N-Europe

What can we expect?

flameboy

I'd expect more Cider ports from EA for Mac. Epic promised Gears of War for Mac a long time ago, and nothing has been heard from it since, but that doesn't really belong to E3.

If nothing else there's Spore which comes for Mac and PC at the same time. On the same disc too I think, at least the creature creator is a hybrid disc.

Yeah, can't wait on seeing what the iPhone and iPod Touch have in store for them. It's a pretty good gaming platform by the looks of it and is potentially a strong competitor to the DS (hell, on paper it's a DS beater)!

PC-wise i'm expecting no surprises. Half Life 2: Episode 3, Counter Strike 4, Empire: Total War, Fallout 3, maybe a little bit on the next Elder Scrolls game. The usual basically.

I was hoping for Microsoft to launch Live on to Windows properly. It wasn't in their press conference so i guess thats a no, i'm now hoping it's a standart feature in Windows 7.

I've recently become very interested in grabbing an iPod touch so I'd like to see something that either convinces me to purchase, or even better, gives me a reason to wait for an update (I really don't want to buy an ipod touch only to have it outclassed by a new model a few months later)

I've recently become very interested in grabbing an iPod touch so I'd like to see something that either convinces me to purchase, or even better, gives me a reason to wait for an update (I really don't want to buy an ipod touch only to have it outclassed by a new model a few months later)

Isn't that how Apple works?

PC-wise i'm expecting no surprises. Half Life 2: Episode 3, Counter Strike 4, Empire: Total War, Fallout 3, maybe a little bit on the next Elder Scrolls game. The usual basically.

Sorry I've been away for a week so it's a bit unfair to comment on others speculation now that the event is over, but -

Counter Strike 4? Most rediuclous thing anyone could ever have expected. Firstly Condition Zero does not a CS 2 make, it's a spin off at best. CS Source has zero chance of a sequel whilst Valve are satisfied with this engine. Anyone with an ounce of experience as to how Valve work would realise that the best CS can hope for (if tbh it needs anything, which is doubtful) is a DOD:Source style revample with the improved Source features added and some lame achievements, though no way in hell would Valve ever add unlocks ala TF2. The competitive scene, which is massive, would burn their HQ down.

Episode 3 woulda been great though Valve had said beforehand that it wouldn't be there. Real shame.

Sorry I've been away for a week so it's a bit unfair to comment on others speculation now that the event is over, but -

Counter Strike 4? Most rediuclous thing anyone could ever have expected. Firstly Condition Zero does not a CS 2 make, it's a spin off at best. CS Source has zero chance of a sequel whilst Valve are satisfied with this engine. Anyone with an ounce of experience as to how Valve work would realise that the best CS can hope for (if tbh it needs anything, which is doubtful) is a DOD:Source style revample with the improved Source features added and some lame achievements, though no way in hell would Valve ever add unlocks ala TF2. The competitive scene, which is massive, would burn their HQ down.

Episode 3 woulda been great though Valve had said beforehand that it wouldn't be there. Real shame.

A new Counter Strike is in the works already, it's been confirmed for months. It might just be an updated version ala DoD or it could actually be a new game, Valve haven't said which yet.

Either that or i'm going crazy, pretty sure i read an interview a few months ago that said they are making it.

Ask someone who knows more about Apple (Takeo, Jasper etc) when the next conference/event thing is as they often get unveiled there I believe. Plus they'll be more informed about patterns of releases etc.

A quick poke around states that there is an annual iPod event in September/October time. But again, contact someone who follows these things more.

A new Counter Strike is in the works already, it's been confirmed for months. It might just be an updated version ala DoD or it could actually be a new game, Valve haven't said which yet.

Either that or i'm going crazy, pretty sure i read an interview a few months ago that said they are making it.

That's completely false. It's not a new Counter Strike in any sense of the word "new" in the same way that the recent DoD update wasn't in any way a "new" game.

Few achievements. Some new engine enchancements.

That's completely false. It's not a new Counter Strike in any sense of the word "new" in the same way that the recent DoD update wasn't in any way a "new" game.

Few achievements. Some new engine enchancements.

So what i said was partly true, yet completely false. Go you! :yay: