Sega Megadrive Ultimate Collection = One of the most comprehensive Sega collections to date full of a good deal of classic games and represents excellent value for money.

Devil May Cry 4 = A decent entry for the series, somewhere inbetween the 1st and 2nd in terms of quality but is nowhere near as good as the third.

Street Fighter IV = Superb fighter let down by a cheap and repetitive final boss character that refuses to die!

None of them really fall into the category of 'shit' tbh, however...

Bioshock 2 = A damn excellent followup to one of the most original and atmospheric FPS/Exploration games seen in years.

So it was still a good deal overall. :)

Edited by S.C.G

Sega Rally = average but fun racer that doesn't quite capture the awesomeness of the original but does offer a different style of racing.

Sega Megadrive Ultimate Collection = One of the most comprehensive Sega collections to date full of a good deal of classic games and represents excellent value for money.

Devil May Cry 4 = A decent entry for the series, somewhere inbetween the 1st and 2nd in terms of quality but is nowhere near as good as the third.

Street Fighter IV = Superb fighter let down by a cheap and repetitive final boss character that refuses to die!

None of them really fall into the category of 'shit' tbh, however...

Bioshock 2 = A damn excellent followup to one of the most original and atmospheric FPS/Exploration games seen in years.

So it was still a good deal overall. :)

Haha thanks for the overall summary. Yes I thought it was a pretty good deal. Though I did all my sales through Ebay because trade-ins are quite the joke. I got a tenner for SFIV and Sega collection, and around £5-6 for Devil May Cry and Sega Rally. Plus I got £5 off Bioshock with GAME points. Bargain. I own all of the good games off of the Sega collection anyway, the only reason I bought it was because I thought it was Xbox live compatible. They really missed a trick with that. Probably couldn't be bothered to put the effort into making every game online.

LoveFILM sent this to me the other day. Played it for a few hours.

I'm not liking it. There was a sense of pressure and fear in the first one, lights cutting out, long moments of silence. This, at the moment, feels like an almost rushed expansion pack to the original. The level design seems funnelled and cramped.

Andrew Ryan's cult of Rapture was genuinely a powerful ideal, a visible force in the original. Lamb's cult doesn't have anywhere near the same weight to it.

Edited by Daft

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just finished this on medium today, and thought I'd read back over this thread. I think the main difference between this game and the previous game was the lack of backtracking - personally I was very much content with the change, but it did mean that there was less focus on plasmids being used to solve 'puzzles' or access previously inaccessible areas, thus many of the hidden elements to the game, such as power to the people stations, radio logs and even plasmids were fairly routine to find.

I've started my second playthrough to scoop up some missed achievements - a 9 iron to model-Ryan's face, complete without using a vita-chamber, complete an ADAM harvest with a little sister without either of you getting hurt and, most infuriatingly, getting all of the basic plasmids. I was 15 ADAM short at the end of the game because I'd bought a bunch of useless shit that I never used. I'm already noticing that the areas are that much more foreign to me than the first game's because of the lack of backtracking, but conversely I think the level designs were less confusing and less annoying than the first game's were, again without the backtracking the areas were more compact and useful this time around.

The game felt shorter than the first one because of it, and because the game's environment seemed more compact, but it took me three sessions to finish, each ranging from 5 hours up to about 8 hours. The finalé was much better this time, but the cliffhanger ending wasn't very satisfying, really.

I've not been able to try the multiplayer yet as my internet's very sketchy. Has anyone given it a go?

Yes, I know I'm 6 months behind everyone else. But that 6-month wait meant I only had to pay £8 for the game. So nyer.

• 2 weeks later...

I've finally finished the game!

Yes I took an 'X' month break from it but *shrugs* I decided to back to it a week or so ago and saw it out to the end, satisfyingly I managed to get all of the single player achievements in one run... well apart from the Hard Mode one obv... as I started the game on medium.

Anyway, I enjoyed it very much and it seems like this game is till very much alive as not only has it had several DLC packs relating to multiplayer and the like - which I didn't get but shall now most likely - but only a few days ago an entire self-contained side-story dlc was released for it which I'll certainly be investigating as it sounds awesome. :)

The ending... was good but a tad predictable... but in a good way... and yes I chose to save everyone... even though I was tempted to kill them... but I resisted, anyway afaik I got the best possible ending so I'm happy. :D

Bring on Bioshock Infinite!

Ha! Well I only paid £60 for the game!

Hang on...

Me 2 :(

Anyway, I enjoyed it very much and it seems like this game is till very much alive as not only has it had several DLC packs relating to multiplayer and the like - which I didn't get but shall now most likely - but only a few days ago an entire self-contained side-story dlc was released for it which I'll certainly be investigating as it sounds awesome. :)

Once i completed Bioshock 2 and got all the single cheevos i tried the multiplayer but couldn't get into it, I just kept thinking i could be playing on MW2 which i enjoy!

I hadn't heard of a new single player dlc! Cheers for the heads up, think i will look into that!