New Wii Update 3.3

Chanser

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jordan
It's possible it will be on the smash bros disk so if you are planning on buying that...

Got the NTSC version and played it to the death.

1. Stops Twilight hack

2. You can now move your Miis into your Mii Parade

3. Stops Homebrew Channel and makes the other wii channels stop working.

4. Stops Freeloader.

Well I say good on Nintendo they have every right to use such measures to counter piracy.

Guest Jordan
Well I say good on Nintendo they have every right to use such measures to counter piracy.

Theres a difference between homebrew and piracy.

As for the freeloader,alot of 360 games from Asia do not have region coding, theres no region coding on the PSP, PS3 or DS its such an old stupid tactic and i personally don't understand the reasoning behind it.

We had to wait 5 months for Smash Bros. Thats completely unacceptable and i was within my rights to import it.

Theres a difference between homebrew and piracy.

As for the freeloader,alot of 360 games from Asia do not have region coding, theres no region coding on the PSP, PS3 or DS its such an old stupid tactic and i personally don't understand the reasoning behind it.

We had to wait 5 months for Smash Bros. Thats completely unacceptable and i was within my rights to import it.

Yes I know there is a difference between homebrew and piracy but the two do tend to come hand in hand and whilst yes there are people who just use such things for homebrew I'm afraid they fair out weigh those people who use it for piracy.

As for the freeloader I have very little sympathy. Yes a lot of other consoles are region free. But at the end of the day Nintendo make the consoles and manage their distribution infrastructure etc... they have every right to incorporate region locking, just as people feel they have the right to import. They are not obliged to stop using it just because other companies have decided to and it is not as if it is a Nintendo created idea.

People knew they were buying a region locked console on day one if you wanted to import seriously, as were that opposed to European delays buy a US or JAP console rather than buying a cheap piece of software that we all knew would eventually be blocked.

1. Stops Twilight hack

4. Stops Freeloader.

Still unconfirmed. A few people are reporting the Homebrew channel still works.

Looks like we have the new PSP ladies and gentleman. It'l be cracked soon, I'm off to GBATemps to find out more.

Okay, homebrew channel STILL WORKS. If you use homebrew, I suggest you install this before you go updating.

Hacked VC games and saves still work

How does Homebrew allow you to download VC/WiiWare for free?

It doesnt =S but hacked VC games do exist.

"...we can confirm that on every occasion that the product is used when the disc is inserted in the console that it allows the usage of any imported Wii game discs and disables the console from been able to update its firmware, if the disc is removed after been inserted and reinserted this will again enable the console to update its firmware but still allow the usage of the any imported Wii game discs," said Datel.

Any body tried this? Instructions seem a bit vague to me (As I dont own a Wii)

1. Stops Twilight hack

4. Stops Freeloader.

1. I was going to try this, but I'd rather update my Wii, as there's future game I'll probably get. At least it gives me a reason to sell/trade in Twilight Princess.

2. Meh.

3. Again, not fussed.

4. I'm glad I waited for the Euro release of SSBB, though I would have liked to get the uber gory US version of No More Heroes...

Any body tried this? Instructions seem a bit vague to me (As I dont own a Wii)

I sleepily updated early this morning without thinking and only when I checked here did I find out the error of my ways! The FL is automatically blocked on the first insertion whether or not it is placed in the console when off or when the Wii menu is displayed, prompting you to turn off the console before you can proceed. Therefore any hope of the double-insertion which was used for the initial Brawl update becomes impossible. Let's hope Datel bring out some kind of counter-measure for this.

Understandable about Nintendo wanting to block homebrew and other related hacks and I suppose the blocking of the Freeloader was inevitable.

Am pissed about this though , so won't be updating. Region locking in this day and age is crazy and why should I bother having to go through the hassle of importing a machine just to play some of the US sports titles that I enjoy (and yes , I already knew what I was buying into with region locking , but it's still a dated notion).

I won't be buying Brawl (Pal or NTSC) so will have to see what game next has this update on. I did plan on giving Brawl a look to see if I can finally get an appreciation for the series , always felt it was over-rated , but after this decision by Nintendo this is definitely -1 in sales from me.

I sleepily updated early this morning without thinking and only when I checked here did I find out the error of my ways! The FL is automatically blocked on the first insertion whether or not it is placed in the console when off or when the Wii menu is displayed, prompting you to turn off the console before ou can proceed. Therefore any hope of the double-insertion which was used for the initial Brawl update becomes impossible. Let's hope Datel bring out some kind of counter-measure for this.

It wouldnt suprise me if they start to obtain and modify firmware upgrades like ipod hacks have done.

Well, my imported copy of Brawl stopped working a week ago anyway, and I doubt we'll be able to avoid the update forever, if we want future updates, so it looks like I might as well update and start Brawl again with the PAL copy next week. :( It's still ridiculous that we've had to wait this long for Brawl, though, so I'm not surprised so many people have imported.