N-Europe

Urgent ebay problem

Olympic Gamer

Okay, I recently bidded on a copy of The World Ends With You to give as a present for my mate.

Now, litrally 10 minutes after I bidded, I had an uneasy feeling, looked at the box and the item is clearly fake.

Its an american copy, with the 'Rated E for every one' sign, despite the fact its actually rated T and is not in the typical american DS software packaging.

Bid retraction will not let me withdraw my bid, so I have reported it. Unfortunately, it doesnt let me specify whats wrong with the item so I'm now stuck in the lead for the item and may even win it, but I'm not accepting a pirate copy that can fool customers.

What should I do? Just refuse to pay for it if I do win?

Guest bluey
I e-mailed Ebay themselves once reporting an item as fake...you then dont have to pay. They will withdraw your bid.

why wont bid retraction let you bid retract?? :wtf:

on a side note: i just scanned the barcode in your avatar and i freakin hate you :heh: do you actually know what it leads to?

The description states it is a brand new USA copy. Which purely isnt the case as he has obviously used a UK DS box and printed a fake US cover for it.

Its been reported, I've sent the user an email stating the following

Hello

This is more of a firm statement than a question unfortunately. After 10 minutes of bidding on your item and looking at information regarding it, I have realised your copy is of an unauthentic and illegal nature. This copy is pirated.

The box displays the incorrect american rating, and is in a UK DS software box rather than an american box

So I regret to announce that If I indeed win this item, I will NOT be paying for it. This listing was purely misleading and has been reported to ebay as an illegal listing

Cheeky bastard..

why wont bid retraction let you bid retract?? :wtf:

on a side note: i just scanned the barcode in your avatar and i freakin hate you :heh: do you actually know what it leads to?

You can only retract if you enter the wrong amount, seller has changed the item description and if contact with the seller has been lacking.

EDIT:

Box in question as shown in the auction

eaa8_1.JPG

However, the real US box is the following

theworldendswithyouwj8.jpg

Guest bluey

You can only retract if you enter the wrong amount, seller has changed the item description and if contact with the seller has been lacking.

so... just say you entered the wrong amount..? its been a while since i sold/bought anything on ebay i know they've changed a fair few things since then... but can you not just... y'know... lie? :grin:

so... just say you entered the wrong amount..? its been a while since i sold/bought anything on ebay i know they've changed a fair few things since then... but can you not just... y'know... lie? :grin:

Haha nah it cant work that way, you have to enter the correct amount straight afterwards, and it only applies so certain errors like a number next to it, an extra digit or something.

Smart system.

Guest bluey
Haha nah it cant work that way, you have to enter the correct amount straight afterwards, and it only applies so certain errors like a number next to it, an extra digit or something.

Smart system.

how much did you bid?

Guest bluey
£12, however, if I say I meant to bid £1.20, it wont allow that as the bid before mine was at £3.

well thats me all out of ideas... ebay should back you up if the item is fake tho :smile: so dont sweat it too much!

..seriously... your av! that barcode.....!!?

Guest Jordan

Off topic:

Barcode scanning is pretty recent in mobiles, most western ones don't have it... plus the link is fairly funny.

On topic:

I tried to do this before, i really fucking hate when sellers wouldn't let you retract your bid.

One time, i was bidding on an item and was out bid. So i was like "hmm okay i'll buy it else where." So i did. Then the person who bidded withdrew his bid, meaning i had to buy it. I was like "well, its okay, i have 8 hours left which is enough time to retract mine."

The guy who was running the auction didn't sit down to his computer till after the auction ended and demanded that i paied. He said "i didn't see it before it was up, so its a valid bid" even though as stated i retracted before the time period.

I ended up having to buy the item, since ebay support did FUCK all apart from try to suspend my account. Cocks.

Off topic:

Barcode scanning is pretty recent in mobiles, most western ones don't have it... plus the link is fairly funny.

On topic:

I tried to do this before, i really fucking hate when sellers wouldn't let you retract your bid.

One time, i was bidding on an item and was out bid. So i was like "hmm okay i'll buy it else where." So i did. Then the person who bidded withdrew his bid, meaning i had to buy it. I was like "well, its okay, i have 8 hours left which is enough time to retract mine."

The guy who was running the auction didn't sit down to his computer till after the auction ended and demanded that i paied. He said "i didn't see it before it was up, so its a valid bid" even though as stated i retracted before the time period.

I ended up having to buy the item, since ebay support did FUCK all apart from try to suspend my account. Cocks.

Wow, what dicks. I'd just refuse to pay. I'm not going to pay for shit thats pirated.