NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2008/2009

Plus, you can shit all over those pundits if you like but they have made a living out of football, and know the game better than most because they've played it all their lives and will have spent hours and hours watching videos, training and learning about the game. Calling them bad pundits is just ignorant on your part.

I'm pretty sure I gave justification for calling them bad pundits.. how can that be ignorance.

As for me being wrong, my initial thought was it was a foul, and thus a red card. And I'm not going to change that because other people disagree with me.

Edited by Ramar

I'm pretty sure I gave justification for calling them bad pundits.. how can that be ignorance.

TBF your 'justification' for Sheringham was "He's a twat", and you called Jens Lehman a "legend: - forgive me if I don't take you completely seriously.

And as for your hastily added second point: Yes, on the first look I thought it was a foul too, and that is why I understand why the referee gave the red: everyone thought it was a foul. However, when everyone looked at the replays they saw that it wasn't a foul and then said "actually no that didn't deserve a red".

Fine, your initial thought was that it was a red, but that doesn't mean you can't change your mind when you see it a second, third or fourth time. I accept that at first glance it looked like a foul, but what I'm saying is when all these people looked at the replays, they said that it clearly wasn't. Have you seen the replays or are you just going off your first viewing?

Edited by Nintendohnut

TBF your 'justification' for Sheringham was "He's a twat", and you called Jens Lehman a "legend: - forgive me if I don't take you completely seriously.

Your forgiven, here's a tissue.

facialtissuebox.jpg

Fine, your initial thought was that it was a red, but that doesn't mean you can't change your mind when you see it a second, third or fourth time. I accept that at first glance it looked like a foul, but what I'm saying is when all these people looked at the replays, they said that it clearly wasn't. Have you seen the replays or are you just going off your first viewing?

I saw the replay on the night, but I've not watched it since. He wraps a leg round from behind, and 'scissors' Fabregas to the floor.

I'd rather not continue to argue this point, because what ever you say and what ever I say won't change what has been and gone.

So far as I can tell, you both are very opinionated on the matter of the Fletcher Red card, neither of you are going to budge so just don't try forcing your views on one another.

DuD is gonna be pleased by today's result at Wigan. Good to see Stoke are safe now since I can only dream the day Stafford Rangers make it to the Coca cola league 2 if that. :rolleyes:

So will Liverpool be top by 7pm this evening?

Edited by Emerald Emblem
Automerged Doublepost

Boing fucking Boing.

Yeah i'm pleased... thats kinda an understatement :D:yay:

A Hull loss aswell.. simply brilliant weekend so far... middlesborough newcastle draw will be the icing on the cake :D

Hopefully Manchester clinch the league before we play Liverpool next sunday (sorry Pool fans :smile:) then 'The Great Escape 2: The Impossible Sequel' is on... you can't stop me hoping :grin:

Come on you BAGGIES.

I said it ain't over till we say so.

it ain't over till West Brom say so :D

see... Haha... I might be a little drunk :D

Edited by DuD

I'll take that draw (0-0 - Everton/Spurs). What I did not expect was Fulham to beat Aston Villa 3-1 and scupper our chances of Europe. Villa are in complete free fall atm...

We've got Middlesbrough and Newcastle as our last two games. So we're going to have a big say in the relegation battle.

And hopefully 6 points... :blank:

Off to the game in a minute. Hopefully the Arsenal turn up today.

Good win for United. I hope something will convince Fergie to sign Tevez, he is such an awesome player - Fergie has said himself that he won't be signing many/any in the summer and yet he's losing a great backup striker that scores important goals...

I don't get it.

I just realised Shrewsbury* Town are in the League 2 Play-off final.

Come on, Shrews! This year is your year!

*I hope you're all pronouncing that correctly. 'Shrew' rhymes with 'threw', not 'throw'. I'm fed up of hearing people saying it as 'Shrowsbury'. People from Shrewsbury don't pronounce it like that.

Gutted Ramar, 2-0 down. Lets see you talk your way out of this one.

Been listening to the game, sounds like Arsenal all over Chelski yet can't quite finish it. We've had like no chances but taken them when we can and scored!

Good win for United. I hope something will convince Fergie to sign Tevez, he is such an awesome player - Fergie has said himself that he won't be signing many/any in the summer and yet he's losing a great backup striker that scores important goals...

I don't get it.

I think you hit the nail on the head there "great back up striker". Do we want to pay 20 - 30 million for a back up striker when we have some good youngsters coming through and also could snap up the likes of Benzema a lot cheaper?

I like Tevez I really do. I don't want to see him go like most united fans but we've gotta be realistic.

Ideally we shouldn't have spent all that money on Berba and spent it on tevez/benzema/huntelaar. But ho hum.

More worringly was Ronaldo's reaction at being subbed. But another 3 points and another step towards the title.

How do you know Tevez is worth that much?

Okay there's some new talent looming but Tevez has settled in and he's there when the others are out or not finishing a game off. Berbs was a bad move I think, just doesn't mesh into the team.

How do you know Tevez is worth that much?

Okay there's some new talent looming but Tevez has settled in and he's there when the others are out or not finishing a game off. Berbs was a bad move I think, just doesn't mesh into the team.

Because that's what that fella who owns him wants and is why we initially got him on loan.

I was glad to see Arsenal retain possession and work it well. Though the penalty we should have had really decided the game before the 4th goal. Gutted, absolutely gutted, we squandered too many glorious chances.

Damn it's been a poor Sunday for me, first Barrichello lost the victory in Barcelona and now this.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

I was glad to see Arsenal retain possession and work it well. Though the penalty we should have had really decided the game before the 4th goal. Gutted, absolutely gutted, we squandered too many glorious chances.

Damn it's been a poor Sunday for me, first Barrichello lost the victory in Barcelona and now this.

What, Adebayor?

That weren't a penalty. Should have been booked.

It was a good victory for Manchester United today, but it wasn't the best game in the world. Infact, it was probably one of the most understated derbies in recent years. Very quiet, subdued, very little to talk about, and City didn't make a great game of it, especially after going a goal down.

I thought both Tevez and Berbatov were outstanding today. We should have created more chances, but these two were great, especially linking up for that second goal.

I see there's some discussion here about the Tevez saga, so I'm going to give my opinion. Personally, I think the guy has had a tough year. It's his second season at Old Trafford, and many players tend to look promising in the first season, but struggle in the second. This happens everywhere you go. Why? Well, it could be that expectations of them are raised after their performance last season, because they've adapted to the squad and should be doing well. Berbatov coming in has thrown Tevez off balance, because he has started less games this season due to Berbatov being more prefered upfront than Tevez. As I said to my friend earlier, if football were a 12-man game, then both Tevez and Berbatov would start every game. But, that's not the case.

Do I want Tevez in my time? A million times yes. He's a fan favourite at the club, because he'll always give his 101%, even if it's a day when he hasn't got a hope in hell of scoring. But, what others fail to realise is that when players like Berbatov, Tevez, Rooney or even Ronaldo are not scoring, they are creating chances for other players. Having a player like Tevez is amazing because they'll always draw defenders to them, which opens up more space for others.

If you're going on just his goal-scoring tally, or just on statistics, then he is overpriced, but I think football is an overpriced game at this moment in time. But, for what he adds to the team, players like Rooney, Ronaldo and Tevez are priceless. I'd rather have him in my team than not.

I've just seen the Arsenal game against Chelsea, and it was a very strange and perhaps uncomfortable game to watch. For much of the first half, it was all Arsenal, and the team could have been 2-0 up before the break. Instead, they were two down, partly down to a stunning goal from Anelka.

Today, I saw an Arsenal team that just could not finish. Again, it was all foreplay and no penetration. Chelsea scored some very simple goals (from a freekick, from a cross) which I think Arsenal have struggled to do. Bendtner's goal was good, and that's more of the goals they should be scoring. Nice and simple. Ball into the box, striker getting a head to it, out of reach for the keeper. I think Manchester United can be guilty of this too, sometimes, and I wish we did score more simple goals.

I also watched the Liverpool/West Ham match yesterday (I try to watch everything I can, fucking love football) and I saw some similar things in West Ham that I did in Arsenal. West Ham could create, but couldn't convert. Although, Di Michele had a wonderful chance to, but...in the most bizarre thing I've probably ever seen, he missed and also got booked for diving. When your team are 2-0 down, you do not need to do that.

Liverpool's first goal was very good last night, and it was just a nice and effective defence-splitting ball early in the game. West Ham never had anything that could match that, neither defensively or attacking-wise. I think they're a good team, and they have a lot of promise. Next season, I'd like to see them invest in a more creative player, perhaps a striker. They didn't have Carlton Cole playing, so they were a bit light up front, but they need something else there, I feel. Could be one to watch for next season.

Arsenal penetrated Chelsea a number of times today, they just didn't have their scoring boots on, had Arshavin played it could have been a different story.

Arsenal penetrated Chelsea a number of times today, they just didn't have their scoring boots on, had Arshavin played it could have been a different story.

You created, which is definitely worth applauding, especially in the first half. But, there was just no cutting edge. If you rewind to maybe 5 or 6 years ago, I think the Arsenal back then would have been 3-0 up at half time, if the same game had been played.

Arshavin is a great player, and I'm really starting to take notice of him (4 past Liverpool, what the fuck?) but there could be a danger that next season there is an over reliance on the likes of Arshavin and Fabregas.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

Well I can take Solace in the fact that Arsenal have one of the lowest average ages in the premier league, we still are in the top 4 and our player are still developing season by season. One or 2 more wise heads to learn from and we have a potentially threatening team.

But like you said, we seem to have an overdependance on our key players.

Your best players are not always going to play, sometimes through injury, fatigue, or maybe because the manager is trying to mix things up a little. Manchester United today started without Ferdinand, Carrick, Anderson, Scholes or Rooney (the last two did come on as subs, but didn't start). These are five players who are pretty much the core of the first team, with maybe the exception of Anderson, but I think could be considered that, and definitely will be next season.

Arsenal need to look at the Plan B. What happens if things are not going right with Fabregas, Nasri, Walcott and Van Persie? He bought on Bendtner, who did have an impact, in my opinion and did very well to get the goal. But, I think more needs to be done with this.