NEurope
khilafah

FIFA 09

Don't you think a few wrong decisions make it more realistic despite a little frustrating?

Abaolutely 100% yes. For the most part I've seen nought wrong with the decisions the ref has made, but there have been occasions where offside should have been given or free kicks were incorrectly awarded etc - to be honest, they do make the game that little more authentic.

For the most part however, the ref is always right, spot on.

This game seems to think football is a non-contact sport. I've slide tackled got the ball and then the man, only for the ref to give a free kick and then card my player. It's a bit broken in that department.

tbh, slide tackles aren't a huge part of my game now. I actually realised my normal tackling was wrong (I wasn't holding, I was tapping) but since then I've been going far more for sprints, pressure and interference.

lol moment of the week:

last ditch offensive measure by Liverpool on a corner had their goalie in my area pushing for the last possible match of the game. I won the air, passed to Rooney and sprinted it all the way up the pitch and just ran it in to their goal, without shooting. Lawl.

I have a handfull of dodgy red cards given...mainly for 'just' catching players with a slide. Even if it's from the side and they've not fallen over. However, it always seems to be online when more red cards are given.

Makes it a tad more realistic yeah, but equally frustrating!

Don't you think a few wrong decisions make it more realistic despite a little frustrating?

Personally I think wrong decisions ruin the game in life and in fifa, plus I don't want to see the slide tackle die out, which this game seems to be edging towards.

It's peculiar how some people get loads of red cards for slide tackles, I get mainly yellow and if I'm lucky just a free kick to the opposing team.

Seems to be last man most times. Although Ive been fouled from behind in the middle of the field after i passed the ball and they got a red. You will 100% get one every time if you slide tackle a player from behind when hes behind the defence and running towards the keeper

Seems to be last man most times. Although Ive been fouled from behind in the middle of the field after i passed the ball and they got a red. You will 100% get one every time if you slide tackle a player from behind when hes behind the defence and running towards the keeper

I wasn't on about professional fouls or tackles from behind. I just on about regular fair slide tackles from midfield, and some how getting booked for winning the ball.

Playing FIFA 09 was a weird experience last night.. I had been playing it last week a little and had a 4-Team League with friends at the weekend and, whilst they didn't really get along with it completely (particularly the darksnowman who hated it), I had a lot of fun with it and was able to put some nice moves together and have several decent games.

However, last night was an absolute travesty.. another 4-Team league, 6 matches and nothing but regret.. there were no smiles last night. All of the games were really poor and unenjoyable with a lack of precision in passing, shooting, movement and reactions. It was a mess.. and the advantage rule in the game is an absolute disgrace! The amount of times that play was called back when there was a clear advantage by playing on was beyond a joke.

It was all very disappointing and I'm not sure how I will feel about the game next time I play it :hmm: ..everyone was crying out for Pro Evo yet it was unlikely the rather poor PES 2008 on the PS3 would be sufficient..

I managed to win the league by scoring 1 goal without concession on a night where the action never really caught fire.. unlike some pumpkins..

I am enjoying the game (still at the beginning of Be a PrO mode) but damn tackling can be frustrating. My CPU controlled team mates with hack down the opponent with no hesitation, getting them a straight yellow card, yet when I have been hacked down by the last man, all I get is a lame free kick. NO Card, NO nothing.

Also, where is the standard practice mode? I dont want to do it in arena mode as I cant seem to add players or practice free kicks constantly like i could in PES (FKs were like penalties to me in PES). Still playing the game everynight though.

...I cant seem to add players or practice free kicks constantly like i could in PES (FKs were like penalties to me in PES). Still playing the game everynight though.

Although you can't have 11 men in the arena mode, by pressing a direction on the D-Pad you can practice free kicks. Doing a D-Pad press in the penalty box gives you a practice penalty kick too. Kinda handy but I know what you mean about the lack of practice mode...

Although you can't have 11 men in the arena mode, by pressing a direction on the D-Pad you can practice free kicks. Doing a D-Pad press in the penalty box gives you a practice penalty kick too. Kinda handy but I know what you mean about the lack of practice mode...

Yeah i knew this but was not satisfied with it. So really I am a bit pissed off. Ah well, should just enjoy what I can enjoy...but I do miss practicing free kicks ¬_¬

hmmmm just bought a 360 and ive been a pes man for the last 4 or 5 years but people keep saying this year pes is shit and fifa is the one to go for - whats the crack?

The thing is, if you don't mind waiting until Spring, then go for Pro Evo and avoid FIFA. However, I have to say that I'm pleased with FIFA just for the Manager Mode... which is really good.

This years FIFA is a great thing. It's a shame there is so much loyalty to both franchises though. I usually buy the better game. It just so happens that PES was incredible last gen but (apart from on Wii) has started to play poorly these days. FIFA on the other hand seems to have really flourished with this new generation of hardware. Finally the gameplay matches the presentational elements. It's not quite the same as PES (last gen) nor is it as slick on the pitch. But it feels new, feels a lot more realistic and feels brilliant in Be a Pro mode.

Definately one of my favourite titles this generation. To be suprised by EA's FIFA franchise hasn't really happened since 1994 and 1998. Now if only they didn't update EVERY year. Now they've a solid on the pitch experience it would be nice to have the title have a two year shelf life with squad updates being downloadable next year and the title receiving only minor patches (new music, a couple of gameplay tweaks etc...) Shame that it just won't happen like that.

..played this today for the first time in a couple of weeks and I just can't get over how disappointed I am in it now! When I first played the game, I thought it seemed pretty decent and had a lot of potential, but ever since the first week I have been left feeling very negative about FIFA 09. The players just feel a bit.. heavy :hmm:

PES 2009 is £24.99 in GAME at the moment and is becoming an ever more enticing proposition as Pro Evo has always provided us with a decent game of football and FIFA has been dodged for many years prior to this year (since 2004 on the Gamecube..)

Having said that, I played an XBOX 360 for the first time the other day with one game of PES 2009 and it may just have been my complete disgust of the XBOX 360 controller for playing the game but it wasn't really doing a great deal for me either.. but I know after a few games I would probably get into it :heh:

How did FIFA 09 slip so far so fast.. :indeed:

Wow, really? I still think it's a fabulous title. Me and my mates still play it loads.

New commentary packs are out for the PS3 today too :) Pretty delighted with that tbh as it makes a nice change hearing some different banter! :D

Well.. maybe we could have a game together some time? I'm not sure how the PS3 online works for friends because I have only done some random matches any time I play (which is very rare as it's my brother's.. and I spend more time playing my consoles :heh:)

..but yeh.. I'd definitely like to play you or anyone else on here :smile:

No idea. After several games the commentary pack is actually pretty good. It's Andy Townsend instead of Andy Gray as the co-commentator with a lot more impressions thrown in. Was a nice change from Andy Grays usual banter.

Solid. For a couple of quid I can't complain!

The only thing that annoys me about FIFA is the crowd reaction when you score...

I dunno, in ProEvo it just seems better. Otherwise I love this to death. I'm still forced to play ProEvo at work every lunch but I've converted half the people who play to FIFA.

I think Pro Evo is for those who like better and easier player reactions, mind you I haven't played a pro evo game before, only ISS. But while it's lasted FIFA has been a great experience.

Okay, how do you play online, not BAP, just a normal game? I saw tapedeck was on the other day when I was playing and wanted to invite him to a match but couldn't figure out how to do it!

Wow, really? I still think it's a fabulous title. Me and my mates still play it loads.

New commentary packs are out for the PS3 today too :) Pretty delighted with that tbh as it makes a nice change hearing some different banter! :D

What's this? Commentator pack? How weird? How much is it? Does it replace the older one, changeable in the options, or is it random each match?