N-Europe

Australia suffering 'man drought'

Dante

It's strange. Living where I live, I have meet loads, and I mean LOADS, of Aussie females yet never any men. Seems strange, by the figures there. Not complaining. Nice to get a different accent when trying order a coffee (seriously, between polish and australians they are managing to keep the coffee shops open between them as they always seems to be behind the counter when I go into a coffee shop).

I've thought of leaving Scotland for Australia. One day I may do it, once I'm finished with my education. I prefer the sun to the black rain clouds.

their politics, isolationism and a national obsession with sports.

And the weather. Scorching. Skin Cancer abound. Not what us Britons are used to or adapted to.

And the creatures. I'm no spider fan. But having a tarantula staying in your room whilst you're asleep... the thought is terrufying for arachnophobes.

Other than that, good country.

And the weather. Scorching. Skin Cancer abound. Not what us Britons are used to or adapted to.

And the creatures. I'm no spider fan. But having a tarantula staying in your room whilst you're asleep... the thought is terrufying for arachnophobes.

Other than that, good country.

I was thinking the same thing. I could really never live there, but a short trip would be great. To bad its so far away.

This is why the news annoys me these days.

What the actual news is:

There are more women in Australia's cities. There are more men in Australia's country.

What this article seems to want to mislead people to believe:

Australia is having a major shortage of men.

Look at the stats for Australia:

at birth: 1.05 male(s)/female

under 15 years: 1.05 male(s)/female

15-64 years: 1.02 male(s)/female

65 years and over: 0.8 male(s)/female

total population: 0.99 male(s)/female (2008 est.)

More men in Australia between the ages of 0 to 64. Those stats are fairly similar to ours.