NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2008/2009

I just realised Shrewsbury* Town are in the League 2 Play-off final.

Thanks to our keeper ;)you're welcome shrews

watching Barcelona vs Villarreal.

Its real refreshing to see a team actually try and attack vs barcelona instead of just defending. Gus Hiddink and Chelsea should try and watch this you know. :)

Watched Arsenal vs Chelsea, Arsenal didnt play that bad (not 1-4 bad anyway) and again they created plenty of chances. If I was them I would be seriously worried about CL next season though as they could get a real tough draw as it is not seeded anymore.

A 4-1 drubbing suits me today. Couldn't resist a gloating message to the Arsenal fans who thought it'd be wise to send me messages gloating about being knocked out of the Champions League, and I wouldn't expect it to be any other way. First 15 minutes were a bit painful to watch but after that we really came out and showed a want for victory after Wednesday. Chelsea put in a good performance and Cech was on top form today.

How was the match Ramar?

How was the match Ramar?

In a nutshell, fucking shite. But congrats to Chelsea, had our pants down today.

What, Adebayor?

That weren't a penalty. Should have been booked.

Can we confirm it was a dive, because my initial thought was that it was (I was high up in the gods at the other end of the stadium). And if was then the twat deserved a card for the dive, and another for not even attempting to shoot when through on goal.

Anyway, I just want to rant about our fans today, absolute fucking disgrace. We were outsung by 3,000 Chelsea fans, says it all. One twat was reading a paper in the second half, another was calling Bendtner a wanker when he came on, even though over the last two games he's shown more desire than a certain Adebayor has all season. And then the dozy cunts have the cheek to boo at the final whistle. I'm becoming more disillusioned with football by the week, 'global sport' and all this shit. I wish football was more down to earth like it use to be.

Can we confirm it was a dive, because my initial thought was that it was (I was high up in the gods at the other end of the stadium). And if was then the twat deserved a card for the dive, and another for not even attempting to shoot when through on goal.

It looked to me like he lost control and then thought he might as well try and get something out of it.

Would have done the same, tbh. lol

To be honest, I think a lot of fans may just feel as if the season has ended already, or just want the new season to start now. But, going to see the team and then reading the paper/bad mouthing your own players is pretty bad. Obviously that's not going to help the team.

I actually thought Bendtner did well today. I bet Wenger was kicking himself slightly for not starting him, as he really looked like the only person on Arsenal's side who could finish today.

Don't take it to heart. You'll always get arseholes like that at games. Main thing is just to support the team, follow your heart, and stick with them through thick and thin. I think Arsenal will come back much, much stronger next season.

Wow, I've consoled an Arsenal fan and a Chelsea fan in the same week. I suddenly don't feel deserving of the name Fierce anymore. :(

It looked to me like he lost control and then thought he might as well try and get something out of it.

Would have done the same, tbh. lol

No surprises that he lost control, my dead Nan has a better first touch.

Don't take it to heart. You'll always get arseholes like that at games. Main thing is just to support the team, follow your heart, and stick with them through thick and thin. I think Arsenal will come back much, much stronger next season.

Oh yeah definitely. If anything twats like that urge me on during games to give more support and show them how its done.

I'm not at all fussed about not winning trophies, Arsenal could win fuck all for the rest of my life and they'd still be my club. Unfortunately that's not the case for some sections of our support.

Just watched a Zola youtube video of some of his best moments. I miss him. Those were the good old days. These are the good new days but still.

Everyone said there's going to be lots of twists left, but there haven't really. Seems quite the same and predictable.

Oh yeah definitely. If anything twats like that urge me on during games to give more support and show them how its done.

I'm not at all fussed about not winning trophies, Arsenal could win fuck all for the rest of my life and they'd still be my club. Unfortunately that's not the case for some sections of our support.

The media is paying a lot of attention on the fact that Arsenal haven't won anything since 2005, and some fans will allows moan about the trophies. I guess that is how success is measured? By what you win and what you achieve. During the 2004-2006 era, things were pretty troublesome at United, especially when Roy Keane left, we finished third, and all the fuss with the Glazer's taking over the club. We played some pretty bad football during that time, often not scoring, conceding too many goals...it was a mess. The worst thing was that some of our players just didn't seem committed at all. There was a famous Roy Keane rant where he gave a severe dressing down to quite a few of our players, but I think he was probably right to do that.

You can win things, but the heart and feeling may not be there. To me, that's just as bad as not winning anything at all. You want your players to play with heart, and you want the fans to love these players like family. This is why I love having players like Darren Fletcher, Park Ji Sung, Carlos Tevez and Wayne Rooney at this team - they will fight to the very last second, and the fans will always love them for this.

Just watched a Zola youtube video of some of his best moments. I miss him. Those were the good old days. These are the good new days but still.

Everyone said there's going to be lots of twists left, but there haven't really. Seems quite the same and predictable.

Zola is my favorite footballer ever. Such a legend and he left Chelsea before they become Moneybags F.C. His goal against Norwich in the FA Cup >*

My local just won the FA Vase.

Whitley Bay, the most successful North East club...

Zola is my favorite footballer ever. Such a legend and he left Chelsea before they become Moneybags F.C. His goal against Norwich in the FA Cup >*

I remember watching that goal live (on TV) it was amazing how it went in top corner!

You've gotta be talking about that backheeled flick he did from the corner.

Fucking brilliant. What a footballer. What a legend :bowdown:

Waht is going on with my internet :cry:

Edited by DuD
Stoooopid Internet

Come on the Geordies, 1-1 atm, sounds like an exciting game. I have I fiver riding on them staying up and this pretty much is their great opportunity.

Yay! If Newcastle manage to stay put and Gerrard doesn't score more than Anelka/Ronaldo in PL then I'm £10 better off.

Nooooooooooooooo. newcastle... you forgot to read the script... you fuckers.

Noooooooooo :mad:

Was in the pub for the match. Great atmosphere. Everyone was really loud, especially when Oba scored:D.

I watched this earlier, and I knew beforehand that both teams would be properly having a go at each other. As interesting as things can be at the top of the table, the relegation zone is where real miracles happen. I still won't forget The Great Escape from a few seasons back. A team bottom at Christmas, bottom of the league on the last day of the season, yet staying up. This is why the Premier League is the best in the world, anything can happen.

Tonight's game had spirit by the bucketloads. If both teams played like this week-in week-out, they wouldn't be where they are today, but they're there nevertheless. When Boro went a goal up, I feared for Newcastle, but they came right back into it, and they've probably shown more fight and spirit tonight than they have done all season.

Mark Viduka was pure class tonight. An inspiring performance, and you can tell that the team really fed off his energy. Great game. Absolutely electric when Martins scored the Toon's second.

They're not safe just yet, but it would be tragic if they threw it away now.

Come on Villa: you need to pull your finger out for us during your last couple of games.

Come on Fulham, West Ham and Bolton (i hate you bolton).

But most importantly come on United... you've got to wrap up the title race by saturday at the latest. and beat Hull

I'm doing as much cheering for other teams as i am for the Brom at the moment. tense stuff.

Get in, amazing atmosphere last night and a massive 3 points. Well done to Whitley as well, wish I could have gone down for it with my mates but I had work.

They nearly scored what would have surely gone down as one of the best goals ever scored at the new Wembly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOVlDCjDtuw

Edited by BlueStar

Fucking hell, that's a strike and a half, isn't it? Great spot, great shot and a great save. :)

So, Final Fixtures:

West Brom: Liverpool (home) and then Blackburn (away).

Middlesborough: Aston Villa (home) and then West Ham (away).

Hull: Bolton (away) and then Manchester United (home).

Newcastle: Fulham (home) and then Aston Villa (away).

Sunderland: Portsmouth (away) and then Chelsea (home).

The reason I have included Sunderland is because they have two final tough games coming up. If they lose both, and those around them can win, they could still mathematically go down. The next game against Portsmouth could be a relegation dogfight in itself.

This is so difficult to decide who will go down. I had my mind set on Newcastle going down yesterday, but the win has made me almost convinced that they might just pull something out of the bag to stay up. They look to have re-found some spirit. But, when you look at that fixture list...there are so many tough games there, against teams from the top half.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

West Brom have Liverpool at home by the way. I can see Boro beating Villa who are awful at the moment. I can't see Newcastle breaking down Fulhams excellent defence. Think Hull might get a point at Bolton. It's really going to go down to the wire.

Ahh, thank's for that, I misread the fixture list.

It's going to be really tight. I think I may have to give my prediction on each game individually, count up the points, and then let that decide the final standings.

For sure if both Sunderland and Newcastle win then it's not last day stuff after all. Bar some massive goalscoring by the teams below them. But West Brom would be guaranteed to go down if the above mentioned do get 3 points.