NEurope
Cookyman

Guitar Hero : World Tour

Still wholly undecided on this...

After seeing the IGN review I'm actually looking forward to hearing about the Wii version more than the other versions. The SD card functionality and mii freestyle modes are a massive bonus aswell (and sound as if they actually work!).

...But then I look at GH3 (and for all it's online modes) I just didn't play it past the 3/4 month mark. And even then it was alone as friends thought it was "too hard" (even on easy). This is primarily a party title imo. (Especially now it's gone the rockband route.)

Even though DLC will make or break this title (in the long run) I'm just thinking I'm gonna skip out on it for a while and just pick it up when it's a tad cheaper (like GH3 which dropped in price around 4 months later) or when more opinions have been vented on here.

My full band version of Guitar Hero World tour was desptached tonight by Game. So much for it coming out on the 14th I am getting the PS3 version but I assume all versions have been despatched today!

There's some speculation it's only the free bass guitar that's been sent just now with the bundle being released on the 14th still.

If not, then the earlier the better!

There's some speculation it's only the free bass guitar that's been sent just now with the bundle being released on the 14th still.

If not, then the earlier the better!

Yeah just checked my online bank account and no money has been taken yet - so maybe it's just the bass guitar. I'll keep you guys posted.

Still wholly undecided on this...

After seeing the IGN review I'm actually looking forward to hearing about the Wii version more than the other versions. The SD card functionality and mii freestyle modes are a massive bonus aswell (and sound as if they actually work!).

...But then I look at GH3 (and for all it's online modes) I just didn't play it past the 3/4 month mark. And even then it was alone as friends thought it was "too hard" (even on easy). This is primarily a party title imo. (Especially now it's gone the rockband route.)

Even though DLC will make or break this title (in the long run) I'm just thinking I'm gonna skip out on it for a while and just pick it up when it's a tad cheaper (like GH3 which dropped in price around 4 months later) or when more opinions have been vented on here.

The full band is way more of a party game than just the guitar; singing, drumming. Trust me, get this, and get it for the Wii :)

My full band version of Guitar Hero World tour was desptached tonight by Game. So much for it coming out on the 14th I am getting the PS3 version but I assume all versions have been despatched today!

Traitor :) Can't believe you didn't get the Wii version

Yeah Cooky, are you N-Europe staff or PS3-Europe staff?!?! Disappointed in you.

Sack him! Sack him!

My order is packing now :) Would lve for this to turn up this weekend. If it does anyone fancy a game?!? :)

Traitor :) Can't believe you didn't get the Wii version

Yeah Cooky, are you N-Europe staff or PS3-Europe staff?!?! Disappointed in you.

Bloody hell I'm feeling the hate right now!

I'm sorry guys but if I'm blowing £150 on one game I'm going for the best version.

Expects more hate following that statement! *gulp*

Just pre-ordered the game and guitar today, getting it this friday.

If I'm spending 100 euro on this game, I'm going for the best version, the wii one.

Now that's effective advertising.

I'm sorry guys but if I'm blowing £150 on one game I'm going for the best version.

apprentice_series2_wt_r_1.jpg

GTFO.

Activision really need to sort this release date shit out. I went into Gamestation to get a confirmed date for this and they checked. Was told it was supposed to be on sale on the 24th of October but obviously that's not the case. Was told to check back on the 21st of November. Went to Game and got a November 7th release date and went to HMV and got a 14th of November release date. This is just shocking. It's the 7th (and it has to be what with orders being sent out) but why the hell do all 3 stores have 3 different date?

It got confirmed ages ago it was the 7th for the game and guitar then the 14th for the whole pack.

You can get the whole band pack on the 7th apparently from what I've been told. See, this confusion isn't really helping people out. All I know is is that I'll be at Gamestation on Friday primed to purchase the solus version.

Now that's effective advertising.

That is the best advert EVER :bowdown:

Some clarification.

Wouldn't surprise me if some retailers are getting confused with dates. If that's the case hopefully it'll get sent soon-ish. We need to get some band practice in :heh:

How is the PS3 version the best? Not hating :) Genuinely asking, is it graphics and the infamous line 6 (which I still don't know what it means)

Some clarification.

Wouldn't surprise me if some retailers are getting confused with dates. If that's the case hopefully it'll get sent soon-ish. We need to get some band practice in :heh:

ah for frack sake, that's the first i ever saw in teh ways of someone from Activision saying anything.

Why though? Did the US has this "staggered" release... balls anyway, I got Friday off work for NOTHING, and I'm working on the 14th (and 15th) now I am pissed :mad:

Might just go up to Dublin for the weekend since I got nothing to do at home now

ah for frack sake, that's the first i ever saw in teh ways of someone from Activision saying anything.

Why though? Did the US has this "staggered" release... balls anyway, I got Friday off work for NOTHING, and I'm working on the 14th (and 15th) now I am pissed :mad:

Might just go up to Dublin for the weekend since I got nothing to do at home now

But theres confusion as some of ours have been sent!! Have the faith!

The only things been sent is the free Bass Guitar as far as i'm aware.

But how did you find this out?

It seems a little odd to just send the guitar that can't be used without the game.

Gonna stop by the store I pre-ordered at tomorrow, they should have their deliveries in tomorrow so I'm gonna pray really hard they got the band packs and still have not heard of a 14th Nov date for them, a staggered release is the silliest thing ever

I think it got delayed to 14th cause of drum issues, just speculation.

I found out cause on some sites, they said the free bass guitar would be sent seperatly since it's not part of the actual pack, and the folk that have said it's been shipped, no money has been taken from their account. I hope i'm wrong cause I want to get some sessions in soon.

How is the PS3 version the best? Not hating :) Genuinely asking, is it graphics and the infamous line 6 (which I still don't know what it means)

Ok here goes *deep breath*

Better graphics - also more customisation of characters etc on PS3 and 360 versions.

Line 6 technology in the music studio - (basically allows the player to change guitar tones using amps, cabs and effects. You can go anywhere from acoustic to heavy metal).

Free software will be available soon for your PC - a midi sequencer allowing you to compose music on the PC and then import their creations into Guitar Hero World Tour. While the PS3 sequencer will reportedly support a variety of instruments, including rhythm and lead guitars, bass, keyboards and drum tracks, the Xbox 360 alternative will be limited to drums alone due to "hardware issues."

DLC - DLC on the wii is already missing tracks available to 360 and PS3 owners also you cant buy track packs on the Wii. Metallica's new album only has 3 tracks available for the Wii.

Now let me put things in perspective - I had GHIII on the Wii and loved it - hell I even posted a glowing review of it Here! but as I said before if I'm buying one game thats nearly the price of the Wii itself I'm gonna go for the best version.

Hope that clears things up!

: peace:

Wow, interesting, didn't realise the PS3 had all that extra stuff.

But i don't have a PS3, so who cares :heh: