Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2008/2009

Ramar

Wow, maybe we were too big for Keano...:shakehead

Deffo - who do you want in now, Rijkaard or Mourinho? Mackem on Sky Sports news has just said you should get O'Neill as he's done a good job at Villa :heh:

On the other hand, Allerdyce is still available :)

I reckon Keanurr will be off to Celtic before the season's out, that or the Irish national team.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bit of a bizarre scenario yet he's been making shocking decisions and the same errors for months. (Shitehead as captain!? Noswothy for Ferdinand?! Chopra out on loan and keeping Murphy?!)

He should have had a number 2 of some experience but Keane is his own man. At least he gave it a go I guess...

I personally think big Sam would be a good fit for us with the current players we have but a lot of ppl seem to hate his style.

A few ppl are also saying no-one would want to come to manage us. I don't think that's true. We've got a half decent team there and the board (and Quinn) still have the best interests of the club at heart. There's also money available.

But yeah, football is a results based business. It would be a shame to see RK leave football as I have nothing but thanks for him. but yeah, strange situation. thought he would have stuck it.

Interesting to contrast with the Keegan saga - looks like Keegan's leaving, Sky Sports News grinds to a halt and reports on nothing else for 3 days. Keano looks like he's leaving and they're showing last nights carling cup goals, Kevin Pietersen and Amir Khan.

Realistically I think the best you can hope for is Phil Brown, but whether he'd leave a Hull side on such a high I dunno.

Mixed response on the Sunderland message board, some of the posts make the idea of Newcastle fans having unrealistic expectations a bit laughable mind - but to be fair there are also mackems who understand reality as well.

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/forumdisplay.php?f=86

Aye, it's kicking off lol. Shitehawks and bat shit insane folk as usual.

Ooooo, what's Martin Jol upto these days?

Interesting to contrast with the Keegan saga - looks like Keegan's leaving, Sky Sports News grinds to a halt and reports on nothing else for 3 days. Keano looks like he's leaving and they're showing last nights carling cup goals, Kevin Pietersen and Amir Khan.

That's probably as we're cloak and dagger whereas the NUFC media circus was in full effect! :heh:

If anything we were too cloak and dagger, there was media speculation he'd walked and no word from the club for 3 days solid, no press releases, no mention on the official site, nowt.

action-man-roy.jpg

After days of speculation following their 4-1 home defeat by Bolton, Roy Keane has now walked out on the mackems.

Facial hair disagreements are believed to be at the centre of the dispute between the Action Man model and his smooth -chinned Chairman.

An RSPCA spokesman said:

"this is a great day for the canine population of the region, who need live in fear no longer".

Keane is believed to be a contender for the vacant Huddersfield Town job, having shown interest in the position when he heard their nickname was The Terriers.

PS: Talking himself up to anyone will listen as a candidate to take over at the stadium of plight is none other than Sam Allardyce, the currently unemployed former Toon boss and ex-mackem player.

A warning about Allerdyce, if you give him the job be prepared for him to drop your best players on the basis that they didn't have an optimum heartrate in training according to all his crazy computerised shit. That's how we played Alan Smith week in, week out in spite of him being worse than useless.

Keane done a great job saving sunderland and getting them back in the premiership but he has blown a lot money since then and has not been getting results. Shame he has gone, I reckon he could have turned it around to be honest but oh well.

Mind you, I'd say Niall Quinn is our real saviour ;)

On the one hand, any manager in the world would like to be backed as much as he's backed Keane so that might attract a higher calibre manager to the job. On the other hand, is there any money left after Keano's spending spree (Sunderland were the sixth highest spenders in the world in the summer)? And are the players he's bought going to bring in much money if they're sold on by a new gaffer who wants to bring his own men in?

Doesn't seem like the players are too sad to see him go

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/sunderland/3551680/Sunderland-players-celebrate-after-Roy-Keane-resigns-Football.html

Roy Keane's shock departure as Sunderland manager sparked celebration among the players, it emerged on Thursday night.

Resigning by text message and then refusing to answer his phone to Niall, classy.

MSK Zilina. Remember that name. :nono:

Now, I didn't see this match at all. Not because I wasn't watching it on telly, but because I was actually at the stadium, yet I was...working.

Good that. I've taken a small job of selling matchday programmes down the Villa. The pluses are that I get to watch the game for free, get a free programme and that's basically it. But watching the game for free, although you don't see all of it, is still a big plus point. And the programme for this match was a swanky special edition that cost the other buggers £5. I got that one, and one for the Ajax game, for free. The bad points to this are that the pay is practically fuck all for a few hours work (I only got £10), and it's winter.

I was actually very busy, though. I saw none of the first half, and when I got the chance during the second half, I just decided to do something that you really shouldn't; I left early. (You should never do that.) :shakehead

On the plus side to the match. Our goal was by a promising youngster named Nathan Delfouneso (remember the name: Dell-fonce-oh), who I really hope becomes a star player in our squad in a few years from now.

Not only that, but we have now actually qualified for the next round. (Hamburg lost to Slavia Prague.)

But the biggest highlight, to me, of today, was seeing a properly empty Villa Park at night.

Seeing it in pictures and on telly does nothing. Seeing the enormous Holte End without thousands and thousands of Brummies, all cheering on the Villa, was just amazing. It's burnt into my mind, seeing it in real life.

Even though the job isn't much. It's still pretty cool to say that I work for Aston Villa. I also hope that this is just me getting my foot in the door to get another job, a proper job, at Villa. :smile:

Wow, can't believe Keane has gone, and I was pretty saddened to hear it when I was told this by a friend.

Reading up on it, and seeing the views on here, you have to feel for him and Sunderland. Also, Newcastle fans, you may laugh, but you can only dream of having such a respected manager to achieve what he achieved at your club. He's done so much already, and he believes that he left for the good of the club. What's he got planned now? Nobody knows, but he did what he thought was right, and even the persuasiveness of Niall Quinn couldn't stop him from going.

I would have prefered him to stay, as he really made the job and role his own. Good luck to him whatever he does next.

Also, Newcastle fans, you may laugh, but you can only dream of having such a respected manager to achieve what he achieved at your club.

What, at the moment or ever? A respected manager? It's his first job, he's spent an absolute fortune, had an awful run of results and made some baffling team selections (players starting one game, not even on the bench the next), a sizeable portion of the crowd turned against him and he quit. This was supposed to be his stepping stone to the Man U job when Fergie retired, do you think he's got any chance of being taken on any half decent English side now?

What, at the moment or ever? A respected manager? It's his first job, he's spent an absolute fortune, had an awful run of results and made some baffling team selections (players starting one game, not even on the bench the next), a sizeable portion of the crowd turned against him and he quit. This was supposed to be his stepping stone to the Man U job when Fergie retired, do you think he's got any chance of being taken on any half decent English side now?

(at the moment) Look at the bigger picture. Sunderland are a team who have struggled for quite some time, and he brought them from the brink of the Championship, to a second season in the top flight. For a manager's first job, that's quite an effort.

He's made mistakes, and spent an absolute fortune, but money does not buy you success. Look at Man City, that Jo is hardly setting the world on fire. He's still learning, and you can only learn from evaluating the bad. Nobody ever has a flawless day, and everything can be improved upon in some way. Sometimes luck doesn't go your way, and you can only overcome your inexperience by doing your job and learning from that.

So far, up to this point in the season, it hasn't been great for him. He's decided to step down, for the good of the team. I respect him for that, and he probably will be succeeded by someone with more managerial experience. To say that he's got no chance of being taken on by any half decent English side is quite a bold statement to make, imo. He looked to strengthen the club, so his intentions were right, and the moves must have been backed by the board. He showed ambition, and I look forward to seeing what he can do next.

He got them promoted from an utterly shite league, even Mick McCarthy did that. Money doesn't guarantee success but when you spend more money than Liverpool, Man U, Chelsea and Arsenal during the summer you can't justify your pay packet while being on a losing streak in the relegation zone at Christmas with half the fans booing you. He's left them with a team full of over-priced duds and mercenaries and it's going to take someone pretty special to come in and salvage the mess he left behind when he bottled it and walked out - and that's a view point you'll find amongst a fair amount of mackems, never mind Newcastle fans (many of whom spent the day on message boards praying that the rumours weren't true and he was going to stay)

ROY KEANE ruled Sunderland with a ferocious anger and explosive mood swings that left players and staff in a constant state of fear.

Today, we can lift the lid on the remarkable dressing-room tantrums, confrontations and bust-ups that turned Sunderland into a ticking timebomb.

SunSport can reveal the former Manchester United star:

* Hurled foul-mouthed tirades at both senior and young players

* Lashed out with his arms and legs as his temper boiled over

* Blanked players for no apparent reason

* And launched into a bizarre kung-fu attack — on a training chalkboard!

It was this last episode that graphically summed up the madness of King Roy.

At half-time during one game this season, Keane asked one of his assistants to set up the tactics board while he disappeared into the toilet.

He returned to launch a kung-fu kick at the object, sending it flying into the wall of the dressing room.

He then called three different players a ‘c***’ and took a swipe at another one, only just missing his jaw.

More:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article2006549.ece

Wonder if the chalk board had tripped him up on his way to the toilet the week before and he was waiting to get his revenge?

Hack the board!

23i8geb.jpg

I actually feel a bit sorry for the fella, he looked pretty despondent when he left the ground for the last time

46704219ju2hf9.jpg

More:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article2006549.ece

Wonder if the chalk board had tripped him up on his way to the toilet the week before and he was waiting to get his revenge?

Hack the board!

23i8geb.jpg

I actually feel a bit sorry for the fella, he looked pretty despondent when he left the ground for the last time

46704219ju2hf9.jpg

Don't believe everything you read in The Sun mate.

He got them promoted from an utterly shite league, even Mick McCarthy did that. Money doesn't guarantee success but when you spend more money than Liverpool, Man U, Chelsea and Arsenal during the summer you can't justify your pay packet while being on a losing streak in the relegation zone at Christmas with half the fans booing you. He's left them with a team full of over-priced duds and mercenaries and it's going to take someone pretty special to come in and salvage the mess he left behind when he bottled it and walked out - and that's a view point you'll find amongst a fair amount of mackems, never mind Newcastle fans (many of whom spent the day on message boards praying that the rumours weren't true and he was going to stay)

You make some good points but I wouldn't say the Championship (nor the teams in it) are shite. I'd know...I've seen enough of it lol.

He bought poorly but that's easy to say in hindsight. It was a struggle getting players to actually come to the club in the first place. Footballers are mostly a bunch of tossers these days. So I'm currently down and therefore cynical but I think I'm allowed to be!

I want Allardyce but not many around here do.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!