NEurope
Tellyn

Shaun White Snowboarding: Road Trip (Balance Board Compatible)

Ubisoft have confirmed Shaun White Snowboarding for the Wii, which will be controlled with the Balance Board...

What's the first thing that sprang to everyone's minds when Nintendo revealed the smash hit Wii Fit with its pressure and weight sensitive Balance Board? A Wii version of 1080° Snowboarding. Ubisoft know what the people want, and have announced a Wii version of Shaun White Snowboarding, complete with Balance Board support.

Despite being a multiplatform release, the Wii version is being built from the ground up (it isn't a port for once) and has been developed in close collaboration with Olympic gold medallist Shaun White.

The Wii version features its own exclusive storyline which sees you and your 'crew' travelling the world to become famous snowboarders, with Shaun White as your own personal mentor. In addition to full Balance Board controls (we'd assume that traditional motion controls will also be included), the title also includes simultaneous multiplayer for two to four players. Gain the respect of your virtual friends and unlock larger, more challenging mountains by getting your name out there and becoming the very best snowboarder there ever was.

Shaun White Snowboarding is expected to hit the Wii later this year.

Source: N-Europe

(we'd assume that traditional motion controls will also be included)

Lol, didn't think I'd ever see "traditional" and "motion controls" for at least a few years.

Anyway, this has potential but could easily be rubbish too. A wait and see effort I think.

I am dissapointed that ubi are doing this. Hope it doesn put off the good developers like nintendo or ea making a snowboarding game

Really like the graphic style, let's see how the controls will be.

Dear Ubi,

If you had announced the new Prince of Persia and BG&E2 for Wii,you would have my wallet.

Now,you dont take anything.

Okay, just read that the Wii can only pick up ONE balance board at a time!!! What?! Does this mean no multiplayer gaming with the board then? Ever? That is ridiculous!

Okay, just read that the Wii can only pick up ONE balance board at a time!!! What?! Does this mean no multiplayer gaming with the board then? Ever? That is ridiculous!

Show me proof

Is it just me or does it look like a mobile phone game?

Are Gameloft doing this :p

shaun-white-snowboarding-hold-until-10am-20080528093937659_640w.jpg

nokia-1.jpg

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/877/877107p1.html

"When it comes to multiplayer, the Wii will only recognize one Balance Board at a time. So Shaun White can be played with three players (one using the Board), or with four players all using Remotes. "

ah crap, i didn't know that... (note: i'm thinking of the possiblity of the balance board being used in a 1080 game, which hopefully Nintendo will reveal at E3, this Ubi game i could give two shits about)

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/877/877107p1.html

"When it comes to multiplayer, the Wii will only recognize one Balance Board at a time. So Shaun White can be played with three players (one using the Board), or with four players all using Remotes. "

Source is ign? Then it's most likely wrong. They don't know shit when it comes to hardware. This can be true just for this game.

It's the same on "We Ski", only one board and the rest have to use 'motes and 'chucks. But it's possibly devs not knowing how to multiple synch or Nintendo being secretive as usual...

I don't know for sure obviously, and since the balance board acts as a second controller I don't see any restrictions for 2 bb. But seriously, are you gonna take you balance broad (not a typo) to your friends' house anyway? :P

Source is ign? Then it's most likely wrong. They don't know shit when it comes to hardware. This can be true just for this game.
it's a software thing. Wii board is always the 4th wiimote, so if you put more wii boards in the place... we'll you get the rift.

most likely could be solved with a firmware upgrade.

As for this... horribly low poly, smells like shovelware version with inferior effort next to the "other versions" in short, smells of Ubisoft. Like hell they'll have my money.

Why the hell do their games look worse than Cube ones. Bah, only other game i'm considering getting is RRR 3 only if the Balance board is good and Red Steel if it's any good. Apart from that i'm not gonna bother looking at any of their games.

Really hope BG&E flops on the PS3/360.

This game looks terrible... after I saw the trailer my hopes were raised, then I went on to the screenshots and couldn't believe they were supposed to be the same game. Looks like an N64 title.

You do realise that Wii screenshots always look like shit, a trailer is a much better indication. But, yeah this is Ubi, so I doubt it'll be any good.

You do realise that Wii screenshots always look like shit, a trailer is a much better indication. But, yeah this is Ubi, so I doubt it'll be any good.
even with that into account.

This game uses "toon" graphics just so it doesn't have to use any particle effects... hell, there's no light effects whatsoever. it's really a way to be cheap in this case.

This could be a Dreamcast budget game... hell, N64 (taking some textures aside, but only by a little)

Oh, I'm not saying the graphics are good technically, just that I like the style.

And it will most likely suck, so hell if I care

Looks quite blocky and PS2 in the video! Not really bothered with this, just more crap from Ubisoft!

Looks quite blocky and PS2 in the video! Not really bothered with this, just more crap from Ubisoft!
worse than PS2, PS2 wasn't that limited when it came to polycounts; as well as... it could pull of some light effects at least, not a perfectly bland blue sky and white in the ground without any light applied to it.

This... looks like a mobile phone game.

New images:

71921520080717_153337_0_big.jpg

71921520080717_153337_1_big.jpg

71921520080717_153337_2_big.jpg

71921520080717_153337_3_big.jpg

71921520080717_153337_4_big.jpg

Granted it looks a little better in these screens, but it's NO WHERE NEAR 1080 Avalanche,

So if you find yourself saying, "hmm, it actually looks alright" just remember that's because the standards are so low in so many Wii games!

There's no reason whatsoever that we should have to settle for these types of visuals on a superior console to gamecube, and a game five years on from 1080 Avalanche!

Oh, new screens! You know, since seeing it in video form at the E3 conference, I was kinda thinking this may be ok...

So if you find yourself saying, "hmm, it actually looks alright" just remember that's because the standards are so low in so many Wii games!

Oh wait, you might have a point. :blush: