NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Tellyn

Punch-Out!!

NGamer were right, Nintendo are indeed working on a Punch-Out!! title for the Wii! It's the series' first 3D installment and employs some lovely cel-shading, and if we're to go on hintings from Shigsy at E3, the title will feature Wii MotionPlus functionality. It's due out next year worldwide.

http://www.n-europe.com/news.php?nid=12394

Edited by Retro_Link

Really pleased about this. Love punch out!! and Super Punch Out!! Very eager to know if it will use motionplus (with 2 wiimotes) and balance board. Very eager!!

Really pleased about this. Love punch out!! and Super Punch Out!! Very eager to know if it will use motionplus (with 2 wiimotes) and balance board. Very eager!!
Now that would be an expensive set-up! Bloody cool though. :awesome:

Anyway, Motion plus or not, as long as it's nice and responsive that's all I care about. The controls in Wii Sports Boxing really let it down so I hope they've worked things out for this.

Can't wait for more info. :hehe:

I have to say, I quite like the cell shading in this. To be honest, if it was realistic graphics, I think I would be less interested.

Holy shizz! Glass Joe, Von Kaiser and King Hippo. Is this a remake of tte original? I love the art direction so far

punchout is my nr 1 now i still play the nes en sness versions and still loving it i just know this game will rock

Excellent! The graphics are fantastic, very "hardcore".

I hope it'll use two Wii remotes, each with MotionPlus. Now, as for the Balance Board, that's an excellent piece of equipment, but I think this might be better without it. I know when I play Wii Sports Boxing, I use footwork as if I'm really boxing! Having to stay on the Balance Board might be too restrictive.

Excellent! The graphics are fantastic, very "hardcore".

I hope it'll use two Wii remotes, each with MotionPlus. Now, as for the Balance Board, that's an excellent piece of equipment, but I think this might be better without it. I know when I play Wii Sports Boxing, I use footwork as if I'm really boxing! Having to stay on the Balance Board might be too restrictive.

Lol, I dunno how close to real boxing I am, but I also like to float like a butterfly when I'm playing Wii Sports Boxing! : peace:

If you love to move about in Wii Sports Boxing, you should get Wii Fit and Rhythm Boxing. :)

At first when I saw the video I thought "oh great, another ripoff", but when I saw that it actually was 3D with a very stylish graphical retro style, I was like WOW!

Really looks like the SNES version:

Super%20Punch-Out!!%20(E)%20%5B!%5D027.png

Question here is, what will Nintendo make this worth a purchase when we already have Wii Sports? I'm quite confident Nintendo will come up with something.

Question here is, what will Nintendo make this worth a purchase when we already have Wii Sports? I'm quite confident Nintendo will come up with something.

Online multiplayer, maybe? :) NGamer were right about this, it looks like Nintendo just pulled it from E3 at the last minute. In their original article, it said we'd be using the Wiimote and Nunchuk to punch (obviously), with some ducking, weaving and footwork mapped to an optional Balance Board.

If you love to move about in Wii Sports Boxing, you should get Wii Fit and Rhythm Boxing. :)

Wii Fit is great, I love the press-ups and the hula hoops! Thanks for the suggestion of Rhythm Boxing.

Punch-Out is being shown at the US conference right now.

- Punch-Out!! Wii being shown. Same screens that we saw last night. Perfect time for this game to return. Trailer being show. Little Mac is shadowboxing. Awesome live orchestra version of classic Punch-Out song.

Hahaha, let me guess, the dude being beaten up is French. And when did Little Mac become black?

I really hope they nail the controls to this game, because seriously, Wii boxing is laughably bad.

Also, the scans look fantastic :)

Punch-Out is being shown at the US conference right now.

I've been trying to find some coverage of the US conference - am I being completely dumb, can't find any on IGN?

Sign in to follow this