NEurope
Choze

Wipeout HD

I creamed myself over my DS3, which was alright because it camouflages nicely on the white paint.

Just got it. AND a DS3 :) Both are soooooooooooooooo slick.

Yeh I really liked my DS3 especially since u can't get silver in this country and it was also slighly less (£30)

I also like that it's heavier than 6axis.

The PS3 controller now reminds me of the GC controller. Probably just the shoulder buttons though...

Still, Wipeout is pretty awesome. Played online and did OK. Seems like using assissted mode isn't the way to win. Took it off and I felt at home. Remember loving the N64 incarnation back in the day. Tried phantom mode...F-Zero wasn't this hard :p

Still, fab title for what equates to (in gaming terms) spare change.

Really good game, always liked Wipeout (the only futuristic racer that got even close to FZero) and this is one of th better version (2097 being the best) possibly even better, time will tell. One thing though, I regularly get reminded by how AWFUL the PS pad is. I've always hated the analogue stick! Yeah, about as analogue as a light switch.......except the brightness changing ones.....So I just ise the Dpad, which is fine, but surely not the way to go. Anyways, great game, wish I had more time for it; but will be a nice luxury when I finish my other games.

Really good game, always liked Wipeout (the only futuristic racer that got even close to FZero) and this is one of th better version (2097 being the best) possibly even better, time will tell. One thing though, I regularly get reminded by how AWFUL the PS pad is. I've always hated the analogue stick! Yeah, about as analogue as a light switch.......except the brightness changing ones.....So I just ise the Dpad, which is fine, but surely not the way to go. Anyways, great game, wish I had more time for it; but will be a nice luxury when I finish my other games.

DualShock 3 has improved stick quality. Bear in mind Wipeout works good with Dpad as well since HD is based on the PSP versions.

I still cant handle the fastest class no matter what however. :shakehead

The gold medal for 75 zones is surely impossible for everyone here...

I got to 32 on my 3rd go ever on Wipeout.... although 75 is very

very

very fast. :heh:

I'm thinking of attempting platinum even if it means trying to break 70 zones. It just depends how hard everything gets. I will almost certainly bail out, but it could be a good game to get into.

This game is really awesome. The best thing is the competetive side of things. I like trying to beat peoples records, especially people off here.

This is one of my absolute favourite PS3 games. I managed to get the Flatland Flyer trophy today! And I'm not even a trophy whore! :heh:

In an effort to get every gold medal available, the time trails are the ones driving me nuts. I've used every ship class on the later courses and still can't beat them. I actually don't think I can improve yet I'm missing the gold targets by around 3 seconds. Must be some shortcuts or something. Or perhaps I'm just crap lol. I've watched the ghost times time and time again and the racing line is spot on.

Perhaps you have to unlock certain craft to complete the latter time trials?!

I'm afraid Tape that you're just awful...

Just kidding, the later one's are pretty tough, although even when I comlete them I know I could probably get a better time. Dunno how to beat that Zico time though! Will have to look on Youtube.

I got all gold medals on race-campaign a few days ago, and I haven't played it since. Somewhen I'm gonna find the time to complete all the races on elite, because that bags me a gold trophy (Im a whore).

Not actually gonna try for much else.

From PS3fanboy

WipEout HD has now been patched in order to fix the common game freezing problem among PSN users with over 50 friends. Currently this patch is available for the European version only, though we would expect it to go live in America very soon. The patch notes, which can be retrieved from within the game, state that your save file needs to be deleted after the patch has been installed for the fix to take affect. This means your lap times, team loyalties and other single-player stats and options will be lost.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

ah well, just means i'll get even more practice in ^_^

So addicted to this game, can't wait till i get my bravia TV just before christmas.

wat!? :shakehead Is that regarding the friends number issue?

if you have 60+ friends it makes the game lock...

Was kinda miffed I had to install this as I don't have near 50+ friends. Meh!

Anyways, was racing Cookyman last night and it would be great to get a wee tournament going sometime. Great game!

I am weighing up whether to get this or not so could well be online later playing it, think I want to try and complete Burnout; Bikes first before I download this.

PSN swap. 10

Quote = Me

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's quality and easy. Here's what you do if you want games from me:

- make a new user

- I give you my email address and I make a temporary password that you use

- on the new user, make a new psn ID but choose the existing ID option

- enter my email and temp password

-then go on the PS store and go to 'View Downloads' and you just click on the downloads you want from me.

Then you can allow them to download for free. When giving people games make sure to clear all your billing info so that they cant use it

wanna try? if you have any games that is (btw this only works on up to 5 playstations).

What's quality is that both peope get to keep the game.