NEurope
Pit-Jr

Obama -VS- McCain Choose your Poison!

I'd vote for McCain over Obama any day. And I believe McCain will win.

Why's that? Afaik, you're the only McCain supporter so far. What is it that makes you support him?

Why's that? Afaik, you're the only McCain supporter so far. What is it that makes you support him?

Because he looks like he's a stronger leader, he's far more nationalistic and he's not some love child of the media.

Because he looks like he's a stronger leader, he's far more nationalistic and he's not some love child of the media.

Looks like the stronger leader? Erm, shout "Democrat" at him and he'll probably collapse having a heart attack.

Also nationalistic? Why the hell is that a good thing? America are a hugely influential power in the world - not just America. The have many different cultures and languages spoken because people come from all over the world to live in America. So why the hell is being incredibly Nationlistic a good thing? We're a world that needs to start listening to each other rather than only focusing on ourselves and our seperate nations.

Looks like the stronger leader? Erm, shout "Democrat" at him and he'll probably collapse having a heart attack.

Also nationalistic? Why the hell is that a good thing? America are a hugely influential power in the world - not just America. The have many different cultures and languages spoken because people come from all over the world to live in America. So why the hell is being incredibly Nationlistic a good thing? We're a world that needs to start listening to each other rather than only focusing on ourselves and our seperate nations.

Total rubbish. A nation needs a leader that will think about that nation's needs first and foremost and put it's own people first. And before you start blabbering on about how America is soooo wonderful because of all the different people and cultures there you should stop.

Firstly, many Americans are sick of immigration, they're sick of people going to America for free health care and benefits and not even learning to speak the language.

Secondly, unchecked immigration into any first world country would be catastrophic in terms of jobs, health care, social services, overpopulation and other social reasons such as crime and poverty.

Firstly, many Americans are sick of immigration, they're sick of people going to America for free health care and benefits and not even learning to speak the language.

Are you actually aware how difficult it is to emigrate to America. It's basically impossible to legally emigrate to America unless you qualify for an American passport. The best you can do is a 2 year working visa and that's pretty hard to get. And health care is most certainly not free in America I have no idea where you got that from.

This is totally new to me.

Is this right?

Around 30% of health care in the US is government funded. That's a fact. Most is provided privately, either through employers, or by individuals. However, there is still government provided health care.

My employer pays for half of my health insurance, i pay the rest and the coverage is almost laugable. This is the case for most of America.

If Obama pulls out the win, i hope Clinton gets a cabinet position over health care reform since she genuinely seems to give a shit about it.

America sick of immigrants!? The whole country is practically made up of immigrants.

Total rubbish. A nation needs a leader that will think about that nation's needs first and foremost and put it's own people first.

aaaaaand McCain demonstrated this by choosing a VP who was clearly a fiercely political move in an attempt to win the election rather than someone who would be capable to take over the position or even give a proper advisory role. Also nice work ignoring that Obama wants the same thing. That's why he doesn't accept money from lobbyists or special interest groups. On the other hand McCain has 7 lobbyists in his campaign organizers.

And before you start blabbering on about how America is soooo wonderful because of all the different people and cultures there you should stop.

Because it's true and you don't want to admit it?

People don't go to america for free healthcare because you don't offer it. Hospitals can't deny you if you're dying but you still get a big bill at the end. People go to America to live the american dream and a vast majority of them work as hard as they can to achieve it.

Secondly, unchecked immigration into any first world country would be catastrophic in terms of jobs, health care, social services, overpopulation and other social reasons such as crime and poverty.

Obama is also for tightening the borders to reduce illegal immigration as well. He also wants to increase the number of legal immigrants and give more a path to legal American identity, so they can pay taxes like everyone else.

You do know McCain's and Obama's stance on immigration isn't vastly different. I n fact, I think McCain is more liberal on immigration than Obama.

America sick of immigrants!? The whole country is practically made up of immigrants.

Shhh, Chief Sitting Bull is really angry about these immigrants turning up to take advantage of America's famous Nationalised Healthcare. Zech's stance on politics is based on rooting for whoever's most right wing because he's got a phobia of communism taking over the world, although we've learned from previous threads that he doesn't actually know what communism is. I wouldn't take his posts on politics too seriously, seeing as he reckons immigrants are flocking to the only wealthy and industrialised nation on the entire planet without universal healthcare for the purposes of getting free healthcare.

They can easily get free healthcare because an emergency room can't turn a person in need of care away. Illegals use false ids and even social security numbers so its not like you can track them down and bill/take legal action against them at any point. There are plenty of services that can provide picture ids with whatever name the person wants to give. Since they're illegal, they're working under the table and neither they nor their employer are paying state nor federal income taxes. Basically you have an underground economy that takes from a system that it doesn't put money back into. Helping people is nice and dandy, but eventually a system gets to a point where it can't afford to take care of people that worked and paid their taxes because people who broke the law took advantage of a broken system.

Any plan Obama or McCain puts forward to grant illegal aliens some "path to citizenship" isn't going to come close to solving the problem. People who have been in the U.S. illegally for some time know how to use the system. Does anybody honestly think somebody is going to come forward and start paying taxes when they've been living without giving up this income for years?

Think of it like this, would you expect people to start paying for their music downloads when they know they can go on and get the same songs for free doing what they've been doing for years?

Any plan Obama or McCain puts forward to grant illegal aliens some "path to citizenship" isn't going to come close to solving the problem. People who have been in the U.S. illegally for some time know how to use the system. Does anybody honestly think somebody is going to come forward and start paying taxes when they've been living without giving up this income for years?

Think of it like this, would you expect people to start paying for their music downloads when they know they can go on and get the same songs for free doing what they've been doing for years?

Well worry about those later, might as well start with the people who DO want to become citizens.

So if the patient needed emergency care but they knew he was illegal, than he wouldn't get treated?

And if what you say does happens and is the truth, than the ones that are getting screwed for not having free healthcare are the tax paying Americans.

So if the patient needed emergency care but they knew he was illegal, than he wouldn't get treated?

And if what you say does happens and is the truth, than the ones that are getting screwed for not having free healthcare are the tax paying Americans.

They wouldn't get turned away, they'd be treated until they became stable and then possibly transfered to a non-emergency hospital. Thats why many tax paying citizens are upset, they are worried when they see studies which estimate how much certain states are paying annually for various services for illegals.

Ah yes, because nationalism is a wonderful idea we should all aspire to. Being excessively proud of your country even when it is doing terrible things in the world? Great idea. As for the media comment, have you heard of Fox News?

They can easily get free healthcare because an emergency room can't turn a person in need of care away. I

They can, they will and they do if there is not a profit to be had. America is the only place in the Western world without free universal healthcare. It's healthcare is based on the amount of cash one has, not the amount of help one needs.

Sarah Palin - Censoring books and her previous Church

I love how her previous church believe that gay people want laws changed to accomodate them because they feel guilty about the lifestyle they lead. :heh: How about go fuck yourself.

Man, this woman just keeps getting better and better.

Ahahahah, Palin VS Gays, i'l be following this story with interest.

Maybe America will make something to stop gays in the ENTIRE WORLD? She would get killed the next day xD

Never put Religion in Politics, kids...

Radiohead - In Rainbows.

People had the choice of downloading it free, but they still grossed more than all their other albums online put together.

Why do I keep mentioning Radiohead recently.

Ahahahah, Palin VS Gays, i'l be following this story with interest.

I think it's more of a case of "Palin vs Rational World".

:blank:

Tina Fey as Sarah Palin - Sums up Sarah Palin Completely.

Clinton - "I believe Global warming is caused by man"

Palin - "And I believe it's just God, Huggin' us closer!"

Clinton - "I don't agree with the Bush doctrine"

Palin - "[Nervous laughs]..and I don't even know what that is"