NEurope
Foxfear

New Legend of Zelda trailer!!! Real or hoax??

I'd expect the next Zelda to be near the end of the console's life time. I have a feeling that it will be the Wii's final hurrah.

Personally I'd like to see them make a Majora's Mask-esque entry that also reverted back to Wind Waker's style. The traditional Zelda formula is enjoyable, don't get me wrong, but I think Twilight Princess proved that people need a break from it for a while. It would also be far easier to integrate the Wii's features from the ground up.

I can't wait to see where they take things next. I can practically hear the forum whining on the horizon, but I'm positive Nintendo are going to give a fresh new perspective on what is in many ways a stagnant series.

what about a happy and cheerful overworld with cell shaded graphics and then the dark world in muddy twilight princess graphics.

Then set it in the future and use the balance board as your "epona hoverboard"

Then everyone is happy, except for the story being lame and long.

The part with the IGN logo was ripped from IGN's fake Zelda Movie trailer I think.

You know what's sad? There are people that probably believe this.

Personally I'd like to see them make a Majora's Mask-esque entry that also reverted back to Wind Waker's style. The traditional Zelda formula is enjoyable, don't get me wrong, but I think Twilight Princess proved that people need a break from it for a while. It would also be far easier to integrate the Wii's features from the ground up.

I can't wait to see where they take things next. I can practically hear the forum whining on the horizon, but I'm positive Nintendo are going to give a fresh new perspective on what is in many ways a stagnant series.

I whole-heartedly agree, Wind Waker is one of the most beautiful games I've ever played. I wish they'd bring back cel-shading and stopped succumbing to all the nay-sayers on the internet.

That's Prince of Persia you dolt.

I'm sure blender was merely alluding to the possible graphical style of the next Zelda game if it were to have cel-shading.

The war setting doesnt really belong in a Zelda game. Its always been about the lone hero saving the world from eevil. And thats the way it should stay.

Definitely. I'd like smaller (but just as great) DS and maybe WiiWare installments in the time being, but for the big home console versions they really need to give it their all.

Yeah but, unless it's 100% 100%, people will be dissapointed. The more time you spend on a game the more hype will grow. 5 years, people will be expecting only the best, half a % less and people will see it as 'wasted potential'. Besides TP was a very good game, and I'd rather have a TP and a WW in 4 years then one 'ultimate' zelda in 5 years, especially when it might not even be that. But still TP and WW are still very good games, but if people always expect an OoT beater, then most of the time they're going to be dissapointed.

And to make a very good Zelda game you don't need 5 years anyway.

And yeah, why are some people obsessed with turning Zelda into Lord of the Rings. It's kinda against the point :) I personally don't think we'll see anything on Zelda at this years E3 either.

Who the sod are they trying to fool with this? I've seen all of this footage before too, its from that Japanese medieval war game that was on the PS2 or something.

Actually says: Confirmed as a hoax, but was fun while it lasted. It does show however that people are waiting for a new Zelda. Let's see what will happen at E3.

But it didn't last...

I've seen all of this footage before too, its from that Japanese medieval war game that was on the PS2 or something.

Do you know how much that was annoying me until I remembered what it was called? Anyway, I presume you mean one of the three Kessen games. Or maybe even all of them; I've never played any entry in the series, making the annoyance even more baffling.

I think he was more referring to Dynasty Warriors.

Nope. Kessen seems more likely as dynasty warriors cinematics have a more crazy manga-esque feel to them with very outlandish fight scenes.

That was the worst fake i have ever seen, they could of at least made it try to look like a zelda game.

I hate pre-E3 apparent 'leaks'. Worse than April Fools and folk can never see that they're fake ¬_¬

The traditional Zelda formula is enjoyable, don't get me wrong, but I think Twilight Princess proved that people need a break from it for a while. It would also be far easier to integrate the Wii's features from the ground up.

I think that TP proved that Zelda needs a bit of a shake up. The game design is almost archaic now to the point where you kind of know what going to happen all the time. I think that they need to change the underlying design.

I think that TP proved that Zelda needs a bit of a shake up. The game design is almost archaic now to the point where you kind of know what going to happen all the time. I think that they need to change the underlying design.

That was what I was getting it. I just didn't want to wake up to find someone at my door wearing a poor man's Link cosplay complete with wooden, yet threatening, Master Sword.

Ah, I've finally remembered where it's from, it's a little known Dynasty Warriors-esque knock off set in medieval Europe called Bladestorm. The one they were trying to fob off as Link was actually Joan of Arc.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/25263.html

Hmm, and the reference to it in the comments below the video at 13:28 may have jogged your memory too :heh:

That was what I was getting it. I just didn't want to wake up to find someone at my door wearing a poor man's Link cosplay complete with wooden, yet threatening, Master Sword.

My Master Sword is made of the finest irons. And I just had my Hero's tunic steam cleaned.

That was awesome, I realise it's not real, but I wouldn't mind the next LoZ game being more epic in scale. The last one was awesome, but you kind of had the feeling that Link was the only one in hyrule who knew anything was going wrong!

That was awesome, I realise it's not real, but I wouldn't mind the next LoZ game being more epic in scale. The last one was awesome, but you kind of had the feeling that Link was the only one in hyrule who knew anything was going wrong!

But that battle looked like a recreation of the Battle of Pelennor Fields from LOTR, that's not Zelda at all. Link is supposed to be a lone hero - it would be nice if people were given a bit more emotion during the dark times though, I'll give you that.

Anyone who believed that fake to be real then shame on u! Sooooooo obvious.

On a slightly different note i am confident that nintendo will make the next zelda amazing as normal. They have done it with galaxy, mario kart etc (both better than there gamecube counter parts) and i can see them continuing with this trend.