NEurope
khilafah

FIFA 09

Fuck it, I'm going to buy it. I'll tell you what it's like, being a Pro Evo obsessive!!

Any updated impressions on this? I went to buy it but it was £35; so I'll buy it online; but Ive heard that you can't decide to pass it low or high which is just shit; so still wanna hear some thoughts about it.

Another review here http://www.videogamer.com/wii/fifa_09/review.html

9/10. Great score again!! But theres aspects which sound a bit iffy!! Namely the controls!

I'm thinking of getting this too, I wonder whether it'd be worth the purchase. I haven't had a football game on any console since Fifa 03 on the PS2.

I never got a chance to play FIFA 08 (on any console, never mind the Wii) but I have played FIFA 09 briefly on the PS3 with my brother and, from what I have played, it is pretty great :smile:

It is unfortunate that the Wii version would be missing a lot of what makes the PS3 game fun to play, but when I was playing it my experience with Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 on the Wii had me itching to play the 'Next-Gen' FIFA 09 with my Wii Remote.. however, I don't feel like the Wii version would satisfy me unfortunately so I plan to wait on PES 2009..

With FIFA on the Wii, I would definitely want to try before I would buy..

I played the PS3 version too. It was pretty great on that especially with Multiplayer, I just found it hard to control the players on my first game though.

Okay, so I finally bought this game. And well......it's not very good. It feels very, very lazy. The graphics are awful, the AI is shit, it's very arcadey, the controls are pretty dodgy (can't decide HOW to pass)...it's all a bit of a bad version of Pro Evo.

Saying this, it's still very fun to play (though I just enjoy playing any football game I think) and having all the leagues and squads is very appealing and online works well. I think I'm going to keep it because a few of my friends are getting it and we'll be playing online so that'll be worth it; though I just wish Pro Evo 09 was coming out before xmas :(

On a side note, how stupid are Konami for releasing Pro Evo next Spring? I understand they have just released 08, but releasing it in 09 means they have about 3 months were their game is actually uptodate!!! How fucking ridiculous is that? It will get released, 3 mnths later teams will get relegated and promoted and squads will change!! Just stupid!!!

Well, as much as I am looking forward to PES 2009, I think it would have been a much better idea to hold out and make PES 2010 instead to release along with the other versions next autumn.. the extra few months of development time could help create an even greater football experience!

As for FIFA 2009, the PS2 version was very dodgy when I tried it at the weekend.. there is something really wrong with the animation in that game, the players are so jerky! However, the PS3 version is pretty good :smile:

Not really at all interested in buying it for the Wii though.. it'll be Pro Evo again in the spring :heh:

Okay, so, played this more. And...well...its terrible. I can't play it anymore so I'm taking it back. This game is absolute dogshit of the highest order. It's so unbelievably bad, the laziest, shittest game I've played on the Wii. And I've played GT Pro!!

What are EA thinking with this game? It's been getting good reviews too, truly baffling!!! I really thought EA were making an effort on the Wii, and on the whole they are, but this is a huge let down!! So frustrating.

Don't get it, don't play....

After reviewing the DS version this week HERE and loving FIFA 08 on Wii (and currently thinking 09 is immense on the PS3,) I suddenly found myself having high expectations for the Wii version.

After a previous blunder on EA's behalf, I shall finally be getting my hands on FIFA for Wii sometime this week and a full, brutally honest review shall be set free for all of the internet to see.

I look forward to seeing you there! : peace:

After reviewing the DS version this week HERE and loving FIFA 08 on Wii (and currently thinking 09 is immense on the PS3,) I suddenly found myself having high expectations for the Wii version.

After a previous blunder on EA's behalf, I shall finally be getting my hands on FIFA for Wii sometime this week and a full, brutally honest review shall be set free for all of the internet to see.

I look forward to seeing you there! : peace:

Ha! Looking forward to your verdict :)

Okay, so I finally bought this game. And well......it's not very good. It feels very, very lazy. The graphics are awful, the AI is shit, it's very arcadey, the controls are pretty dodgy (can't decide HOW to pass)...it's all a bit of a bad version of Pro Evo.

Okay, so, played this more. And...well...its terrible. I can't play it anymore so I'm taking it back. This game is absolute dogshit of the highest order. It's so unbelievably bad, the laziest, shittest game I've played on the Wii. And I've played GT Pro!!

What are EA thinking with this game? It's been getting good reviews too, truly baffling!!! I really thought EA were making an effort on the Wii, and on the whole they are, but this is a huge let down!! So frustrating.

Blimey! It's as bad as I feared then. It's a real shame. I don't understand it - EA seem to be quite happy giving Wii FIFA fans a chopped down, stripped out version of the PS2 game. Now I know the Wii cannot match the 360 for graphical oomph, but I'm pretty sure they could do much, much more with the Wii than what they have so far. It's not some two-bit outfit we're talking about. It's EA, one of, if not the biggest publisher in the games industry today. It's a powerhouse. They should be delivering quality on Wii to match Nintendo's own output. The markets there for the taking, but as long as they're content to deliver poor ports, I'll shop elsewhere thanks.

I knew something was up. No previews, no decent reviews for ages (arguably still none even now). Tells it's own story does that. Still, thanks for the heads up Dazzy. I would have honestly bought this if it was any good, but I've read too much of these types of comments now. Spring it is then, and PES2009.

Blimey! It's as bad as I feared then.

You're taking one person's word for that, though. Plus, others have said that it wasn't the best in the world, but pretty decent.

I think a lot of people are outwardly looking for this to be shit.

You're taking one person's word for that, though. Plus, others have said that it wasn't the best in the world, but pretty decent.

Yeah but it's MY word :)

And I wasn't looking for it to be shit, I wanted it to be amazing, I love football games and I wanted it on the Wii; I could have gotten it on the PS3/360 which have been lauded as amazing games; but I still got the Wii version just hoping ti to be good, as good as pro evo would have done me. But no, it's that bad; and Tesco wouldn't let me take it back either, so I'm stuck with it. It's that bad!!

The only way this game would appear good is if you haven't played Pro Evo Wii; and the controls may appear great. But after Pro Evo Wii, frankly no other football game feels that good. Even the "amazing" fifa/pro evo on the next gen machines feel dated and limiting!

The 8v8 is pretty good fun though I'll give it that and the online is solid too.

The main thing that ruins it, is that you can't decide how to pass (low or high) and the AI on it deciding is so bad you give the ball away ALL THE TIME!!!! Too frustrating!

My flatmate bought this last night and I'm really enjoyng it so far. The Footii section is a great addition and it a refreshing change to the main game, mainly because it's quicker.

Still enjoying the main game though and can't wait to sink my teeth into a season, crawling my way up from League Two to the Premiership. So I guess not everyone hates it. Though this is the first FIFA game I've played since FIFA '99 on the N64, so I might not be the best judge of it, but hell I'm enjoying it and thats all it needs to do.

The control's really could be better though.

There's probably some truth to this. It is in my case at least, I won't deny it, but only because it just looked to me as though EA have done nothing to improve the FIFA gameplay on Wii. I bought FIFA08 at launch on Wii and thought it an OK game, but there was obviously room for much improvement. Improvement that I honestly thought EA would implement this year. I played 08 an awful lot, and just felt that long term it was barely a demo for Wii. There were no modes really for the solo player to enjoy, just League games over and over. The mini games are basically like free Flash games, and do not make up for the lack of decent long term modes like the Be A Pro or Manager modes. To be fair, PES 2008 suffers a bit with this too (Champions Road isn't good enough long term really, we need Master League back), but because the gameplay is so deep and varied, the learning curve is longer and more rewarding. It's not perfect, don't get me wrong, but it's an amazing attempt at updating PES for the new controls, and to me after spending time exploring it you realise the Wii controls aren't to be sniffed at.

FIFA 08 was brilliant right up until PES came out, where it was just completely exposed. Without competition from Konami, I wouldn't be complaining. As it is, EA have much to do to bring FIFA Wii up to scratch. Stealing some control aspects of Wii PES, and adding yet more mini games does not warrant a purchase for me. For FIFA fans there is simply no point to the Wii iteration. You're better off with either the 360, PS3, or even the PS2 version as far as I can see. Just my opinion.

To be fair the manager mode in Fifa 09 is very comprehensive and looks great; and if you play with the classic controller it's more playable; but still not even close to touching Pro Evo.

If you havent played many football games then Fifa 09 Wii will probably play really well; but you sound like someone who plays alot of football games, so I would say stick with Pro Evo and wait for the amazing looking sequel

If there isn't it's going to be sold tomorrow.

Aren't most footballers in there 20's? So not likely to grow any more :heh:

Any need for two threads complaining about this?

I just need to make sure

If there isn't it's going to be sold tomorrow.

Perhaps you need to register your displeasure with the product at EA's very own forums.

Be very careful how you word it though , otherwise they may try and ban your forum privileges , as well as your ability to play the game online :shakehead