N-Europe

conundrums

Infinete

i dint actually believe in god ii just very very bored and thought that this seemed clever.

"If you do not believe in god, then you must believe you were an accident, therefor all of your bthoughts an actions are accidents, including your disbelief in god", what do you think, and do you have any conundrums.

good thought there but how about this

we weren't created by accident, just by chance, it was neither a mistake nor deliberate. therefore i still don't believe in god

Stating "we are simply here by chance, and thats all" doesn't answer the question of "why is there a universe?", and thus does nothing to disprove the existence of a divine being. As Copleston once said, "If one refuses to even sit down at the chess board and make a move, one cannot, of course, be checkmated."

How about the benevolent/omnipotent one?

If God's benevolent and omnipotent, why does he let bad things happen?

Maybe he's omnipotent, but not benevolent, in which case he is malevolent.

Maybe he's benevolent, but not ominpotent, in which case, why call him God?

(I recalled this from a program I watched in which some actor recited this verse of some guy, maybe Plato, in the same way I've recited it...ie pretentiously)

Philosophy, good thread man .

There is a god ,of sorts. It is too psychologicaly dangerous to consider ourselves without one (according to some anyway) . Belief in a god can be and is uttillised to

absolve us from the responsibility of our actions so there will always be a god .

Benevolence and Omnipotence are subjects experienced from the human perspective

on reallity and therefor cannot be applied as a form of moral guidance to a being that

is considered unearthly and all knowing. ( that dosent make me religious does it ?.)