N-Europe

Games for 3 year olds!

dazzybee

It's a racial slur used against Jewish people, widely associated with Tottenham because of their large Jewish following.

No it's not a racial slur! What the hell are you talking about? We're called Yids. Yiddo is more affection than a slur.

After the war there was a hardcore groups of Spurs fans, all jewish, who called themselves the Yid army. Now All spurs fans are called the Yid army (more common with the fans who travel away)

You MUST be a gooner. It's the only explanation!

I thought the same thing. Don't get me wrong I played NES at my cousins when I was young, but it wasn't until I was at least 5 that we got a console. I was too young to appreciate the value of an expensive piece of kit. I wouldn't trust a £180 Wii in the hands of a 3 year old.

Not trusting a 3 year old is different to not thinking it's 'suitable' for a 3 year old. And it's not as if it's "There you go, here's a Wii, do what you want" is it?

Mate I don't want to deter your topic but you're wrong, the word Yiddo or Yid is derived from the Jewish term Yiddish.

Dictionary.com Definition of Yid

And yes I know your fans use it as some kind of nickname but that doesn't stop it being offensive to Jewish people.

---

Trusting and suitability are pretty close. If it was a suitable source of entertainment for a 3 year old I'd trust them, but it isn't.

Dazzybee and Ramar, take it to PM's please.

In regards to the age of gamers, my 2 year old nephew loves to watch me play games. He waddles upstairs and jumps on my bed, I always give him my spare wavebird and he sits and thinks hes playing, adorable!

Last Christmas I also taught him how to say Mario, Pikachu, Toad and Sonic. If I put a picture of any of them on google he instantly recognises them. I bought him a Mario and Toad plushie for his birthday earlier in the year, he loves them to bits. Now when ever he wants me to play a game he shouts MARIO! Basically he associates gaming with Mario, my work here is done :)

Hehehe! That is brilliant. :bowdown:

Why do you think that, just out of interest?

I second Wario Ware.

Why? I started gaming at 3 :)

I think gaming, ESPECIALLy the Wii is a fantastic thing for very young children for building up motor skills, communication; and is way more interactive and positive than watching films or television.

Sorry to sound a bit 'old', I started gaming when I was around 7 or 8, but I think 3 is justa little young. Parents dump their kids in front of the TV or games and at that age I think it's no good for them.

Sorry to sound a bit 'old', I started gaming when I was around 7 or 8, but I think 3 is justa little young. Parents dump their kids in front of the TV or games and at that age I think it's no good for them.

But do you not think the Wii has lots and lots of benefits for kids?

Anyways, each to their own. I think 3 is more than fine. I mean, whats the difference between dumping them with some action figures then playing Boom Blox, or Wii SPorts?!?! Why is Operation better than Mario Party?!?!

But do you not think the Wii has lots and lots of benefits for kids?

Anyways, each to their own. I think 3 is more than fine. I mean, whats the difference between dumping them with some action figures then playing Boom Blox, or Wii SPorts?!?! Why is Operation better than Mario Party?!?!

I agree, there's nothing wrong with it providing they're not doing it 24/7. Make it out to be a treat every so often. And this goes without saying, but monitor what they're playing too.

Three does seem a bit young yeah, but when you put it in the context of the Wii, its a bit more active and involving than what it was like back in our day of the Commodore 64. (I can't remember exactly what age I started gaming at- could it really have been as early as three?? :o)

Mine was definitely 3, black rubber keyed ZX Spectrum!! Loved it. Also had a commodore. Did you ever play a game called Little Computer People!?! It's like a REALLY bad tamagotchi, but I loved it! You couldn't save it so you had to leave it on for as long as you wanted to play it :D

I think I proper started gaming when I was 4 or 5(that is, had our own console, it may have been younger, and ftr it was a SNES) but I'd been playing my cousins' gameboy and shiz when I was younger. My parents were strict though, I was ONLY allowed to play on weekends(something I didn't break free of until about 16) and they would often take away our games/console as punishment. Despite all this I was still heavily in love with gaming, and it stuck with me longer than it should have, I think.

However, I have now turned to be a fairly well rounded individual I think, so I think anyone saying 3/4 is too young, it only is depending how the child is kept and brought up.

As for the actual games, I don't know any 3 year old gamers, but I'd deffo recommend some of those family/party games, as it'd encourage some multiplayer sociability. Mario Party, Mario Kart, WarioWare etc

In regards to the age of gamers, my 2 year old nephew loves to watch me play games. He waddles upstairs and jumps on my bed, I always give him my spare wavebird and he sits and thinks hes playing, adorable!

I used to do that with my second cousin. Except I'd just give him anything with buttons like a phone or a tv remote and he would think he was playing.

My 4 year old daughter has a Wii in her bedroom. It is incredible how fast they pick up the hand to eye co-ordination. She inherited my DS when she was three, and she little more than bashed the touch screen with the stylus. 12 months on and she gives me a run for my money on Mario Kart. Thats not to say she plays it constantly - far from it. Maybe 2 hours per week depending if she has friends round to play.

Her favourite games are Smash Brothers, Mario Kart and Lego Star Wars, all sociable games (maybe Smash is a little violent for her but meh).

I suppose the good games appeal to all ages.

My 4 year old daughter has a Wii in her bedroom. It is incredible how fast they pick up the hand to eye co-ordination. She inherited my DS when she was three, and she little more than bashed the touch screen with the stylus. 12 months on and she gives me a run for my money on Mario Kart. Thats not to say she plays it constantly - far from it. Maybe 2 hours per week depending if she has friends round to play.

Her favourite games are Smash Brothers, Mario Kart and Lego Star Wars, all sociable games (maybe Smash is a little violent for her but meh).

I suppose the good games appeal to all ages.

So do you have 2 wiis in your house then?