N-Europe

Heavy Rain

Daft

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got to say, knowing that when your character dies, they stay dead really does amp up the tension in this game.

Tell me about it, it's bloody awesome!

they throw quite a lot of QTEs at you in a row, you really have to be on your toes/fingers. Winning that fight when in control of Shelby felt awesome. Quite a surge feeling.

Based on the evidence I've seen so far, I've narrowed the killer down to 2 suspects:

downloadblog.jpeg

Name: Unknown

Alias: The Child Catcher

Last Known Location: Vulgaria

Previous Convictions: Kidnapping, False Enprisonment, Indecent Exposure, Tax Fraud.

Origami Skills: Unknown

Pied-piper-3.jpg

Alias: The Pied Piper

Last Known Loacation: Hamelin

Previous Convictions: Kidnapping, Suspected Murder (Victims Never Found), Pest Control Without a Licence, Illegal Street Performing.

Not really sure if this needs to be in a spoiler or not but I guess I will. Its basically a comment on a scene, just not one really relevant to the killer story:

Just had the "sex" scene and the kissing is hilarious in this game! Its just like watching two people rub faces with their mouths open

Based on the evidence I've seen so far, I've narrowed the killer down to 2 suspects:

downloadblog.jpeg

Alias: The Child Catcher

Last Known Location: Vulgaria

Previous Convictions: Kidnapping, False Enprisonment, Indecent Exposure, Tax Fraud.

Pied-piper-3.jpg

Alias: The Pied Piper

Last Known Loacation: Hamelin

Previous Convictions: Kidnapping, Suspected Murder (Victims Never Found), Pest Control Without a Licence, Illegal Street Performing.

Sounds like youre fairly far into it atm, I'm not, so could you answer this please:

When youre the father and youre being asked questions, the bit where you identify the animal xrays, I fear I may have chosen the wrong option when he asks if there are any other problems. It flashes up with 'schizophrenia' 'no' and something else. I tried to say 'schizophrenia' but because you have to make these choices quickly, and because the 'schizophrenia' option was shaking around, I accidentally pressed 'no' i.e there's nothing wrong.

When I pressed that I swore, then the scene made it pretty obvious it was a key decision (I think). If I had schiz i would definitely tell a doctor so it's bloody annoying.

My main worry is that after playing with Shaun/Sean in the playground you get a schiz attack and afterwards you run around to find Shaun has disappeared (presumably taken by the killer, has got lost, or is dead - dont tell me which though) so I'd just like to know if you lose the boy even if you admit to having problems. I could feel the father's pain because now he's responsible for both of their deaths.

Sounds like youre fairly far into it atm, I'm not, so could you answer this please:

When youre the father and youre being asked questions, the bit where you identify the animal xrays, I fear I may have chosen the wrong option when he asks if there are any other problems. It flashes up with 'schizophrenia' 'no' and something else. I tried to say 'schizophrenia' but because you have to make these choices quickly, and because the 'schizophrenia' option was shaking around, I accidentally pressed 'no' i.e there's nothing wrong.

When I pressed that I swore, then the scene made it pretty obvious it was a key decision (I think). If I had schiz i would definitely tell a doctor so it's bloody annoying.

My main worry is that after playing with Shaun/Sean in the playground you get a schiz attack and afterwards you run around to find Shaun has disappeared (presumably taken by the killer, has got lost, or is dead - dont tell me which though) so I'd just like to know if you lose the boy even if you admit to having problems. I could feel the father's pain because now he's responsible for both of their deaths.

I'm not that far into it at all. If you open my spoiler tags, you'll see what I mean! (they're not spoilers at all)

Ah, sweet collector's edition. :p

It's really a great game, and unlike anything outthere (bar Fahrenheit, obviously). Actually , a national paper ran an article about it, claming it's 'the Citizen Kane of videogames, and possibly the best game ever'.

Now, while it's a good game, I wouldn't go that far, but it's hard not to deny it's qualities. Now, as for that walking...

I'm not that far into it yet, and haven't got any leads. Well, one, but that's too obvious.

Let it rain.

Man, the walking is not a problem, in my opinion it suits the game and is better than just moving the analogue. Other than the first quarter of scene 1 I've been fine with it.

Only technical lapses have been a tiny bit of slowdown in the cutscenes, nothing wrong with the actual gameplay parts.

And forgot to mention, the graphics when you control the chunky detective for the first time are incredible. It pretty much all is to be fair - plus the game does have the best rain effect I've seen in a game.

Man, the walking is not a problem, in my opinion it suits the game and is better than just moving the analogue. Other than the first quarter of scene 1 I've been fine with it.

Its still dodgy. When the character walks like a robot when you control him but normally all other times its just not right. Also the controls spazzed out on me during a pretty important chase scene during the game, only just made it through but I was really lucky.

Im really warming up to the game now that ive come to terms with the needlessly ''innovative'' control scheme.

Luckily the controls take a back seat to some amazing story progression and visual presentation. Love the 4 main protagonists as well, even though I initially didnt like the starting character.

A Mature-rated game thats really is mature? Color me impressed

Played about an hour of this. Walking around isn't a problem at all, in fact I like being able to point the character's head.

I LOVED the first quicktime fight. This is how quicktime should be done, seamlessly. Tense stuff and in no way frustrating.