NEurope
ReZourceman

Funfax, A Nostalgia Thread

I still have my Beyblades. And about the first 5 DVD's from the anime. Christ they were amazing.

I have all my Beyblades. (and 2 stadiums!)

Come on 2003. Come on 11 years old.

I love that show too much. Saw each boxset for £10 in a cash converters a few months ago and was soooo tempted. Really wish I had just gone for it.

I've finished watching series 1 and 2 and £12 for the first 22 episodes is well worth it! I'm quite temped to get the 3rd series.

I used to collect the Looney Tunes Tazos that you could find in Walkers crisps.

http://spakatak.com/tazos/uk/looneytunestazos.htm

It's amazing how much we forget about our own lives.. Me and my friend tricked this South African guy into stealing a box of 48 walkers crisps from the porch of this girl's house as a test for him to pass in order to join our gang, which consisted of just the 2 of us... We were so bad. We only got a couple of tazos out of it.

Whenever I listen to a song, I always suddenly recall where I was and how I felt (emotionally and physically) when I last heard it, whether it was a few months ago or a few years. That is quite disturbing sometimes, but it's funny how things can jolt our memories.

Oh emm fucking gee.

Tazo's...I forgot about them completely. I had the offical little tubes to keep them in. I instantly had a flashback to the feel of them in my hand, and reach into packets to retreive the prize.

*lies on blanket on memories*

Whenever I listen to a song, I always suddenly recall where I was and how I felt (emotionally and physically) when I last heard it, whether it was a few months ago or a few years. That is quite disturbing sometimes, but it's funny how things can jolt our memories.

This. Losing Grip by Avril Lavinge came on shuffle on my iPod and the sounds were so evocative of Christmas 2002 (when I got that and P!nk's album with my first CD Walkman. Only 2 CD's I took on holiday to Florida with me and I get this rush of smells and feelings from that time.). Hadn't heard it for years.

I had Knotty Pine by David Byrne and Dirty Projectors as my ringtone for the longest time. Now whenever it comes up on my iTunes shuffle, I instantly start looking around for my phone.

Weird this thread came up today as I've been feeling nostalgic the past wee while.

Google Streetview: 56.123556,-4.17227, look North East.

My old drinking spot... Used to be the skate park. Further up the road was the football pitch was another classic spot.

Was out at the pub in that village tonight with friends from school. Great night, reminiscing of old times together.

I had Knotty Pine by David Byrne and Dirty Projectors as my ringtone for the longest time. Now whenever it comes up on my iTunes shuffle, I instantly start looking around for my phone.

Whenever Number 1 by Goldfrapp comes on, it feels slightly tainted, as I had it for about 2 years as my ringtone. Currently have Prince but need a change.

Now I remember Tazos as a firm fix in my mind and looking at those pics was great....then I saw WORLD TAZOS and memories came flooding back.

I still have my Beyblades. And about the first 5 DVD's from the anime. Christ they were amazing.

I have all my Beyblades. (and 2 stadiums!)

Come on 2003. Come on 11 years old.

Yeah Beyblades were actually amazing. As I was/is/am sad, a friend and I got into them at school, we were in one of the older years so...we did it fairly privately, but yeah.

I think they're a great design and overall concept.

Baxter the Fly, awesome.

Yeah Beyblades were actually amazing. As I was/is/am sad, a friend and I got into them at school, we were in one of the older years so...we did it fairly privately, but yeah.

I think they're a great design and overall concept.

Bring some for the meet.

CHECK OUT THIS SITE IF YOU LIKED TURTLES FIGURES.

http://www.tmnttoys.com/figures.html#2

I had this one (still do in a box somewhere). Okay, so it's not an action figure, but the miniatures were way cooler. :blank:

Also, all those 'special versions' of the Turtles on that website bring back some disappointing memories. Nothing worse than to finally get that Donatello you wanted, only to have him be a zombie/turn into a car/have wind-up legs. Things should look like what they're supposed to look like. :sad:

I don't have them anymore bled. Or if I do they're not in reach.

If I can find someway of transporting my Beystadium I'd bring mine, but I think it'd get fucked up on the train to/from.

ReZ, give us a lift.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWCcS3xYuvD3wOapKp_WJF7y33RVqovfT0KgmViTXc0PQ4gVnN&t=1

The originals, pretty sure I got them all! I loved these, especially Eggy and Top Hat.

Hay guyshhh ;)

Also these:

sherbet+straws.jpg

...were actually outlawed in our playground. Serious amphetamine lark there.

Hay guyshhh ;)

Also these:

sherbet+straws.jpg

Haha oh fuck I remember these, the same thing happened at my school. I still remember the stupid shits who used to buy them for 10p when I bought them for a penny.

The same shit happened when this obscure newsagent near my old house sold these weird plastic ring pull sour sherbet sweets too. They were so sour that the other kids in my year at school were buying them off me for nearly a quid each because they made Toxic Waste look like shit when I actually bought them for 10p each. God damn I used to be a little candy entrepreneur.. well, more of a swindler I guess.

Hay guyshhh ;)

Also these:

sherbet+straws.jpg

They were banned from all the schools in Caldicot when i was younger, probably still are (if you can still buy them).

Loved them, but sometimes had a bit of trouble getting all the sherbert out. Probably due to it getting moist or something.

Easy to open those! Flatten the end out, then squeeze it at the sides. Poof. Open. People tried yanking with their teeth like rtards.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWCcS3xYuvD3wOapKp_WJF7y33RVqovfT0KgmViTXc0PQ4gVnN&t=1

The originals, pretty sure I got them all! I loved these, especially Eggy and Top Hat.

ME TOO!

Eggy was the first one I got and therefore my favourite. Probably still have them all somewhere

Easy to open those! Flatten the end out, then squeeze it at the sides. Poof. Open. People tried yanking with their teeth like rtards.

Tru fax. Piece of piss.