NEurope
Cookyman

Guitar Hero : World Tour

All of February's downloaded content (Wings etc) and the long awaited Oasis tracks are finally available for download on the Wii. :)

Is there a date for the individual instruments soon? I know the US has one but was wondering about EU. Haven't been keeping my eye on it too much.

Is there a date for the individual instruments soon? I know the US has one but was wondering about EU. Haven't been keeping my eye on it too much.

Same. I'm Itching to get hold of the Drums :D

Well, wasn't all the Drums broke when they was first released?

Take it they will be fixing them...but surely it can't take this long :(

Queen songs are now available (win!) fat bottomed girls and we are the champions. Both are great :-D tough to play on expert too. Shame next months DLC is a bit guff. Getting Nirvana is a coup but not having their biggest songs/hits is just annoying.

Although I've got some killers, wings, oasis and queen on GHWT I can't help but feel a little dissapointed with the offerings so far. STILL waiting for single instrument availability here in the UK is a joke too. /grumble. Still...we are the champions is EPIC!

Thread bump! Didn't want to make another thread whilst this one was full of useful info.

I recently picked this us for a fiver, and was chuffed to bits. Just the standalone game, I mean. I'm using the guitar from GH3, and I'm a bit gutted to be missing out on the drums and stuff, but I probably wouldn't have the space to keep them anyway.

My initial thoughts on the game are that I'm enjoying it very much. Love the setlist, and there's some cracking tunes on show.

I must say that I prefer the presentation of the menus from GH3. The loading times seem quicker on there as well, but not by much. I'm playing the game on hard mode and the earlier songs don't feel as difficult as they were on GH3. Overall, it feels just that bit easier to get through the songs, whereas I had to learn and learn parts over and over in order to progress in the previous game. The song that caused me the most trouble so far is BYOB, but then I shot up from 18% through to finishing it in the space of a day.

Saying that, it's a very fun game to play. Most of the tunes are fun to play, and it probably has a better range than the previous game. Saying that, I feel that they chose the wrong Muse song for this. Assassin is really quite boring and tedious to play on this. However, the drum parts look very fun, so maybe that is why it was included. In fact, maybe that's why the overall game is slightly easier, to make it more entertaining in band mode. It would suck if you got to 95% and then failed.

Another thing that annoys me slightly is the star power aspect of this game. It feels more fluid in the previous game, whereas here you need to directly point the guitar towards the ceiling, wait a few seconds before star power is activated and then carry on. I've lost a lot of my streaks this way, so it makes me reluctant to use it.

Overall, I'm finding it hard to put down. Its fun playing through some great tunes like Some Might Say, Everlong, Demolition Man, the Jimi Hendrix tunes, and so forth. I also like the customisable aspect of the characters and guitars. Thats a good touch.

So, bar a few things here and there, I'm enjoying this very much. :)