NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Emasher

High School

So, I'll be starting high school on wednesday this week, Though I'm actually in Grade 10, my area is weird having grad 9 in the junior high. I'm wondering what everyone's experiences from high school are. Did you like it? Did it suck for you? Did anything epic happen? Did you get hazed constantly? I'm just wondering more of what to expect.

Hazed? it was like um, learning more of what you like i guess, it was the same as year 9 but people were abit taller and not so, immature i guess...

You'll be fine. You hear a lot of horror stories but everyone's pretty much in the same boat. The bullies only really start coming out of the woodwork until second year.

They say school years are the best of your life, I would tend to disagree somewhat. I was bullied by just about everyone in my year, everyone knew my name, my sister even got a bit of grief for being related to me :/ Scabies was their favourite insult.. Sad times.

/bitterness

Schoolwork was all right. But then Emasher is from canada, so I have no idea what its like there.

My advice is watch American Pie and act like those guys. If I know Canadians, and I know Canadians, you'll fit right in.

Y'wot?? How old are you? :p

Say that all again in English please. :wink:

I'm starting High school this week and I'm wondering what people's experiences were with it. I just want to know what to expect. Was my first post that hard to understand?

There was no hazing where I went. I guess we didn't know what hazing was when we were 13

I'm not too sure its that different here. I find school work pretty easy in general, so I'm not to worried about that.

I'm not too sure its that different here. I find school work pretty easy in general, so I'm not to worried about that.

Well we start at 11/12 and go on til 16 (then optional A levels 16-18), so I imagine the level of work will be different...

I suppose you stay on til 18, ne?

I'm starting High school this week and I'm wondering what people's experiences were with it. I just want to know what to expect. Was my first post that hard to understand?

Sorry, just kidding. Didn't really know what hazing was.

It's just like starting anywhere new. I was really quiet when I started and everyone was scared of me. :heh:

Education wise, You take Grade 9 This is usually at about 14, and then grades 10, 11, and 12. You need 30 credits to graduate by the end of grade 12 and there are some compulsory credits.

But I was more wondering about the social aspect of High School, not educational.

Sorry, just kidding. Didn't really know what hazing was.

It's just like starting anywhere new. I was really quiet when I started and everyone was scared of me. :heh:

From my understanding, Hazing is when the older students beat up on the younger students. I would imagine this doesn't really change that much based on country, so I would imagine most people here would actually know a bit about it.

Well i spose it's the same as anything, people change, relationships happen and then they don't and so forth. It's just not really anything special i spose, the real fun happens in years 12 and 13 :D

They say school years are the best of your life, I would tend to disagree somewhat. I was bullied by just about everyone in my year, everyone knew my name, my sister even got a bit of grief for being related to me :/ Scabies was their favourite insult.. Sad times.

/bitterness

Schoolwork was all right. But then Emasher is from canada, so I have no idea what its like there.

I feel i was lucky, most people were great at ou school. All our year knew each other and were frendly. Even the 'Bofs' hung around with the cool peoples.

I liked shool, especially the new friends i made.

From my understanding, Hazing is when the older students beat up on the younger students. I would imagine this doesn't really change that much based on country, so I would imagine most people here would actually know a bit about it.

Fair enough. Like I said though, people were scared of me. I was the tallest kid there which helped.

I feel i was lucky, most people were great at ou school. All our year knew each other and were frendly. Even the 'Bofs' hung around with the cool peoples.

I liked shool, especially the new friends i made.

yeah i know what you mean, by 4th/5th year everyone seemed to be pretty close.

I was isolated a lot because people were scared of my skin condition. I talked about it for my GCSE English speaking exam in 5th year, explained it and let people ask questions. It seemed to break the ice a little, but a lot of people were still very nasty and/or scared of me!

And I got a good mark in my English speaking exam, without having to revise a stupid subject I didn't like :D Winner.

I was isolated a lot because people were scared of my skin condition. I talked about it for my GCSE English speaking exam in 5th year, explained it and let people ask questions. It seemed to break the ice a little, but a lot of people were still very nasty and/or scared of me!

Wow. A lot of people sound like socially backwards cocks to me.

So you are going into Year 12? (in English terms)

The work for me got much much harder, as reflected by the results. I miss Year 9 that was the most fun year as it was so pointless. :)

But I suppose there is hazing (only just heard that phrase now I'm using it like a Pr0! :p) in my school I just stayed out of it. No one bothers to do anything to me as I do not react.

As for friends. I didn't gain more or lose any, it's a small school so I guess I know everyone in my year I just don't speak much!

yeah i know what you mean, by 4th/5th year everyone seemed to be pretty close.

And I got a good mark in my English speaking exam, without having to revise a stupid subject I didn't like :D Winner.

They werent scared.. They were pricks..

They werent scared.. They were pricks..

Yeah well some people in this country can be very horrible... They all attacked me with insults one day in 5th year (you'd think they'd have grown up by then??) and I actually broke down.

I was "that kid" who got picked on by everyone, I think it was a fun game for them tbh!

But I don't let it get me down, I'm a far more fucking superior person to them, that's for sure =) :yay:

Yeah well some people in this country can be very horrible... They all attacked me with insults one day in 5th year (you'd think they'd have grown up by then??) and I actually broke down.

I was "that kid" who got picked on by everyone, I think it was a fun game for them tbh!

But I don't let it get me down, I'm a far more fucking superior person to them, that's for sure =) :yay:

Your the bigger person =]

There was a guy in our school a lot of people picked on, but then he was genuinely a dick.

One time he phoned my mates house phone and left a message saying something like 'you fucking cunt stay the fuck out of my life and stop talking to my fucking cousin you fucking arsehole'. My mates mum picked it up :/

He was only speaking to the cousin on msn because someone gave him their MSN address as they were going somewhere together or something.

I laughed.

Sign in to follow this