NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
BigTac

Titles in development for Revolution

I will not give out name of titles that haven't been announced yet. So I will just give you an idea of what I know on how much is in development for the Revolution. Obviously I don't know every single title or have info on every developer that working on the console this is from several of my sources(co-workers, word straight from developers directly to me throught meetings and/or visits,) And just to make it clear, despite the fact that I have talked with lots of people I still don't know the specs 100%. I don't even now everything about the system itself.

Ubisoft = 5 titles / 3 for launch date. I think this number will of course increase, from what people at Ubi have talked to me about system. I think Ubisoft will have lots of people talking when they show off their Revolution software.

EA = You can expect your usual Sports titles, along with their other racing,action... games. They launch numbers would depend on exectly when exactly the system launches. For those whoo think that EA will just simply port over their games and leave them the same your wrong. I love some of the ideas they have for some of the sports games. Haven't really heard what their thinking for other genre.

Activision = 3 titles / 2 for launch date. Saw game concepts for one title in September.

SquareEnix = 2 titles / 1 at launch date. I would expect this to rise.

BandaiNamco = 3 titles / 2 for launch date.

THQ = 3 titles / 1-2 for launch.

Konami/Kojima = 4 titles / 2 for launch. I hear that we will have 2 titles from Kojima. I know you have heard the rumor that Kojima is working on a classic Nintendo franchise and if it turns out to be true then I hope it's Kid Icarus.

That's all for now. I will try to give you an idea of what to expect from Nintendo (including Zoonami,Camelot), Atari, Sega, and Capcom ASAP.

A new Kid Icarus would make be sweet but this all sounds a bit random. Since when do Square, Namco, or Konami ever have launch games?

To simply put it I am a video game industry insider/journalist. I started shortly after E3 '04'. I attended E3 I attended E3 for the first time in this past May. I got my job through good word of mouth by a former employee at NoA.

Revolution will launch 3rdQuarter 06. August/Sept most likely. Worldwide!

At least you're not an ex-employee from nintendo. That list is so sweet!

I BELIEVE!!!

To simply put it I am a video game industry insider/journalist. I started shortly after E3 '04'. I attended E3 I attended E3 for the first time in this past May. I got my job through good word of mouth by a former employee at NoA.

no offence mate, the things u have said are very plausable, what else did u say here that have come true?

wow. the opposing systems get a lovely headstart. and we all thought that the gamecube was behind the 8-balll to begin with....

oh well, at least my honors year at uni wont get distracted.

Mkay, and when will we get to see some games? Or perhaps nintendo confirm your information?

wow. the opposing systems get a lovely headstart. and we all thought that the gamecube was behind the 8-balll to begin with....

oh well, at least my honors year at uni wont get distracted.

Who said Nintendo will be last ones out. I still have reason too believe that Sony won't have PS3 out worldwide until the end of 2006. If somehow they do manage to get a spring release it won't be worldwide. This is what was going around about a month ago on the PS3 release: Japan = April-August / US = August-September / Europe = Sept-November.

Also I just don't go out and start making predictions I'm not some person claiming to know everything. As far as predictions being made I don't know. But I am 110% sure about the time period for a 3rd quarter worldwide launch of the Revolution.

First of all I expect some actual titles to be announced before the end of the year, from Nintendo and 3rd parties. If not it will be in January. I think it's no way Nintendo can go all the way until E3 to show game footage and screenshots. Maybe something is planned for GDC in March?.

I was gonna tell you guys earlier that Wario Ware will be at launch. But the reason I didn't mention it is because I thought everyone already knew that. This is a game that shows off what the controller can do.

Also I just don't go out and start making predictions I'm not some person claiming to know everything. As far as predictions being made I don't know. But I am 110% sure about the time period for a 3rd quarter worldwide launch of the Revolution.

110% ? But how can that be humanly possible? :p

hey, thanks heaps for the info BigTac.

Yea cheers BigTac :), only recently have i found out that quite alot of people on these forums are in the gaming business :D if any1 is a game developer please help me choose the right courses for college and uni tbh ^_^ (was going for huddersfield uni)

Thanx for the info BigTac, I have admit I am a bit sceptical, but I hope you are for real. A launch line up like that would be awesome.

Since when do Square, Namco, or Konami ever have launch games?

Namco i know for a fact release launch games (ps2 tekken tag) konami most probably have, but i am sure square dont.

But anyway nice list and good news lets hope some of these ubisoft games are amazing.

Edit: What i just noticed which is the icing on the cake is that none of these titles are by nintendo :shock: they are all 3rd partys if true wow revolution is going to have the best launch ever!

... Just need smash brothers for launch *fingers crossed*

Man I hope Square-Enix give us a PROPER RPG this time around and utilizes the Revolution well, finger's crossed eh?

@BigTac: You said you don't know the technical specifications 100% but could you share (if you want to and are allowed to tell) what you know so far?

@BigTac: You said you don't know the technical specifications 100% but could you share (if you want to and are allowed to tell) what you know so far?

I wanna know more things just like you but somethings are best no to be known.

Sega = 3 titles / 1 title for launch.

Atari = 2 titles /

Capcom = 2 titles / maybe 1 for launch.

Nintendo = 10 titles / 3-5 titles at launch. Expect Metroid Prime 3/Mario to be at launch date. 2 new franchises that are in development, one may be at launch date. I hear the Wario Ware will be at launch date. I have heard about at least 3 new genre/wierd/different titles that will come out. SSB will probally be at launch but I think they should keep it until holiday season. I think Nintendo have to have one of the big franchises for November release. If MP3,Mario,SSB are at launch I don't know what they would have for November. Nintendo will have a hard time deciding with 3rd parties also what should be at launch date or the weeks after. And of course they will need to have something big for the holidays.

Camelot = 2 titles / 1 for launch.

Zoonami = 2 titles / 1 for launch. This title formally know as "Game Zero" is huge! That's all I have to say. This has Killer app potential.

New news I just heard assuming it's true: PS3 will launch in Japan Sept. US might also come in September-November. Europe in November.

Revolution may come out later then I previolsy thought. I heard a September-October US/Japan launch. October-November launch for Europe.

So Sounds like Nintendo and Sony might just have a big battle sometime around the 3rd quarter. I was told again that a Spring launch in any terrortory for PS3 is possible but not likely. Hopefully Nintendo beat out Sony on launch shipments, knowing how bad Sony is they most likely will.

While we're dreaming, when do we get to the part where all 3rd parties join hands and dance around Iwata.

Hey Big Tac do you have any idea when Twilight Princess will be out?

It's sometime Q2 worldwide.

And if most of this is true BigTac, I'm sure you'll be trusted afterward :smile:

Sign in to follow this