NEurope
Karl619

Forum visiting behaviour!

Okay! I rarely post on this forum! But I'm one of these phantoms who just lurk in the shadows and reads the majority of threads on the front page, yet never I seem bothered to post! This is half the time due to me forgetting my password....or entering the wrong one 5 times lol

Anyhoo.. what im wondering is this.... what are your forum viewing habbits? Do you just look at your favourite threads and then leave, are you the type of person who responds to everything resulting in a post count in the

100,000's or are you like me -a spectator who just watches from the sidelines. Also , do you come on the forum at a certain time of day, like after work to de-stress etc? Do you like using the forum whilst sat naked with a picture of Pamela Anderson by you side whilst drinking Budweiser?

I hope you dont see this as a boring geeky first thread to make, but it might be interesting to see what people's habbits are and then we can make fun of their obsession of n-europe.com !

This is a pretty awesome thread, dude. Well done. Also, hello! *big wave*

I think I visit certain threads more than others. Definitely any thread football related, and usually music related. Other than that, I systematically work my way down the page until each thread is visited. Kinda a habit I got during my mod/admin days, as a way to check every thread was legit.

Sometimes, I even look at the poster who posted the thread, because you can usually expect certain threads to be awesome when they're posted by particular people.

I'm working a lot of the time now, so I pretty much stay on here until the very early morning, logging onto here about 10pm-ish. I've got my beautiful guitar next to me at all times, so I'm strumming away whilst viewing the awesome threads.

I usually frequent these grounds in the evening, when te population is at the highest. That said, I do sometimes visit during daytime if I'm bored. And I only post in threads in which I hae sufficient knowledge to debate or comment in. For example, I'm intrigued by religion, and am very experienced in it, and so would dive in to a religion topic. On the contrary, if it was a subject I was inexperienced in and only had limited knowledge in like the drugs thread, I'd steer well clear.

Tabbed browsing is awesome - I open a tab with Forum News/Issues, General Chit Chat, Wii Discussion, Handheld Discussion, Other Consoles and the Bargains subforums. I then go through each tab, and middle click on each thread I want to read - or rather, the little blue button next to the name of the thread I care about.

In Gen Chit Chat, this normally means I have about 15 tabs to go through, usually none in wii or handheld, loads in other consoles and a few in bargains board.

Recently however I have started using the "New Posts" feature at the top of the forum - it's really handy, and I suggest more people use it : peace:

As for when I visit, whenever I'm about to sit down to my PC for a while. Usually in the evenings and when I wake up. It is one of my three homepages, however, so I nearly always end up here when my browser is open :D

I'm always online and NE whatever time of day! :grin: (unless at school or the rare occasion that I'm out :heh:) and I use the new posts button to see what threads have been posted in, Then click on the ones that interest me and I will post in. :D

Then I click on the ones that interest me but I don't have enough knowledge to reply to it like the art thread thingy! the one Oxigen made. :p

and considering my post count is over 4000 I post in almost all the threads though there are some I will look at straight away like How was your day?

I pretty much reply straight away to someone unless I forget! or I'm in the middle of typing and firefox freezes. >___<

To be honest most threads interest me an I read all most all of them! (unless one slips me by)

But I still only post if i think I have something to say. :) Like tonight I haven't posted as much as last night as I haven't had as much to say today, but that could again change tomorrow!

but if I'm in I'm online and looking at KNEE because it's awesome! :awesome:

Tabbed browsing is awesome - I open a tab with Forum News/Issues, General Chit Chat, Wii Discussion, Handheld Discussion, Other Consoles and the Bargains subforums. I then go through each tab, and middle click on each thread I want to read - or rather, the little blue button next to the name of the thread I care about.

This mostly.

I'll have to try that new post thing! For me its weird, I feel like a voyeur. I just come on here for some light relief, i'm really familiar with all the main faces who post on here, even know users quirks and things yet i've rarely engaged in discussion with them. I feel a bit like a curtain twitcher really!

I'll have to try that new post thing! For me its weird, I feel like a voyeur, I just come on here for some light relief, i'm really familiar with all the main faces who post on here, even know users quirks and things yet i've rarely engaged in discussion with them, I feel a bit like a curtain twitcher really! lol

You have the same name as me.

macnichol.jpg

"This troubles me.

I'm troubled, your honour. May i take a moment?

. . . ."

I'll have to try that new post thing! For me its weird, I feel like a voyeur. I just come on here for some light relief, i'm really familiar with all the main faces who post on here, even know users quirks and things yet i've rarely engaged in discussion with them. I feel a bit like a curtain twitcher really!

So you already know I'm the guy to be friends with, then : peace: :heh:

I tend to read most of the threads in gen chat and other consoles. Then, as appropriate I work through a check list:

-Tell Dyson his Geometry Wars score is rubbish and he plays like a girl

- think of a stupid theme for the picture thread and post something humiliating

- stray in to a thread vaguely political/philosophical/opinionated and insult everyone

- pwn noobs with my authroitah powers.

- bitch about you lot behind your backs in the staff section and spread gossip.

On here every day, on and off most the day, usually stick to general chat, just post in anything I like the look of, avoid sporting threads as sports suck.

I'll use Dyson's post as a template.

Tabbed browsing is awesome - I open a tab with General Chit Chat, Wii Discussion, Handheld Discussion, Other Consoles and the Tech subforums. I then go through each tab, and middle click on each thread I want to read - or rather, the little blue button next to the name of the thread I care about.

I usually only read the stuff I'm interested about, normally these are political, philosophical, funny or convoluted threads, along with the forum's classics such as User image gallery. But occasionally a thread title or the right creator can cause curiosity.

I also never post in a birthday thread as they are rather common and I don't really know most of you so congratulating some and not others feels unfair.

I'm on most of the time, I just leave a tab open check once in a while.

I, too, follow a routine. I pretty much live in Gen Chit Chat and Other Consoles however. I do the following.

• Log on, dreading the Other Consoles forum in case Geo Wars 2 is bolded with a Last Post by Dan Dare.
  • Check "How Was Your Day?"
  • Check "Post Your Purchases"
  • Look for current active threads and new ones that interest me
  • Very briefly look through Wii/Handheld discussions, close tabs pretty much straight away
  • Spend some time in Other Consoles, never hoping to see the Geometry Wars 2 thread bolded
  • If necessary, listen to Dan Dare tell me my scores are rubbish and that I play like a girl in the Geometry Wars 2 thread. Retaliate, and beat said scores.
  • Rinse and repeat..

strangely enough I never go in to the nintendo stuff. I don't even get here through the main site. I've just been here ages and it's the community I call 'home' on the internet.

strangely enough I never go in to the nintendo stuff. I don't even get here through the main site. I've just been here ages and it's the community I call 'home' on the internet.

Likewise - I do have an RSS feed of N-Europe but it's slow at updating and in fact, it's currently down I believe. I used to enter through the Forum button on the front page but now I have the forum index as one of my homepage tabs so I don't need to. As for the Nintendo parts of this I only go in there if it's about a game that interests me, one I'm buying or one I own. Cannot be bothered to get in to fanboy discussions in there now though.

According to Firefox, the N-E index page is my most visited internet site, followed by General Chit Chat, followed by Facebook. Awesome.

I don't own any current Nintendo hardware so it'd be hugely pointless.

besides- who gives a shit? I have Geometry Wars! :D

Its simple, i go to the Wii Forums first, i see every new thread, if i have something stupid/interesting(for me) or a question to say/ask/answer, then i'l say it, if i don't, i'l just read...

Then, i'l go to the Online Thread and click in any Online games where i am, i read everything, usually to see if someone Added me without PMing me :nono:

And then i go to General Chit Chat and troll on topics that interest me, some times i'l say stuff that isn't related to troll, but those posts are a rarity in General Chit Chat.

Edit: Oh, and in the end, i mark all the posts read and skip to the next forum, to do something similar.

Considering this is a gaming forum, I only look at General Discussion, and the rarely updated Creative forum below it.

About 3 times a year, a thread might catch my eye in Wii or DS. But considering the only current-gen system I own is DS, I don't pay much heed to those forums.

N-E is a very major part of my online life.

I'm on here multiple times a day. I generally use General Chit Chat and the Wii board. Occasionally viewing Creative and Tech if there's anything interesting going on in there (though I will also post in the other ones from time to time). Generally I'll post if I have something to say about the subject after reading through the thread.

I tend to check the forums just after waking up, then again throughout the day. If I'm working that day, I'll come on as soon as I get home.

I generally stay in Gen-chit-chat, but occasionally visit other consoles/tech board. I don't like to post there though for some reason.. :(

This is one of the main websites I visit, let alone the first and only forum I use daily. I signed up in the days of Cube Europe when I had newly purchased a GC and seeked help on these forums. Ever since then, haven't looked back!

However now, I don't actually own any nintendo hardware. Thus, I visit the General chit chat thread mostly and the Other Consoles section (I have a 360).

Still love this place baby!

Errr I use to post a lot.. But not so much anymore. Just more of a lurker.

I just use "right click--->open in background tab" for general chit chat, suggestions/questions, and then click on other consoles.

Browse through any interesting threads in gcc, open Xbox 360 discussion in other consoles and occasionally the rock band thread. Read the suggestion/question thread and see what Emasher is bitching about today, then maybe pop in to tech talk or creative.

In the summer holidays, I could spend hours online in the daytime, jumping between threads. My enormous amount of free time and lack of anything better to do resulted in me reading and posting in many threads, some which even didn't interest me. I'd also stay up till 3 AM or so, just browsing through the forums. I mainly stayed in General Chit Chat and Wii Discussion inlucing subforums, though.

Now, school has begun again and I only log on in the evening after I'm done with my homework and before I go to bed. I am more tired and can't stay up till late at night anymore, so I only read and post in the threads that really interest me now.

And about reading and posting, I read a thread and post if I feel I want to contribute. I like discussing things, but only things that I feel I have sufficient knowledge to discuss. I really don't feel I can take part in the weed thread, as I don't know much about drugs, except they're bad for you. And some would call that a prejudiced opinion, so I'll just stay clear of it as I can't really defend it well.

I would say i always go to 'other consoles' first coz the PS3 and 360 are cool! Then i see if anything in general chit-chat interests me. And i may glance in the wii one, but very rarely.....

I come online every day. When i finish work, sometimes before work, and even like now while i'm in work! lol

I do read alot of threads that i don't post in but most in other consoles i do post.