NEurope
andywills

Whats happened to gamestation?

have you tried going onto find-dvd.co.uk and clicking on games? quite a good site

Yup, I also use that and Gamestracker. I have a bookmark folder in Firefox entitled "Games Orders" with links to the stores I mentioned, those two, HUKD and Quidco. Has saved me alot of money.

I didn't know they were bought out. On Edinburgh's high street, the 2 are about a 3 minute walk from each other, and Gamestation is WAy bigger, with more merchandise.

In Livingston (Almondvale Centre) we have 2 in the same "mall" building. Takes roughly 30 seconds to get from one to the other. Also, before Gamestation opened there was an Electronics Boutique, which was bought out by GAME, and for a while there were two GAME stores open within 30 yards of each other. When Gamestation opened up the old EB store was closed and the other GAME was refurbished.

Then GAME bought Gamestation a few months later:heh:

If you wanna see over GAME exposure, have a look at Southampton city centre.

Theres a total of FOUR stores within walking distance of each other,

-one in the main shopping centre,

-another close to the Sega Arcade,

-another store one on East Street which, if I recall, is less than 200 meters from the main shopping centre store and a tiiiiiiny concessions store in the debnenhams store. Madness, simply, madness.

That said, the store finder can only locate three of the store. Punch In SO14 OYN in the box to see how stupidly close they all are ;)

^ there's a hilarious example of that in Meadowhall shopping centre, you walk up the central stairs and if you just stand there, there's a GAME to your left and to your right, no further than 20m away.

Ah see with manchester I agree with you, everytime I walk in manchesters game (in arndale?) somebody comes up to me, somebody who seems to know wtf they and myself are on about and it's fantastic and they have a huge range of pre-owned. I also like the gamestation there, although small. But it's not too bad!

Crewe is irratating because the game shops are both small and the people in GAME itself don't seem to understand, although they do greet me which in a way is nice, but I always feel like I have to buy something because of how much they ask! so I prefer gamestation, the guys there seem to be ok, never had an issue, but then I'm in there that much!

I'm a bit mixed about GAME and Gamestation here myself, yes both are quite small though I think Gamestation tends to be busier. However I usually buy games from GAME, though Gamestation have a much larger selection when it comes to official merchandise.

I always feel like I'm going to get knifed.

I get the same feeling in CEX. Definitely the kind of shop where people could offload a days robbery.

^ there's a hilarious example of that in Meadowhall shopping centre, you walk up the central stairs and if you just stand there, there's a GAME to your left and to your right, no further than 20m away.

That's because one used to be EB.

Sure but there's no reason they couldn't sell up and get something else in there, or move to a double size store, doubt they would lose much business.

I'm a bit mixed about GAME and Gamestation here myself, yes both are quite small though I think Gamestation tends to be busier. However I usually buy games from GAME, though Gamestation have a much larger selection when it comes to official merchandise.

See that's where I start to draw the line, because gamestation does have a wider range which is why I go in there more often.

I think to me GAME the website is amazing, whereas GAMESTATION the store is better.

I can never fault GAME's website after sending me games for free delivery and on time. :)

Gamestation used to be pretty cool, at least the one I went to was - they had retro stuff out the ass, and the staff all looked fairly geeky... it's the way a store should be. That was a while ago though, and I had no idea they were bought out by Game recently.

As for buying games online, I tend to frequent http://www.gameplay.co.uk

Which is owned by GAME.

So it seems, I never really paid attention, weird that it doesn't just redirect to game's own site, though

So it seems, I never really paid attention, weird that it doesn't just redirect to game's own site, though

Why would it? This way they can have two different customer bases. People may dislike GAME but still use Gameplay, and vice versa.

Most of the big brand washing powders are owned by one of two companies.

IIRC, the GAME online store is a separate part of GAME. Whereas Gameplay is owned as the same people as the actual stores. Or something like that.

Not throwing a spanner in here but my local Chips store is fantastic. Obviously it's a franchise-bought shop so they are going to be hit and miss. But with a bit of haggling you can always get cheaper prices than Game or Gamestation. They NEED your service so a bit of banter is genuinely going to save you cash. I got the simpsons movie on Bluray for a tenner last week. - Only £5 off but it was £24 in Gamestation...Preowned.