N-Europe

"Project Deluge" (New Zelda?)

Gizmo

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's fake i reckon. Why?

Because that sounds far too good to be true.

I bare agreement to this, sadly.

Playing a crazy guy that thinks he's Link is kinda nice, potentially pretty cool, although I'm not sure I wanted to see a Zelda like this.

But asides from that I don't really see what's that good about the idea- I mean, wow, deep backstory, realistic rivers, the guy gets more muscular, steampunk things, how the hell is that an original concept? It's like 80% to atract idiots (muscles, disturbed guy, dark backstory!) and the other things part of the web's wishlist (bigger, WW did it right in terms of overworld-which they oficially said the opposite lol-,orchestrated music, voice acting, steampunk) mainly for people who "didn't like" TP. And flooding in real time? That's actually kind of nice although it could end up being restrictive it's a cool idea the only idea there that could possible make a game interesting as it's the only thing related to gameplay.

Well of course you don't...Its...you. ;P

This is obviously the greatest ever Tingle game. :)

Other than that, everyone is entitled to their dream. Nintendo would never give an interview with this many details - this early. And before the game has even been seen? Nah. I like the concept though. But it does sound like a fan fic writers wet dream.

And it can still fit into the whole "the hero never came"

Exactly, all I could think about throughout the entire "interview" was Tingle. Too close to the bone me thinks.

A guy who wants to be Link...and dresses like him...

yep, it's all about the Tingle see? :p

Well of course you don't...Its...you. ;P

Posts like these just make even more right lol Seriously, most of those ideas are the kind of ideas you wave to frat boys that think they're "hardcore" gamers and they go all wooow. Asides from the world becoming innacessible instead of the other way around there isn't a single gameplay prospect in there, just generic fanfic wishlist ideas.

Posts like these just make even more right lol Seriously, most of those ideas are the kind of ideas you wave to frat boys that think they're "hardcore" gamers and they go all wooow. Asides from the world becoming innacessible instead of the other way around there isn't a single gameplay prospect in there, just generic fanfic wishlist ideas.

"Nintendo Traditionalists" - such as yourself - would probably be happy with another TP offering. For most however, Zelda is now a stale and predictable franchise, to garner my interest something has to change drastically.

"Nintendo Traditionalists" - such as yourself - would probably be happy with another TP offering. For most however, Zelda is now a stale and predictable franchise, to garner my interest something has to change drastically.

A Nintendo traditionalist that didn't swear to destroy Nintendo when they revealed WW, that loves PH and FSA who is drastically different and that didn't go mental when Metroid Prime was anounced to be an FPS.

Also it's a stale franchise that introduced music-centric gameplay and various revolutions to the games with OoT, mask transformations. time control and 3-day cycle with MM, completly different graphical style and sailing in WW, transforming into a wolf (so predictable, we didn't even know or start specualting when they hinted it in the trailer) and using senses and completly new platforming style and introducing motion and pointing controls for the first time in the franchise (well, in game history actually). Do I even need to talk about the 2D/handheld ones?

Of course you are going to credit everything to my fanboyism, because you can't ever look past that, but the fact it I back my thinking up and I don't think a franchise that manages to both mantain its aura while each game feeling different from the others is stale, TP is the first Zelda to be close to OoT and it still has new things that makes it a completly different experience.

A portuguese philosopher once said "Let's not get to fucking extremes."(roughly translated), which is what you do. I like what's good, I like the Zelda formula, I welcome change when it's good, I do not, however treat some completly uninspired ideas like they're the best next thing because a game didn't live up to some expectations, that let's face it, they're never met, rarely are nintendo fans happy with what they do.

Not to mention, like I said before nothing in that idea asides from flooding and non-Link character shows any mindblowing change.

A Nintendo traditionalist that didn't swear to destroy Nintendo when they revealed WW, that loves PH and FSA who is drastically different and that didn't go mental when Metroid Prime was anounced to be an FPS.

Also it's a stale franchise that introduced music-centric gameplay and various revolutions to the games with OoT, mask transformations. time control and 3-day cycle with MM, completly different graphical style and sailing in WW, transforming into a wolf and using senses and completly new platforming style and introducing motion and pointing controls for the first time in the franchise (well, in game history actually). Do I even need to talk about the 2D/handheld ones?

Of course you are going to credit everything to my fanboyism, because you can't ever look past that, but the fact it I back my thinking up and I don't think a franchise that manages to both mantain its aura while each game feeling different from the others is stale, TP is the first Zelda to be close to OoT and it still has new things that makes it a completly different experience.

A portuguese philosopher once said "Let's not get to fucking extremes."(roughly translated), which is what you do. I like what's good, I like the Zelda formula, I welcome change when it's good, I do not, however treat some completly uninspired ideas like they're the best next thing because a game didn't live up to some expectations, that let's face it, they're never met, rarely are nintendo fans happy with what they do.

Not to mention, like I said before nothing in that idea asides from flooding and non-Link character shows any mindblowing change.

what the...you're acting like TP brought something new to the table lol.

These ideas are great, they seem like the next logical step for a zelda game. The game can feel different but still have the same zelda mechanics weaved in and that's what made the differences between ocarina and MM just awesome.

Who the hell is Kyle, haha, no indication of what publication he works for either, obvious fake, and no way anyone at Nintendo would give away that much information this far from E3 even under NDA.

Interesting ideas though.

I like the idea of a more story focused game, while I think Zelda games have always told pretty awesome stories, especially given the minimal amount cut scenes and conversations, they've still done pretty bloody well, OOT is still one of my fav games and game stories.

Greater attention to a storyline with some voice acting I would like to see, so long as it is done right and gives a good epic feel, like a good RPG. But of course still retaining the great gameplay Zelda is known for.

The idea of the Hero not being Link.... well interesting for the setting, Wind Waker Timeline, pre-flood, a good way to get around the problem of Link not appearing when Gannondorf came back. But if they did that it just wouldn't be Zelda, maybe as a spin off title, but not as part of the main series.... Plus how fun would it really be playing a game when you know the outcome and not just that but you know you will fail?

Trains and Muskets? Bad idea, too "Old West", Zelda is not Zelda with out a medieval setting. What else, Link/NotLink with a green cowboy hat?

Real-time flooding? If you wanted to make an epic storyline and characterization why oh why would you then restrict the playtime so much?

It did, like I said, it was close to OoT, not revolutionary, but it was different, specially the wolf platorming, this, coupled with the wiimote made the game different.

Seriously you say it yourself. It feels different! Isn't that what matters? You're playing a game that feels differently than the previous and the series and it's stale?

I was going to put that in the original post, just because it has the same gameplay style, i.e lock on, context sensitive that doesn't mean it's the same or stale, I just think it's a huge exageration. Specially when everyone begged for another OoT.

The ideas feel great? What, voice acting, deeper, darker stories, orchestrated? Sure, it's a step forward (not sure about story and voice acting depends on execution), but these are great ideas? I mean, the ideas that EVERYONE always say on forums? Things that are normal logical steps, you think that this implemented in a "stale" series, makes it less stale?

Of course that they need to do something big with the "main" series (home consoles) soon, but up until now, it never felt stale or like a re-hash to me, which is more than I can say for most games.

*sigh* I never got how "lol you're defending what Nintendo does" is supposed to be an insult, or downplay, or whatever. People have different stances on everything. How come defending Nintendo makes his opinion less valid?

There are reasons as to why most Zeldas are considered good. A major one is "gameplay concept first, story and setting later".

Why do you want an epic story as the basis of the game? If TP had orchestrated music or voice acting, would you consider it a 5 star game? Or "the game we've been waiting for"? It sounds more like a movie, y'know.

Even if TP was somewhat unoriginal when compared to other Zelda games, it still brought some new stuff to the table, like the Spinner, the Ball&Chain, the sword techniques, innovative dungeon design,...

Yet what many fans demand is "Epicness! Realism! Darkness! Explain plot-holes! Become LotR!" and etc.

The rain system is innovative... But is also very, very different from what Zelda does. Maybe they could do a spin-off, or a new IP altogether.

The muskets and trains... I'm not against it, as long as it retains the medieaval setting. An on-rail vehicle serves as a train, and I can easily see that in a Zelda game. The muskets could work...as the weapons the guards use against monsters, but fail :heh:.

@Hellfire: The "portuguese philosopher" is you, right? :wink:

I can't believe people are actually thinking these are good ideas. "Steam-punk" influence? This ain't Final Fantasy. I love it when you get this people who try and make Zelda cooler than it is: guns and phycological depth and a dark story-line. It's a game about a 10 year old in a dress. If your too embarrassed to be seen playing it, don't. Get over it. Now if you want the series to move forward you talk about the gameplay. Remember that? It's that thing that differentiates a game from a movie. I mean this is written by a guy who thought the best part of Wind Waker was the opening cut-scene. A freaking cut-scene for god-sake. If I had it my way there would not be one cutscene in the entire game. Just 100% pure gameplay. Anyway I want the series to take a break anyway. Go into hibernation for a generation. Let some new ideas build up.

It would be interesting if the flood idea was such that areas did not get cut off, but really they were changed, so that new puzzles emerged that would make use of different weapons/items/transformations. In other words, if you find these places holding secret items or mini dungeons before the flood (possibly on a second play through) they would be totally differently structured compared to when the flood happens.

I for one think that this could be incredible.

I've wanted a deeper story, and part of that should mean that Hyrule evolves from games previous in the Zelda timeline. There should be new technologies, more towns, a bigger explored world... maybe even different countries.

But before Nintendo give us stuff like muskets, I'd like to see stuff like crossbows.

Like I've said, I'd like to see the return of the races from OOT and maybe a few more games (the Shiekah, Gerudos, Kokiri).

Why does everyone treat the next Zelda as if it will be the last?

So what if Nintendo casts a wannabe as the protagonist, or has a rain system, or has you taking out enemies with a musket. Its just one chapter of many in a never-ending and always enjoyable series.

O Sr. Manel, "Não cheguemos a extremos nem o caralho".

I've adapted it in my lifestyle though. lol

...WTF was that...?

He used it in a different context...but it's a good saying.

"Nem que o fodam 10 vezes" also has tons of potential. That man is the people's philosopher. You don't find many of these anymore.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!