NEurope
Cube

Google Street View

Go to maps.google.co.uk. There's a little man above the zoom bar - drag him somewhere (available locations will glow blue).

Ah, i get it. They still havn't done Bournemouth by the looks of it though :(

Or where i used to live in Birmingham. No fair!

Edited by Jav_NE

Or just type a location then click 'street view' on the result bubble.

Epic, been waiting for this for some time! Pity there's no St Albans/Luton/Guildford yet, but hey, it's still cool!

Ooh, try zooming out to a world view and drag the little man out of the zoom bar. The amount of the USA they've done is insane.

Rubbish. None of the houses I've lived in during the last three years (six) are on there. Sucks. Nor Game (only other postcode I could think of off the top of my head)

Did see Shorty and jay's house however :p

They've done Norwich but have yet to do either Bournemouth or Aldershot. Boo :heh:

I like it. I like it a lot.

Just found Mine and Happenstances favourite "hinese buffet" in Oxford.

Mine Haus.

The most visible building on the right. It's the victorian-like building wedged in between two modern ones.

That link brings up North America for me Paj.

My village isn't on there, meh.

That link brings up North America for me Paj.

Oh wankjob.

The world will just have to live without it for now.

They still havn't added harrogate, but I saw a google car (it had cameras on a kinda pillar on the top of the car) zoom down our drive a while back so assume it will appear at some point...

I thought this topic was bumped because of the news that pictures from Google's new Street View removed after concerns were voiced about invasion of privacy.

I find it funny that people are moaning about that and not at the government for putting street cameras all over the place.

Slight difference in the fact that anyone in the world (with an internet connection) can view the photos I guess Stephen.

The photos used in this are a strange mix of ages. Since my road is changing all the time (new shops, redeveloped buildings, knocked down buildings etc) it's pretty obvious. There's something missing from my window that I've had since last July, but at the same time the hotel at the end of the road is nearly built, which only reached that state about 2-3 months ago. And there's a Hancock advert on the side of a bus.

Slight difference in the fact that anyone in the world (with an internet connection) can view the photos I guess Stephen.

The same can be said about the webcams which are in the cities centers.