N-Europe

Kate Moss in solid Gold

EEVILMURRAY

a shit artist will make shit art, no matter the form. it's true of modern art now as much as it was about the ancien greeks who made hack vase work.

What about Piet Modrian's composotions? Do you consider them good art?

I like art that actually takes skill. This statue will take skill to make but it's of Kate Moss.

art can be anything, man. Don't be so narrow minded about it.

Quoted for truth.

The people criticising it for showing that we worship her, try not thinking of her as some godly being, yourselves. She is the life model for this sculpture, get over it. She has very dramatic features, which are attractive to both look at and to draw/interpret.

You wouldn't be complaining if it was a "non-entity" being portrayed. Allthough I've not seen it, it seems to be a piece that would fit into a similar social commentary-esque style of Andy Warhol. As in, documenting the relationship between celebrities and the general public. Dunno.

What about Piet Modrian's composotions? Do you consider them good art?

I like art that actually takes skill. This statue will take skill to make but it's of Kate Moss.

Please, get off your high horse, then kill it.

You discount it because of the woman it's portraying? It's not like it's of her putting on eyeliner or whatever she promotes in the Rimmel adverts.

And Mondrian can rock. When you think about the context etc. Plus not al art needs to have some earth-shattering psychological tale behind it. It can just be nice to look at.

Please, get off your high horse, then kill it.

You discount it because of the woman it's portraying? It's not like it's of her putting on eyeliner or whatever she promotes in the Rimmel adverts.

How exactly am I on a high horse? Art is supposed to make you think. Why would we want to think of some junkie?

And she isn't attractive at all.

i'm not familar with the name i'm afraid. what's the gist?

300px-Mondrian_CompRYB.jpg

isn't it obvious? It's just a comment on celebrity culture. If it wasn't Kate moss, it would be some other limelight figure. who is barely important- it's the media profile she carries that the sculpture is clearly commenting on.

keep up...

*nods*

:bowdown:

How come you're so solid gold?

(Such a fitting comment)

isn't it obvious? It's just a comment on celebrity culture. If it wasn't Kate moss, it would be some other limelight figure. who is barely important- it's the media profile she carries that the sculpture is clearly commenting on.

keep up...

But why should somebody like her even be as big a celebrity as she is?

(I know that's not to do with the art just the celebrity culture in general)

Well I suppose I am using this art piece to take it out on. But it does epitomise what is wrong with our celebrity culture.

*clap*

Finally. Unless you already knew that, and just acted like you didn't. I mentioned it earlier, it's like the famous screen-print portraits by Andy Warhol (my interpretation I drew for my coursework last year), although slightly different, in that he was obsessed with them himself too.

*clap*

Finally. Unless you already knew that, and just acted like you didn't. I mentioned it earlier, it's like the famous screen-print portraits by Andy Warhol (my interpretation I drew for my coursework last year), although slightly different, in that he was obsessed with them himself too.

Yeah I knew that.

I missed the thing you said earlier. I didn't read anything past the high horse bit.