NEurope
Darkspine S

Klonoa: DtP ( Out Now! £14.99 Amazon & Play!! )

I thought that backwards compatibility had been completely removed in Europe?

For PS2 games yes but most if not all the PSOne games still work.

That's... odd, to say the least.

I take it your copy hasn't arrived yet Adam?

That's... odd, to say the least.

I take it your copy hasn't arrived yet Adam?

Mine was dispatched on Thursday from Play and still hasn't arrived yet.

I've checked my bank account... they haven't even taken the money out yet. Are Play having us on?

I've checked my bank account... they haven't even taken the money out yet. Are Play having us on?

They took it out of mine on Friday so it's definately on its way.

Mine arrived today! It's pretty good, i think the £14.99 price was spot-on to be honest, i would have been a bit dissapointed if it was dearer as it's pretty old-school (which isn't a bad thing). I'll play more later!

Got this today, it probably arrived earlier this week as I've been away for a couple of days. I can't play it yet however, as my sister has commandeered the TV to watch 90210, Britain's Got Talent and Britain's Got MORE Talent... Damn.

Ive been playing this on and off all week and im not that impressed. The graphics are colourful and the characters are lovable BUT the gameplay is just far too simplistic to be any kind of real fun. Its still worth £14.99 its just I was expecting a little more from it.

Why has this taken so long to arrive, i ask myself. Today, i find out it arrived yesterday and the missus forgot to give it to me

Ive been playing this on and off all week and im not that impressed. The graphics are colourful and the characters are lovable BUT the gameplay is just far too simplistic to be any kind of real fun. Its still worth £14.99 its just I was expecting a little more from it.

That's disappointing to hear as people are often saying its up there with as the pinnacle of 2D platformers and there must be a reason the original is quite expensive to get hold of...I'm gonna pick it up at some point as just aren't anough decent platformers released these days.

Not sure if i agree. I wasn't expecting a great deal, nothing really earth shattering, just a solid 2D platformer, but i'm impressed. Yes, its retro in gameplay but its got loads of personality... to me, its got a charm akin to the original Sonic. I'm finding it absolutley fun, and thoroughly recommend it for this price.

Its just retro and theres nothing wrong with that.

i got this a few days ago and have completed it and i must say its a brilliant game thats just bursting with charm. Naturally I put the original japanese voices on (as the english voice was totally ruining Klonoa as a character for me and made him seem like some moronic Sonic character).

Its got great gameplay and i really like the style, the colourfulness and winding paths, its great. The characters are loveable and I would suggest this game to anyone :)

wait... you can turn on the Japanese voices? Why did I not know this? It sounds so cheesy in english. I got it at the weekend and I'm about half way through. It's enjoyable if a little too easy for me.

yeah man, just go into options and you will see it there, his japanese voice brings back so many childhood memories and yeah, the english voices are just terrible.

And it gets really quite hard near the end, well it did for me anyway :o

I quite liked the English voice work, however, it did seem rather quiet throughout.

I adored this, its a little gem. I've been chomping at the bit for a 2D platformer, so couldn't resist. I'd have probably been slightly annoyed if it was released full price, but for £15 asking price, you really can't go wrong.

Yeh. Nearly finished it and I haven't put much time in it but as a 2d platformer on the Wii, it's great and I'm happy I got it at the price I did. I say it's definitely worth a look at that price should you be able to find it. It's old school but it's got charm to it. It's one of the few games that's made me worry about part of the story (the bit with grandpa although I knew it was gonna happen. It still saddened me).

Picked this up from the bargain bin, and it's way better than I had dared to expect. It's pretty ol' skool 2D, and it has some nice twists of its own. I actually got tempted to buy this after playing NyxQuest on WiiWare.

This probably hasn't sold at all, which is a bit of shame, really. If you love 2D-platformers, I can't really find any argument not to atleast try this one out. Well, unless you're strapped for cash, or you've got a distaste for anything colourful.

This probably hasn't sold at all, which is a bit of shame, really. If you love 2D-platformers, I can't really find any argument not to atleast try this one out. Well, unless you're strapped for cash, or you've got a distaste for anything colourful.

It hasn't sold because you can't find it anywhere, I've only seen it on Play and Amazon. I haven't seen it instore anywhere since it's been released (although I haven't exactly been looking for it).

I've only seen 2 copies of it in stores, both of which were snapped up quickly (one of which was bought by me). So yeh, the sales are probably rock bottom because it's had such a limited release which is a shame because it is a decent enough game for what you pay for it.

I'm on the 4th Chapter after an hour and a half and it's a great little game. Definately recommend it to any platform fans! Love the art style and the simplicity of the controls.

I just can't help but think it would have been better suited to a WiiWare release. I'm sure if it was released for 1000 points with the awful English voice acting cut it would have sold so much better. Never mind though, I'm just glad I picked a copy up. :)

Finally found this in my local GStation and picked it up for 15 notes. Absolutely love it. It has more charm than I ever would have imagined and there were moments where I actually thought "wow" at the scenery. A delightful game which, although is very easy - never frustrates or feels boring. It definately has that 32-bit vibe (found in the brilliant CD-alike soundtrack) but that's a credit to its heritage.

See it? Like 2(.5)D? Buy it!