N-Europe

revoution controller

Infinete

im not sure if this has been asked yet but i could not fid it, so i'll ask it anyway.

As the revolutions controller is a you move it moves system, what does any think the ebst type of games wil it be best suited for (e.g foot ball, adventure) and why?

I personally be live that it will be best for sword fighting games, as you will get to use it as a sword and possibly have fullcontroll, meaning that you get to pull of a lot of kewl moves and cobos.

FPS and Wario Ware type games will suit it best by the looks of it. But Nintendo always build the controller around a Mario universe Launch title like the GC controller was built around Luigis Mansion. Whatever genre Nintendo make a game for it will work, when have they ever made a crap game?

I can see the controller really helping sort out the dreaded problem of the camera in 3D platformers...

Just hold down a button and move the controller around to move the camera easily and naturally, then release the button to lock it into place.

This kinda system would also be a delight in games with an expansive play area, RTS and the like.

The controller is great, but I'm still concerned that we need to be always pointing to tv....even if we don't get our arms tired I'm not used to be always with the controller in the same direction. (that's why I prefer to play consoles.) I only like to see this controller in a fps/rts game but I'm really concerned about the other types of games...I hope to be wrong

I'd also really like a swordfighting game on the Revo, the whole controller being the sword and of course as the pointer in ego shooter it's perfect. I'd like that there were ego shooters similar to the arcades with the lightguns where you just have to shoot everything and not bother about movement.

as someone said, I can see rts games being really intuitive in this game.

I mean, selecting units, I can see plenty of scope for that to be improved, accessing menu's (like unit creation/controlling resource production/collection) would be cool.

basically PC games. 3d platformers, to be honest, I can imagine monkey ball style control. ie you tilt the world (using the controller) to control movement.

I can imagine surgery games (like ds) popping up.

fighters could be interesting, as in I can see an end to button mashing, and potentially skill actually being required. ie being able to move the controller in particular manner to pull off a move.

the more I think of it the more I can see ways the controller would control.

and to those saying about pointing the controller at the screen, as I understand it the sensors don't have a clue where the tv is, it knows how far sensors in the controller are from sensors separate from the controller are. so there is unlikely to be a need for pointing the tv at the screen. I may be mistaken though.