N-Europe

Football Season 2008/2009

Ramar

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, that's true.

But last April, we had a bloody blinder of a month: We beat Bolton 4-0 then we went on to absolutely hammer Derby 6-0 then thump the Bluenose bastards from across the city 5-1.

Which was nice. :)

Edited by Roostophe
How could I forget the 6-0 win and Stan Petrov's immense goal? HOW?

I've got interesting bets with the same person. I'm betting £5 that Gerrard won't be top-scorer (as from the mid-way point in the season when he was doing well) and that Newcastle will stay up, which was a kind of double or quits bet because it doesn't look like Stevie is going to do it.

Geordies are looking doubtful though, but I am rooting for them.

I severely dislike Mark ''shaved his tache'' Lawrenson. On MOTD ''Not taking away from Blackburn'', yeah that's Bolton Mark you idiot. Lol, I know that was a simple mistake, but still.

Anyway a lovely comeback by us, one more would have been so sweet.

I severely dislike Mark ''shaved his tache'' Lawrenson. On MOTD ''Not taking away from Blackburn'', yeah that's Bolton Mark you idiot. Lol, I know that was a simple mistake, but still.

Anyway a lovely comeback by us, one more would have been so sweet.

To be fair he did recover... 5 minutes late. I think the guy is quite frank and usually speaks the truth.

I remember one time I cracked up when he was talking about the quality of the Manchester United team

Lawro: "Ronaldo, Rooney, Tevez, Carrick. Should I go on?"

Lawro: "No."

It was hilarious because there was just an awkward silence and he no'd himself.

So, the weekend is over, and now its onwards to the next game.

Thinking back to the Sunderland game, when you look at who was playing for Manchester United, you realise that only one of the back five (including goalkeeper) is a first team starter, and that's Vidic. Evra and Ferdinand were rested, presumably for Porto, which is good, as we need our defence to be tiptop for that.

I think Evans, Neville and O'Shea have taken a lot of criticism the last few weeks. But, the truth is, squad players are just as important, particularly for this stage of the season. We've need players to come in when Vidic and Ferdinand have been out, and particularly with that right back slot since Wes Brown and Rafael have been injured. John O'Shea has made 44 appearances this season, with 24 of those in the league. Compare that to someone like Steven Gerrard, who has played 40 games this season, and 27 of those in the league.

These players have had a lot of football to play. Evans is still very young, but given more time to develop and I think he'll become a great defender at the club. Neville has seen better days, and he's not really got the legs for it anymore, but he still has the heart and the passion. Deep down I think he and O'Shea know that they're both playing waaaay more games than they should be playing.

If Ferdinand and Vidic play against Porto, it'll be the first time since the Liverpool game that they've played together. But, I think things will start to tighten up a lot defensively when these two are playing together. I'm excited about seeing them playing in the middle of that defence again. Imo, we just need Rafael back now.

I wasn't exactly bragging, I was more annoyed that MotD purposely didn't show it, and we all know why.

Eboue is the master diver, though to be fair since he got slated by half our crowd he's become a much better player. So much so I've been getting behind our African Kaka.

Plus I hate Neville, ever since he kicked Reyes off the park, dirty little tosser.

Edited by Ramar

I wasn't exactly bragging, I was more annoyed that MotD purposely didn't show it, and we all know why.

Eboue is the master diver, though to be fair since he got slated by half our crowd he's become a much better player. So much so I've been getting behind our African Kaka.

Plus I hate Neville, ever since he kicked Reyes off the park, dirty little tosser.

There's lots of things MotD don't show. I watched game and then the highlights, and it is a bit stupid that they didn't show it.

Well, someone has to get behind him, I guess. I think he's very clumsy though.

Neville's probably not the cleanest player, but he's not the dirtiest either. Robbie Savage. :laughing:

I hate diving, but sometimes it is the most hilarious thing. I'd miss if if it somehow forever stopped lol.

Like the Steven Taylor handball dive that was pointed out in this thread a couple of times. Gets me every time.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!