NEurope
Dan_Dare

Left 4 Dead: A Thread For Suvivalists

Note: If you're buying the PC version, please have a bloody headset. This game really needs proper co-operation.

Although I've bought the game over Steam, I'll be unable to actually play it until I get back online.

I want it noooooooooow, I waaant it noooooooowwwwwwwwwwww..

give me your heart and your soul? :heh:

[/Muse reference]

Note: If you're buying the PC version, please have a bloody headset. This game really needs proper co-operation.

Agreed, I don't have one, and having to type is a pain in the arse in this game. Where can I get a decent (but reasonably priced) one from?

Oh, and this game is awesome! Although there were big performance issues when i first played it, but that was solved by changing the memory pool option to medium.

I use a 360 Crossfire and a Wireless 360 headset... But errr, Creative headsets are usually pretty decent. I actually detest when you have the games sound and voice chat running through the same speakers though.

At work atm so can't check but how much is this on steam? Kinda tempted to get back into my PC shooters.

Downloading the demo on the 360 now. Wasn't up like 30mins ago so had a short run on GHWT (*grumble* something about Van Halen sucking */grumble*). My internets being slow though so will be ages before I can play it.

Edit: Ok, got it downloaded and gave it a shot. It's alright but nothing that'd make me play for hours. But then that was just the single player. I haven't tried it on the online co-op but I'm sure it'll be better on there. Probably won't pick it up myself as I know for sure that I'll either never be able to find anyone to play with on it or find any of my friends playing it, and it's really the co-op that's making the game look good.

The online co-op on this thing is absolutely god damn superb. Shooting it up with my flatmate's, Dyson dropped in halfway to lend us a hand, without so much as a minor break in the game play. I mean he literally took control in the middle of a firefight and we carried on regardless. The controls are just perfect for a console shooter too.

Haha it was insane. I then went ahead and played it again in splitscreen and, whilst good, it does seem as if there's only so much zombie killing you can do before it gets samey.

Also I'm worried about the longevity of the game. Am I right or wrong in thinking that there's 5 chapters and we have already played through 2? Those 2 don't take too long either.

The game itself was smooth, fun and very atmospheric. Love the AI composer, works really well. Will be playing again later, would love to get some more 4 player co-op going, and will try it on PC later as well.

There's four campaigns at the moment. You played 2 missions (out of 5) from the first campaign. It's not a long game really, there should be more replay value in the full game though. The demo is quite limited, the maps are linear and there are weapons missing (i think).

I'm just imagining how great a vampire-based sequel could be now :p I WANT IT!

I want it noooooooooow, I waaant it noooooooowwwwwwwwwwww..

give me your heart and your soul? :heh:

[/Muse reference]

:bowdown:

Hmm so this game is worth getting then? if so I'll pick it up further down the line as this month is expensive enough atm :/

My wallet is feeling my faith (and money) erooooooooode. :heh:

Nearly finishing downloading the demo on the Xbox.

Time for some long overdue zombie action :D

Just finished and play my first game it went pretty fast (was playing on normal) with little difficulties, except when I turned around to find 20 zombies behind me, which was when Mr.Pipebomb came in handy.

Awesome game, don´t hesitate to throw me an invite if you need an extra guy.

Word of advice - crank this up to the highest difficulty setting. A prosaic but sublime zombie infested shooter is suddenly transformed into a helter-skelter flee for survival. It definitly needs some humans too - it demand the co-operative play and the seamless dropping in and out combined with the pressing issue of survival being totally dependent on each other should produce many willing online Samaritans.

It really was. Considering that's only two levels of the twenty in the final game I can see it lasting ages if we were to play it on Expert as we were there :heh:

Played, Loved it. I urge all to DL the demo and play. Even a generic PC should be able to run it if you don't have a 360 or XBL.

Anyone that does try the PC version give a shout and we can play together.

It really was. Considering that's only two levels of the twenty in the final game I can see it lasting ages if we were to play it on Expert as we were there :heh:

here's the really cool bit: I've played the demo about ten times now because the director feature randomises pretty much everythingin the level so re play value is huuuuuuuuuge.

I cannot wait for this.

hmmm.. read somewhere that you can play as a .... undead.. might pick this up just for that

yeah that's vs mode. 4 players as survivors, 4 as 'boss' infected trying to stop them. sounds quality.

hmmm.. read somewhere that you can play as a .... undead.. might pick this up just for that

That is true, you can play as the undead.

Just played 4 player with my regs.

OK any game that lets me scream 'They're coming out the vents! THEY'RE IN THE WALLS!' is pretty much GOTY material.

Yup, despite my wailing yesterday I've fallen in love with this game after last night's PC extravaganza with thunderer and Hellfire. It was fucking awesome. In fact I think me and Thunderer are gonna have a blat on it right now :heh:

PS. IMHO, the PC version is miles better than the 360 version..just sayin'. :heh:

Yup, despite my wailing yesterday I've fallen in love with this game after last night's PC extravaganza with thunderer and Hellfire. It was fucking awesome. In fact I think me and Thunderer are gonna have a blat on it right now :heh:

PS. IMHO, the PC version is miles better than the 360 version..just sayin'. :heh:

Who exactly is thunderer btw?