NEurope
andywills

Whats happened to gamestation?

Went the Newcastle under lyme branch on saturday to trade some games in, i picked up a pre-owned copy of madden 08...handed it, he then said to me that there was no manual with the game was this okay, obviously, I said no, and he then snapped at me "Well I Can't Help You Then"...

Has there been some change in policy since being bought out by game to be a**holes?

Now that Gamestation have cut off all their retro stock, the whole store just seems pointless. GAME offer better prices in general too, and it's easier to get to from where I am.

Gamestation sold off their Retro section? What the christ?

Gamestation have really started to suck since they were bought by Game. Which is a shame. I mean, Game basically own the entire UK gaming market online and in store.

Gamestation sold off their Retro section? What the christ?

Gamestation have really started to suck since they were bought by Game. Which is a shame. I mean, Game basically own the entire UK gaming market online and in store.

Game are awful - the wipe not only reward card points, but friggin' gift cards too. :nono:

As for the fact they're rip off merchants, I say go to ShopTo.net.

Wait a sec, they wipe reward card points? I have like £9 in points at the moment, i can lose those?

Game are awful - the wipe not only reward card points, but friggin' gift cards too. :nono:

As for the fact they're rip off merchants, I say go to ShopTo.net.

What?

They do if you don't use them for like years and I know gift cards are valid for two years. If its been wiped before you have grounds to complain.

Anyway our local gamestation were always mooks anyway.

What?

They do if you don't use them for like years and I know gift cards are valid for two years. If its been wiped before you have grounds to complain.

I was told (by the person who served me) that reward card points go after a year, and the reward card had been used before. Thing is, not only do I know that it hadn't been used, why would I still have the card in my wallet if it had, more crucially, why the hell do they wipe gift cards? Pretty much any other shop in the UK I can think of lets you keep them for almost ever and still use them.

Oh well, my business with them never was a great deal, so I doubt they'll really care if I stop buying from them...

Actually, who's up for a boycott? :heh:

I've never had any problems with GAME. Always had friendly staff at the branch local to me when I used it for buying stuff, and since I started buying online I've found the GAME website to be the cheapest option 9 times out of 10.

I've NEVER stepped foot in a Gamestation! :o

My GAME is pretty good, Staff are quite helpful, though don't seem to know much about games! :p

All/most GAME and Gamestation staff don't get laid as much as they deserve to, so cut them some slack. As for GS getting rid of retro, it depends on the store that seems to be selling the best with whatever footfall they get.

Basically which ever store gets the richest students. Otherwise they just fill it pointless trashy tshirts and R/C Mario Karts.

I guess I'm pretty lucky, I don't think my gamestation has lost their retro bit, not just yet anyway, though the xbox bit has gotten considerably smaller.

It's a shame because I think game is annoying and too expensive for my liking and the staff are too old, (they have fourty year olds in my game, give me the god damn job) who half the time need to go and check to realise what I'm talking about.

Not only that but why the heck so I pay for a card to put points on? I nearly died when they said it was £3, it used to be free! I just wish there was other places similar to gamestation..

Yeah they're shit. (Oh talking about GAME)

They've become my official "Only go to if I have to" place, after they fucked up my GTA pre-order months after I did pre-order it.

They can honestly fuck off. No point going to them anyway when you can either ;

A) Dirt cheap and early release from Shopto

B) Normal price, and super early release from Independant retailer.

All/most GAME and Gamestation staff don't get laid as much as they deserve to, so cut them some slack.

when you put it like that, and thinking back, i think you might be right :bowdown:

Yeah they're shit. (Oh talking about GAME)

They've become my official "Only go to if I have to" place, after they fucked up my GTA pre-order months after I did pre-order it.

They can honestly fuck off. No point going to them anyway when you can either ;

A) Dirt cheap and early release from Shopto

B) Normal price, and super early release from Independant retailer.

+1, they do seem ok if you go in and buy items, like when I bought my wii they had the best offers, but in all honesty if I'd bought online, GAME would have been better. Although game just ticks me off because of my above reason and I wasn't waiting for it. :blank:

Actually Ive just realised they did something nice the other day...When I bought a DS lite they (first tried to sell it to me) then said they could give it to me for free, a £12.99 somekind of returns warranty from accidental damage and shit. So thats not too shabby, but generally meh.

The other week I walked into my local GameStation and found out that the place had doubled in size. I convinced them to accept my barely-working Gears of War (it had gotten pretty bad scratches somehow) that noone else would accept. They didn't even charge me for their disk cleaning thing.

The most bizarre thing....I somehow have a copy of Gears of War on my shelf, one in much better condition than the one I traded in. I have no idea where it came from.

I don't tend to buy games from high street stores anyway, but I quite like http://www.game.co.uk - you get double reward points on pre-orders (which you can just use like cash discounts on your next order), the prices are good and their free delivery comes really fast. Every pre-order I've done from their site has arrived a day or two early.

Went the Newcastle under lyme branch on saturday to trade some games in, i picked up a pre-owned copy of madden 08...handed it, he then said to me that there was no manual with the game was this okay, obviously, I said no, and he then snapped at me "Well I Can't Help You Then"...

Has there been some change in policy since being bought out by game to be a**holes?

This is a step-up from what I got: I wasn't even told there was no manual with the last pre-owned game I got from Gamestation, and didn't notice until I got home.

Its such a shame they stopped doing the retro stuff, thats what made me always go to Gamestation instead of Game.

I don't tend to buy games from high street stores anyway, but I quite like http://www.game.co.uk - you get double reward points on pre-orders (which you can just use like cash discounts on your next order), the prices are good and their free delivery comes really fast. Every pre-order I've done from their site has arrived a day or two early.

This is a step-up from what I got: I wasn't even told there was no manual with the last pre-owned game I got from Gamestation, and didn't notice until I got home.

Plus 11% Quidco and the fact theres always a £3 or £5 voucher floating about.

Don't get why everyone says it's expensive, I almost always find it to be the cheapest place to buy, and I always check ShopTo, Play, Gameplay, GAME and Amazon.

Plus 11% Quidco and the fact theres always a £3 or £5 voucher floating about.

Yes! I forgot about that but absolutely right, I always check HUKD then run through quidco.

Example,

Soul Calibur 4 for 360 is £39.99 (RRP £49.99) including delivery which will arrive 1-2 days early.

£3 voucher: £36.99

11% cashback with quidco: £32.92

and 800 reward points worth £2

And with this GAME exclusive case.

In fact... *orders now*

The only reason i used to go to Gamestation was for the Retro stuff. Although, they recently brought a lot of Wii games down in price which was definately needed. I mean TP for £33 pre owned? No chance.