NEurope
Cookyman

Guitar Hero : World Tour

Loving this game just spent 4hrs playing online - amazing stuff.

I've even managed to complete some gigs with the drums on medium - think it's gonna take a lot of practice.

The GH tunes songs are so small they don't take up any space so they go in ur save memory.

I'm back home so I'll add you all. Tapedeck and mokong!

I was thinking that, i just downloaded a few more and there was no effect on my Wii or SD blocks.

Does that mean though you can only save a limited number of custom/GHTunes songs?

Tapedeck i'll add you tomorrow... dont forget to put that code in the thread in Online board

and everyone else too : peace:

Out of curiosity, dudes...how are Everlong and Some Might Say like to play?

I want this game so, so badly. :(

Both are excellent. : peace:

Although I've yet to try Everlong on Drums as my drum kit is in a horrendous condition. :(

Both are excellent. : peace:

Although I've yet to try Everlong on Drums as my drum kit is in a horrendous condition. :(

Playing Everlong will just make me...I dunno. What's better than an orgasm?

I've made inquiries about this before, but maybe the situation has changed since then: Is it possible to buy the games and the drums? I don't need the guitar.

Can I just confirm that when you download songs you have to download them to the wii memory then move them? Thats fine though on people who have pretty full fridges, will we have to download a song, go out the game, move the song, go back in the game, download another song, come out the game....blah blah blah you know where I'm going with this!

Playing Everlong will just make me...I dunno. What's better than an orgasm?

I've made inquiries about this before, but maybe the situation has changed since then: Is it possible to buy the games and the drums? I don't need the guitar.

Yes, but the drums post christmas....can you wait?

Yes, but the drums post christmas....can you wait?

Aww, what the fud-diddly-duddly?!

Yeah, not brilliant is it?! The guitar stuf is particularly brilliant though if that helps!

Can I just confirm that when you download songs you have to download them to the wii memory then move them? Thats fine though on people who have pretty full fridges, will we have to download a song, go out the game, move the song, go back in the game, download another song, come out the game....blah blah blah you know where I'm going with this!

To answer myself, No you don't. You just need about 200 blocks free as it puts it on your Wii and then transfers it straight away. Awesome stuff.

Pissed off already as the Wii is really lagging behind on DLC. Kinda feel robbed. Thinking about trading this in already. I was expecting it to be fully supported by Activision...

How nieve.

Wow trading in already :(

That sucks man. I would just give it a while more.

Cause its near Christmas i doubt the price will go down.

Anyone see these vids yet, pretty cool

This first one while made to look real was actually made by a production company as a viral marketing thing for Activision...still an awesome vid though.

Bike Hero

And then i found this one, some guy doing a totally awesome parody and ownage of the first vid

Pissed off already as the Wii is really lagging behind on DLC. Kinda feel robbed. Thinking about trading this in already. I was expecting it to be fully supported by Activision...

How nieve.

How is it lagging behind? Give it time, it'll even itself out!

WHy haven't you added yourself to the friendcode thread!?

Wii isn't getting any Hendrix DLC.

Why? Is that because it's album download only? Why don't bands just release every song individually on the Wii?

I did buddy :D

Oh yeah :) I've already added you too!! PM me if you fancy a game at any point!

I just beat the Guitar Career mode on Hard... slightly dissapointed there was no battle with the Devil, was expecting since he appears in that opening intro movie... though it was nice that you unlock a new gig after the credits.

One thing I can't quite figure out though is that I beat every song on hard mode on my first go... only a few had me down in the red due to some wicked solos but still never made me fail... what i can't work out it, was this cuz I'm just that good after playing GH3 so much or are the songs here easier than in GH3?

Gonna go do it all on expert now and see whats what there.

Also a little dissappointed there isn't a massive epicly hard song like TTFAF really all they would need to do is pick any other Dragonforce song :heh:

About 70% through the Drum career on easy, getting the hang of it much better now. Can do a few on Normal too which is awesome, Beat it, Eye of the Tiger and Float On (which I never heard before getting this game and loving it)

Did the Wii version get Another Way To Die as DLC?

The song for the new Bond film? Yes, yes it does... i haven't bought it yet though...i'm hoping for a classic bond theme to appear

I just beat the Guitar Career mode on Hard... slightly dissapointed there was no battle with the Devil, was expecting since he appears in that opening intro movie... though it was nice that you unlock a new gig after the credits.

One thing I can't quite figure out though is that I beat every song on hard mode on my first go... only a few had me down in the red due to some wicked solos but still never made me fail... what i can't work out it, was this cuz I'm just that good after playing GH3 so much or are the songs here easier than in GH3?

Gonna go do it all on expert now and see whats what there.

Also a little dissappointed there isn't a massive epicly hard song like TTFAF really all they would need to do is pick any other Dragonforce song :heh:

About 70% through the Drum career on easy, getting the hang of it much better now. Can do a few on Normal too which is awesome, Beat it, Eye of the Tiger and Float On (which I never heard before getting this game and loving it)

I'm not sure...I think that the slider feature makes some of the songs a bit easier. But I haven't tried anything lower than Expert, and I didn't have much of a problem there either.

Maybe we have both gotten better. It wouldn't surprise me if we had, to be honest, if we've both been playing it near constantly since getting GHIII.

As for an epically hard song...Satch Boogie. Try eet out.

And "Float On" is an excellent song. I love it to bits. :smile:

I'm not sure...I think that the slider feature makes some of the songs a bit easier. But I haven't tried anything lower than Expert, and I didn't have much of a problem there either.

Maybe we have both gotten better. It wouldn't surprise me if we had, to be honest, if we've both been playing it near constantly since getting GHIII.

As for an epically hard song...Satch Boogie. Try eet out.

And "Float On" is an excellent song. I love it to bits. :smile:

Yeah snatch boogie is one of those few that had me down in the red for a moment, but still finished it on first go on Hard though...awesome song also.

I started this on Hard on Guitar just so i'd have something extra to do after finishing that...plus the fact i still haven't finished a single song on the last gig on Expert on GH3 :heh:

Any of you discovered any new songs you really like via this game?

Here's my traditional list of "Great songs I've discovered via Guitar Hero.":

Steve Miller Band - The Joker

Jimi Hendrix - The Wind Cries Mary

Wings - Band On The Run*

Ozzy Osbourne - Mr Crowley, Crazy Train

The Living End - Prisoner Of Society

Dream Theater - Pull Me Under

Motorhead - Overkill

Rise Against - Re-Education (Through Labour)

Van Halen - Hot For Teacher

Tool - Parabola, Schism, Vicarious

Filter - Hey Man, Nice Shot

Joe Satriani - Satch Boogie

Sting - Demolition Man

*Okay, I knew this song existed before and I rather liked it as it sounded mint. But I never actually heard it fully until I played World Tour. So it's on the list.

Any of you discovered any new songs you really like via this game?

Here's my traditional list of "Great songs I've discovered via Guitar Hero.":

Steve Miller Band - The Joker

Jimi Hendrix - The Wind Cries Mary

Wings - Band On The Run*

Ozzy Osbourne - Mr Crowley, Crazy Train

The Living End - Prisoner Of Society

Dream Theater - Pull Me Under

Motorhead - Overkill

Rise Against - Re-Education (Through Labour)

Van Halen - Hot For Teacher

Tool - Parabola, Schism, Vicarious

Filter - Hey Man, Nice Shot

Joe Satriani - Satch Boogie

Sting - Demolition Man

*Okay, I knew this song existed before and I rather liked it as it sounded mint. But I never actually heard it fully until I played World Tour. So it's on the list.

I've had a few aswell... though can't remember them all.

The two that stand out the most though are "Float On" and "Escuela De Calor", I must play these at least once before finishing a session.

And I must add, "One the Road Again" on Medium drums, bloody awesome...sure it's mostly all Red notes, but keeping the rythm using both sticks can be tough...especially hard is getting through the whole song without smacking the sticks off each other, haha.

Anyway...question.

Is there some sort of "trick" to hitting "double notes" on the drums?

The Red drum is starting to annoy me. It's perfectly fine when it's a single red note, works fine... but when it's a double note (like Red, yellow.... of which there is a ton in each song in medium mode) it seems to not work???

Now of course I know I have to hit both drums at the same time, but is there some strange rule about hitting both with the exact same force or something?

I have "missed" a ton of red notes that are part of a double note but I am certain I had my beat right and hit both drums at the same time and can't work out why it's not registering?

Again single notes never a problem:heh:

I've had a few aswell... though can't remember them all.

The two that stand out the most though are "Float On" and "Escuela De Calor", I must play these at least once before finishing a session.

And I must add, "One the Road Again" on Medium drums, bloody awesome...sure it's mostly all Red notes, but keeping the rythm using both sticks can be tough...especially hard is getting through the whole song without smacking the sticks off each other, haha.

Anyway...question.

Is there some sort of "trick" to hitting "double notes" on the drums?

The Red drum is starting to annoy me. It's perfectly fine when it's a single red note, works fine... but when it's a double note (like Red, yellow.... of which there is a ton in each song in medium mode) it seems to not work???

Now of course I know I have to hit both drums at the same time, but is there some strange rule about hitting both with the exact same force or something?

I have "missed" a ton of red notes that are part of a double note but I am certain I had my beat right and hit both drums at the same time and can't work out why it's not registering?

Again single notes never a problem:heh:

Hey Mokong, I have the same problem. I can tell you that there is no trick to this, it's just that your main hand is usually hitting the cymbal and the weak one hitting the snare. It's just a case of getting use to here mate, even try hitting it with you good hand, you'll see it's just that the weak hand is hitting snare during the songs. Hope that helps : peace: