Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2008/2009

Ramar

To be fair, me and Dyson always talk about the matches. So does Daft. But you are always more likely to talk about a team when they are doing well rather than losingish right?

Actually DuD kept the spirit going even when West Brom were going down :p

Yeah, I see you and Dyson in here quite often. Although, sometimes it's mooonths before you see another Chelsea fan in here. :D

To be fair, no matter the result, you can always bet that Ramar and DuD will come in here. I try to accept defeat graciously, even though it leaves me a moody bastard a lot of the time, haha.

Also, Mowbray wouldn't be my first choice as boss for Celtic. I think he's in a good place and a good club right now.

Celtic fans: Who would you want?

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair, no matter the result, you can always bet that Ramar and DuD will come in here. I try to accept defeat graciously, even though it leaves me a moody bastard a lot of the time, haha.

Come win, lose or draw I've always got something to whinge about. :D I'm a shit loser and I know it. Though I must admit this season I've tried my best to be more gracious.

Yeah, I see you and Dyson in here quite often. Although, sometimes it's mooonths before you see another Chelsea fan in here. :D

Also, Mowbray wouldn't be my first choice as boss for Celtic. I think he's in a good place and a good club right now.

to be honest out of all the managers mentioned I'd prefer Moyes, but that's not going to happen. I also like Owen Coyle and Tony Mowbray.

Meh lets just go for Rijkaard!

Well.. we've had to accept alot of defeats, you get used to it :smile: I only really get pissed off when there is nothing positive about our performance.

Also I'm an opinionated bastard. I've got one for everything :D

And Finally... theres my undying love for teh boys in't blue and white stripes. They are fucking heros. Each and every one. Except Luke Moore :p he couldn't hit a barn door from two yards, the useless fook :grin:

I really thought this season we could stop up and maybe get a foothold, possibly the start of establishing ourselves in the Premier League. Sadly it never happened.

We've got another tough season in the championship to look forward to now, but thats exactly what i'm gonna do, look forward to it. Hopefully we can play our way back out again, but I really think we need to keep Mowbray if we're going to progress from this yoyo string. Lets see what the summer brings....

I hope yous all realise theres going to be alot of championship talk in here next season :grin:and you'll love it.

:EDIT:

^ Hands off our Tony :)

Edited by DuD
Automerged Doublepost

to be honest out of all the managers mentioned I'd prefer Moyes, but that's not going to happen. I also like Owen Coyle and Tony Mowbray.

Can't imagine Rijkaard getting too excited about a wet trip to Inverness.

I'd probably take Moyes as my main choice, also. Hell, I wanted him when Strachan was appointed. Bilic might be interesting to have, also.

I just wish Celtic would aim a bit higher than Coyle, Mowbray or Tony Adams. Out of those, I'd take Mowbray, though.

Come win, lose or draw I've always got something to whinge about. :D I'm a shit loser and I know it. Though I must admit this season I've tried my best to be more gracious.

I think I've tried to be the same this season, a bit more gracious. Although, a few of my mates always get a bit frustrated when I pay a compliment to the other team if we have lost. For example, after the defeat against Fulham, I mentioned that they just passed and kept the ball better. They hung on for a period of 10-20 mins, but they probably deserved it on the whole. I love my team, but I'm not going to claim we were God-like if we clearly weren't that day, haha.

I guess a lot of names are linked to Celtic. The thing is, it's a bit unfair to a manager like Tony Mowbray to say he wouldn't be right for the job if the team he currently manages are West Brom. He did well there, but it just wasn't enough to keep them in the Premier League. So, I guess Celtic just need to look past that, and look at the man. "Is this man right for the job?" kinda thing. I'd like to think that a new manager has a clean slate at a new club.

Well.. we've had to accept alot of defeats, you get used to it :smile: I only really get pissed off when there is nothing positive about our performance.

Also I'm an opinionated bastard. I've got one for everything :D

And Finally... theres my undying love for teh boys in't blue and white stripes. They are fucking heros. Each and every one. Except Luke Moore :p he couldn't hit a barn door from two yards, the useless fook :grin:

I really thought this season we could stop up and maybe get a foothold, possibly the start of establishing ourselves in the Premier League. Sadly it never happened.

We've got another tough season in the championship to look forward to now, but thats exactly what i'm gonna do, look forward to it. Hopefully we can play our way back out again, but I really think we need to keep Mowbray if we're going to progress from this yoyo string. Lets see what the summer brings....

I hope yous all realise theres going to be alot of championship talk in here next season :grin:and you'll love it.

:EDIT:

^ Hands off our Tony :)

Hehe, it's great to love your team, although it does bug me a little when fans just slate the shit out of their team all the time. Some people are just never happy I think. Championship talk for next season would be most welcome. I've got a feeling next season is going to be very special for both the Championship and Premiership.

I'd like to see Owen Coyle as the manager. I think he's a great manager and has worked wonders with Burnley.

Failing that, Billic was interested apparently and would be a great capture for Celtic. I don't think he'll actually take it though if offered.

Very little talk of the internationals. I actually fell asleep during the England game. :sad: I only had four hours sleep after work in the morning and the game was awful for the first 30 minutes. So yeah I really can't comment passed that. I had a few bets on, so close on the score I put my money on 5-0.

WTF is going on??? I know the source ain't the best, but theres no smoke without fire.

I wish Celtic would hurry the fuck up or fuck the hell off. Bleedin wankers :mad:

They've still made no approach, yet everywhere insists Mowbray is off.

it's a done deal apparently

it's now down to Mowbray and WBA to agree the compensation (which Celtic will pay)

You're a bad winner, and that's what I personally take issue with. The level of support you have for your team is laudable, but at the same time, gloying in the defeat of a weaker opponent makes people sick.

Still, you've improved on recent seasons, so well done!

You're a bad winner, and that's what I personally take issue with. The level of support you have for your team is laudable, but at the same time, gloying in the defeat of a weaker opponent makes people sick.

Still, you've improved on recent seasons, so well done!

I don't think I glory in the defeat of weaker teams, I come in here make a comment about the match and usually leave it as that. If teams have played well I usually credit them for it. So I don't really understand that, but you're welcome to your opinion.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!