NEurope
Darkspine S

Klonoa: DtP ( Out Now! £14.99 Amazon & Play!! )

Well I can definitely agree that the old style Goemon is miles better than the new skool one. As for Klonoa... what sorta animal/ creature is it meant to be anyway? Looks to me like a kind of Felix the cat hybrid with long floppy rabbits ears. Can he twirl like Dixie Kong to do a helicopter move, or do the ears serve no purpose? :heh:

Yeah, cause you have played all the originals :nono:

Don't be stupid, a good game's a good game.

LOL. ok fine. Let them remake all the past good games on wii just for the fact you haven't played them, and lets see how far gaming progresses on a Nintendo console. Theres no reason why they couldn't make new content, if you want to play its prequel, its already out there.

LOL. ok fine. Let them remake all the past good games on wii just for the fact you haven't played them, and lets see how far gaming progresses. Theres no reason why they couldn't make new content, if you want to play its prequel, its already out there.

1-Even those of us that possess a PS1 may have a hard time finding the game;

2-We appreciate what we have, instead of something that doesn't exist. We might've as easily not get anything, but we're getting at least something.

3-The Wii doesn't have an excess of remakes. An excess of ports, probably, but not full-fledged remakes.

LOL. ok fine. Let them remake all the past good games on wii just for the fact you haven't played them, and lets see how far gaming progresses on a Nintendo console. Theres no reason why they couldn't make new content, if you want to play its prequel, its already out there.
New content is content I've never played before to me. I don't see how it could otherwise be new.

At least Klonoa still has normal ears. *holds thumbs*

Yeah, I'm glad these lastest scans show a Klonoa that we all know and love.

Any news on a Europe release date yet?

didnt know it was on the gba.. interesting

Yeah, it's called Klonoa: Empire of Dreams. It was pretty hard to find but I managed to get it from eBay. It's a great platformer.

There's also another GBA one called Klonoa 2: Dream Champ Tournament which I can't get :(

At least Klonoa still has normal ears. *holds thumbs*

they thinking of to redesign for the western market.

boxart

51ORxCTQo6L._SS500_.jpg

Thank you assassination target, you.

????

I what?

Also, i got expelled from the Portuguese Mafia :'(, so i'm not a Assassination target anymore.

????

I what?

Also, i got expelled from the Portuguese Mafia :'(, so i'm not a Assassination target anymore.

And you're still alive? (when were you admited? :p) expelled mafiosos go sleep with the fishes (playing Endless Ocean), you're still a target alright. (but this is way offtopic)

" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

There's also another GBA one called Klonoa 2: Dream Champ Tournament which I can't get :(

It's for sale new/sealed boxed on ebay at the moment- American Seller. But to be honest it's not as good as the first one.

And you're still alive? (when were you admited? :p) expelled mafiosos go sleep with the fishes (playing Endless Ocean), you're still a target alright. (but this is way offtopic)

Off-Topic:

Yes, i'm still alive, earning money as a Hitman, no one from the Portuguese Mafia has found me since i was expelled (i was supposed to be killed the night after being expelled, i ran away, though). Also, i don't have Endless Ocean, so you'l have to use another pun for my death BUAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAH

And about "when were you admited?", Hellfire admited me when he knew i was Portuguese.

Needless to say, he didn't watch any of my posts before doing that foolish decision.

But yes, we're getting off-topic, so let's solve this by going ON-TOPIC!!!

----------------------------------------------------

On-Topic:

I still didn't understand one thing, is this a remake, or a completely new game based on a old franchise?

Might make my Sister buy this if the later is the one.

On-Topic:

I still didn't understand one thing, is this a remake, or a completely new game based on a old franchise?

Might make my Sister buy this if the later is the one.

It's a remake based on an old franchise.

But honestly, what's the difference? You never played the original, did you?

I can't say you why it would make a difference.

Because its illegal to talk about that on this forum.

I think you got it now, though

IGN have a preview of Klonoa up:

Outside of the visuals, Bandai Namco has kept the Klonoa experience pure. In fact, one of the big selling point for the game -- it's even mentioned in the commercials -- is the simplicity of the controls.

There aren't any crazy waggle-based gimmicks. The game plays perfectly using the Wiimote in horizontal mode. Those who have other preferences can also go into the options screen to select Wiimote/Nunchuk combo, Classic Controller and GameCube controller.

The updated visuals don't get in the way of a smooth experience, thankfully. All loading is masked, so you won't see a single loading screen. It's easy to get right into a saved game, select your favorite level from the world map, and start playing.

We're still playing through the game, so we're not sure of what else is new. There is quite a bit to the title in terms of collections and unlockables, much of which was in the PlayStation original. As with the PlayStaton version, you can unlock a super difficult Extra Vision stage. You'll also eventually unlock a boss attack mode, reverse stages, and a set of costumes for the main character.

The full thing can be found here:

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/935/935590p1.html

Not sure how reliable this is, but it's food for thought anyway :heh: ;

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=14056231&postcount=246

The user ShadowCattivvi on IGN is posting that there's a new Nintendo Power article which states that they are sticking with Klonoa's original design in response to the online survey (hooray!), and that the team also wants to port Klonoa 2 and do a new game if sales are good enough. Sounds like more of the infamous Wii "tests", but Klonoa is one series I'd actually be willing to support remakes of as long as they're polished and reasonably priced.

I'd love to see the second game get a Wii release too. I hope that survey choice holds true. :bouncy:

In a funny twist of fate my American friend sent me some Twinkies/Cheetos and 2 USED GBA carts of both Klonoa and Klonoa 2 as an early Xmas gift. Can't wait to curl up with my micro and give em both a play over the Holiday season.