NEurope
Cookyman

Guitar Hero : World Tour

Well, I decided to get the Wii version today. I went to get it in Gamestation and was told I had to buy tguitar/game pack as the GH3 guitar wasn't compatible with the new game. I argued this fact with the lad and said I was a journalist for an online magazine who knew about these things. He kept trying to push the bundle on me. I went to GAME.

There they had one copy of the Wii game left and I got it there, proceeded to walk into Gamestation, open my bag out on the desk and said "see". Idiots.

Anyway, played the game solid for about 5 hours. Unlocked 25% of it. A LOT of content then! I decided to start on medium and it's actually a lot easier than GH3. Done a few songs on hard and they aren't too bad. Saying that I'm still at the beginning of the game so it could get tough all of a sudden. The guitar duels are better than GH3 as there (so far!) have been no "power ups", you just have to make it to the end of the song. I prefer that tbh as GH3 battles seemed a tad random.

The Mii performance mode is actually a good laugh and has a hell of a lot of depth to it. Playing power chords, little riffs and jamming with someone else who is using the wiimote and nunhuck as a makeshift drumkit works really well. Awesome fun right there! The DLC is seemless (although poor atm) and it's all done in-game. Nice. The user created content is already immense and the Nintendo-centric tunes are (imo) brilliant. I've dabbled in the creator for a while and it's fabulous. The depth is astounding yet the tutorials are a must. I've yet to dwell on it but the half hour I spent there had me making a pretty good backing track for an acoustic song I penned a few year ago. Awesome!

As Shadow said, the create a rocker mode is uber detailed. It's like Tony Hawk on steroids. You can even create every single detail of your guitar. In a word: Brilliant.

I tried a singstar mic on the Wii and it didn't work. Can't wait to pick up both a mic and a drumkit next Friday. As I wanted to see what the drums/ band combo sounded/feel like, I searched (in-game) online for a full band game yet nothing was picked up. Early days I guess!

Final thoughts?

This blows GH3 out of the water with only the option to choose where you want to play a quick game annoying me by its apparent abscence. Other than that the game is a huge step forward for DLC/Online Wii gaming in general and content in a music title.

Hope to see you all rocking out soon :D

Good lad tapedeck :) See you on it next week then :yay:

Mine has 100% been shipped yesterday from PLAY, the full edition. So I may get it monday :)

Can't wait!

Good lad tapedeck :) See you on it next week then :yay:

Mine has 100% been shipped yesterday from PLAY, the full edition. So I may get it monday :)

Can't wait!

So was mine :yay: I just wish I knew how to use that tracking number to see where my kit was!

I got the game, if anyone wants to team up. [wii version]

Impressions:

Career has a lot of songs, and they are way easier than GH3. The backgrounds are pretty good and the create your rocker is really good too. I already got pretty attached to my guy.

The career doesnt have the little animations after each sponsor that GH3 had and after a while playing gig after gig gets a little boring.

Haven't tried the music studio yet but GH tunes seems pretty good and fast. There are some good songs here and there but not much yet. Also there are a few free DLC songs and the GHtunes songs seem to take up no memory blocks, or very little.

I want to try out the wifi so can ppl with the game add me :D

Any questions on the game I can answer too...

I'll play wifi with you tomorrow sometime if you're up for it?

Sure am, my code is: 116130759576

I'm only getting into expert yet, hard is my comfort zone.

Well looks like the new DLC is up...In the USA. Gutted. Can't wait for the DLC (Oasis tracks) to become available. If it's going to be a case of the US getting the DLC first then PAL territories following suit a while after I'll be pretty dissapointed. Still, some DLC is better than nothing.

EDIT: Anyone else having trouble putting their band logo onto the actual in-game drumkit? It goes all weird and sticks out on the actual stage! Tried numerous times with different band logos but it's always the same. Looks stupid as there is this logo just sat in the middle of the stage. Gah!!!

Furthermore, when I've added other decals to the drumkit they don't show up when playing?! (And yes, I'm in career mode).

The new guitar is heavier and bigger. The buttons seem harder to push in than the GH3 guitar and the strum bar is "clickier", as it makes far louder clicks and is harder to strum quickly with. The + and - buttons are difficult to press quickly as they are very small but the new star power button is a nice addition. The whammy bar has also improved.

The touch pad is not very responsive and the parts where you use it can be replaced with easier button presses.

So if you have a GH3 guitar, unless you want 2 guitars for multiplayer, I don't suggest you get the new one.

The star power button is the - button but the + buttons are far too small when you need to quickly pause it without missing notes

Even though it is easier to use the buttons I still think the touch pad is great fun at some points (like One Armed Scissor) as it makes a nice change and feels good to use.

Wish I wasn't stuck in accommodation as there's no chance of me been able to get online unless those nintendo wi-fi usb dongles work with the Wii.

Overall though great game and probably better than GH3.

So has anyone received their copy from Play? Also on a side note, does anyone know how/where to use the tracking numbers that Play dish out?

EDIT: Nevermind, turns out the tracking numbers that Play hand out are to be used on the Parcel Force website, but my parcel refuses to be tracked despite it being sent on Friday:(

Just a quick update of GHWT full band kits from Game - today i received an email telling me my free guitar had been despatched. So I thought I'd check the status of my full band kit on Parcelforce - I'd tried the track and trace before and it never worked. Anyway tried it today and got the results below.

Track & Trace

Parcel tracking details

Progress of the parcel you've enquired about is displayed below.

Parcel number: *********

Parcel tracks

Date Time Location Tracking Event

10-11-2008 14:10 National Hub Sorted in hub

Now if the status is in progress then we should receive them tomorrow as it's express 24hr delivery!

Fingers crossed I'm right and we get them tomorrow.: peace:

Try your parcelforce number and let us know!

Great news gonna go check mine now. I had my email regarding my free guitar last Thursday.

Just looked and mine too was tracked at the national hub at around 13:00 typed in the code for my free guitar as well but all that said was parcel force 24

Just checked mine it was last tracked in Ipswich last night at around middnight its really frustrating cause thats literally a 20 min drive from my house

Parcel number: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Parcel tracks

11-11-2008 13:15 Edinburgh West Depot Delivery instructions received

11-11-2008 05:30 Edinburgh West Depot Arrived at delivery depot

Status held??? what the hell just send me the damn thing already!

Mine is now at the same will be really ticked off if I dont recieve the game tomorrow knowing it is literally a 20 min drive away

I have just called Parcel Force to see what is happening as my Band Pack is still showing as being sorted at the National Hub. They asked what the package contained, I told them and they replied that they have been instructed to hold off delivery until Friday. Looks like no early deliveries this time!:sad:

Ouch that sucks. Sucks when stuff gets sent early and you get excited it'll be here soon, but then this happens :heh:

Is this correct: I cannot buy the drums on their own either this Friday or sometime in the future??? I just wanted the game last week (to play with the perfectly fine GH3 controller) yet I was under the impression I could get a cheap USB mic and the drums for about £50ish seperate.

I think they're releasing it seperatly in the future, just not soon, like they did with the GH3 and the seperate guitar. I'm in the same position as you are, aside from the mic.

Oh, ok. I was worried! I'll just ebay a mic. Any suggeestions on a good mic? The singstar one doesn't work! :(

I have just called Parcel Force to see what is happening as my Band Pack is still showing as being sorted at the National Hub. They asked what the package contained, I told them and they replied that they have been instructed to hold off delivery until Friday. Looks like no early deliveries this time!:sad:

That takes the piss its annoying me knowing its a 20 min drive away and also the fact that game charged my card three weeks before release!

That takes the piss its annoying me knowing its a 20 min drive away and also the fact that game charged my card three weeks before release!
Perhaps it's different for the ones from Game. The lady I spoke to asked if it was from Play or not, mine is from Play.

It's strange you guys are still waiting on your band packs. I walked into Game today and found several band packs for the Wii version of the game available to buy right then and there. Had been on sale since friday.

Parcel number: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Parcel tracks

11-11-2008 13:15 Edinburgh West Depot Delivery instructions received

11-11-2008 05:30 Edinburgh West Depot Arrived at delivery depot

Status held??? what the hell just send me the damn thing already!

Has it arrived yet? we need to Rock out online together.