NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2008/2009

Gallas is clearly offside, but I couldn't give a hoot. After Hull had the chance disallowed they did nothing, so for 70 minutes of the game they just defended. They kicked two kinds of shit out of some of our boys and we were even denied a penalty (Djourou blantatly taken out during a scramble from a corner) which has been ignored by the media.

Although I do not like the Arsenal, they do draw the short straw sometimes with decisions.

I do like him as a player, although he seems to be having a strange few seasons. But, this is just stupid. What was he thinking.

It's the way he turns his head to look around before falling.

It's the way he turns his head to look around before falling.

that's what I thought was stupid

I see Benitez has finally signed a new contract with Liverpool to keep him there until 2014. Not sure how I feel about it to be honest. Yes we had two absolutely massive wins yesterday but he still pisses me off when it comes to the premiership.

2 wins in one day? That's pretty good for a top flight manager!

Here is the Champions League Quarter Final Draw, with the English teams shown in Bold (so they're easier to spot)

Villarreal v Arsenal

Man Utd v FC Porto

Barcelona v Bayern Munich

Liverpool v Chelsea

Quarter Final - First Leg

Tuesday, 7 April

Man Utd v FC Porto

Villarreal v Arsenal

Wednesday, 8 April

Barcelona v Bayern Munich

Liverpool v Chelsea

Quarter Final - Second Leg

Tuesday, 14 April

Bayern Munich v Barcelona

Chelsea v Liverpool

Wednesday, 15 April

Arsenal v Villarreal

FC Porto v Man Utd

Semi-Final Draw 1 - First Leg - 28th April

Barcelona/Bayern Munich v Liverpool/Chelsea

Semi-Final Draw 2 - First Leg - 29th April

Man Utd/FC Porto v Arsenal/Villarreal

Semi-Final Draw 1 - Second Leg - 5th May

Arsenal/Villarreal v Man Utd/FC Porto

Semi-Final Draw 2 - Second Leg - 6th May

Liverpool/Chelsea v Barcelona/Bayern Munich

Champions League Final

Wednesday, 27 May 2009

Winners SF2 v Winners SF1

~ ~ ~

My verdict: There's some great ties in there. Barcelona vs. Bayern Munich will definitely be one to watch. As a Manchester United fan, I'm really, really pleased with our outcome. There's definitely no easy games at this stage, but the prospect of avoiding Barcelona, Liverpool, Chelsea AND Bayern is a fantastic result. A great one for Arsenal, too.

As for the Liverpool and Chelsea fixture...who didn't see that coming a mile off. I read something on the BBC website which said that the two teams have met 23 times over the last 5 years, including in the last 5 Champions League Campaigns. That's extraordinary.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

Liverpool v Chelsea, yes; quelle surprise!! I've been listening to the conspiracy theories of the boys around me today, mainly consisting of ''It's a fix!'', heh. Porto looks like a great result for Utd though.

I'm sure Arsenal can beat Villarreal. Porto shouldn't be a problem for Utd.

But AGAIN with the Liverpool-Chelsea tie. You just wish they could go "Oh, you know what? Let's do the draw again!"

Liverpool v Chelsea, yes; quelle surprise!! I've been listening to the conspiracy theories of the boys around me today, mainly consisting of ''It's a fix!'', heh. Porto looks like a great result for Utd though.

I popped onto the BBC 606 forums, and there were some people under the idea that the Liverpool and Chelsea balls were weighted down, haha.

I'm sure Arsenal can beat Villarreal. Porto shouldn't be a problem for Utd.

But AGAIN with the Liverpool-Chelsea tie. You just wish they could go "Oh, you know what? Let's do the draw again!"

I was kinda hoping that they would just put the balls back in and do it again, haha. I predicted that United would have got Liverpool, but I'm pleased with what we actually got.

You speak French, ma petite?

I knew Liverpool would get Chelsea in the quarters, if not it was a cert that it would be set up for a Liverpool v Chelsea semi. Atleast with Liverpool getting Chelsea that puts one English team out of it. I'd "probably" prefer the Gunners to come through rather than United. :grin:

The way things look you will be lucky to get anyone in the final seeing as you aren't gonna progress past the quarters! Mwahahaha!

I see what you did there. We'll see about that, Mr. Liverpool. :wink:

I'd really, really, really love it if it was a Manchester United/Liverpool final. Beating them would make me feel a lot better after our pounding last week. ;)

I'm well tempted to go to Villareal, I wanted to go to Rome but with Uni it wasn't possible. But the next round falls in my easter break. So if the club announce decent flight and ticket packages and I can afford it, I think I might just go to it.

Good draw for us, hopefully we can progress to at least the semi final.

I'd really, really, really love it if it was a Manchester United/Liverpool final. Beating them would make me feel a lot better after our pounding last week. ;)

Thats exactly what i want.

I would love a Liverpool - United final ;)

People shouldn't write off Villareal, they didn't lose to Man Utd in the group stages, they're no pushovers.

Come on Porto - Villareal semi! ;)

Yeah I agree about Villareal. They are a good side on their day. Barcelona v Munich is going to be a cracker of a game :)

People shouldn't write off Villareal, they didn't lose to Man Utd in the group stages, they're no pushovers.

Come on Porto - Villareal semi! ;)

I agree. I want to see some European competition!

Yeah I agree about Villareal. They are a good side on their day. Barcelona v Munich is going to be a cracker of a game :)

Yeah, two teams that pinged in their fair share of goals in their last matches. I'm glad Liverpool managed to avoid both of them, may as well take the inaugural Chelsea match as we're well accustomed to playing them. I'm looking forward to seeing who comes out on top between Barca and Bayern.

Definitely agree, overheard some bloke at work saying Villareal were shit and this that and the other. I couldn't help but think how wrong he was, a team in the last 8 of the Champions League are going to be a good side.

Plus they have the man the myth the legend, Pascal Cygan. And the french master, Bobby Pires. :bowdown:

Got to agree about Muncih v Barca. Tie of the round, should be a stunning match.

Edited by Ramar

Great draw for united in the champions league draw.

Glad we miss out on Barca, Bayern, Liverpool and Chelski until the final if we make the final. Porto then Arsenal or Villareal are still tough games but fancy our chances more against them than the others.

Need to spank Fulham again today to get back on track in the league and leave the horror of last week behind and Come on Villa and Spurs do one over on Rafapool and chelski!

MOTD is going to be good tonight. Scholes deliberate hand-ball:D

Today was a fucking travesty. Paul Scholes...what the fuck are you doing?!

We were utterly shocking in the first half. We played much, much better in the second half, but the Scholes sending off shot us right from the beginning. I would rather go one nil down with all 11 players, than potentially have Van Der Sar save the penalty. Which we didn't.

Second half, we made a game of it. We should have scored at least twice, but we didn't. How we didn't score, I will never know. We conceded the second late on, but at least we put something into the game in the second half. We could have got something from this again.

The Rooney decision...he shouldn't have thrown the ball, but at the same time he had worked the ball into a very good position before the ref had pulled the ball back. Why he did that, I do not know. He didn't even need the yellow card before it, either, I think the referee had got that one wrong.

Another day to forget. We're throwing it all away.

The only silver lining: Chelsea lost, too. That's it. Fucking hell.