NEurope
Tellyn

Shaun White Snowboarding: Road Trip (Balance Board Compatible)

Really looking forward to this game, love the balance board and this game is supposed to implement it really well! Wish I never asked for it for xmas now as I want to to buy it!! :D

Gametrailers Review

With Balance Board - 8.1

Without Board - 7.1

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/42946.html

Good to see this game finish up well, but when you watch it IMO it just lacks so much!

The courses look dull and empty, lacking the life and interactivity that 1080 Avalanche brought; where are the animals, the public, the snow drifts, the waterfalls, the avalanches! All I saw was a couple of fireworks!

Plus I still don't like the fact this is way behind 1080 in terms of visuals, course design [by the look of it], emmersiveness etc...

Gametrailers Review

With Balance Board - 8.1

Without Board - 7.1

Good to see this game finish up well, but when you watch it IMO it just lacks so much!

The courses look dull and empty, lacking the life and interactivity that 1080 Avalanche brought; where are the animals, the public, the snow drifts, the waterfalls, the avalanches! All I saw was a couple of fireworks!

Plus I still don't like the fact this is way behind 1080 in terms of visuals, course design [by the look of it], emmersiveness etc...

Although I haven't watched the review yet (and I will, later :heh:) ..from what I have saw of the game I totally agree with you! For me, 1080 is the best by an awful long way.. I just love those games :smile: SSX was OK, but I just didn't really enjoy pulling off the tricks.. the system in 1080 is far superior!

I have been waiting a long time for Nintendo to announce a new entry for the Wii, and I thought it was coming at E3 when it started with snowboarding... until they said it was Shaun White. E3 2008 just died at that point and never recovered :heh: Although I would definitely like a new 1080 game, I would probably be happy to play 1080 Avalanche again with Balance Board support.. and the return of Kensuke Kimachi :heh:

With GC games such as Mario Power Tennis and Pikmin being brought out for the Wii, I believe it is more likely we will see Avalanche than a new game.. but I can see it being released!

I would probably be happy to play 1080 Avalanche again with Balance Board support..

With GC games such as Mario Power Tennis and Pikmin being brought out for the Wii, I believe it is more likely we will see Avalanche than a new game.. but I can see it being released!

Agreed! and it would have made for a perfect winter release! ah well!

Can't believe I'm saying it, but I'm more excited at the potential GC re-releases have on Wii at the moment, than the majority of Wii games in the making!... 1080, Waverace, Mario Tennis, Mario Golf, Wind Waker etc...

This is probably due to the fact that it looks like we won't be getting any Wii sequels to these series for a LONG time!

Gametrailers Review

With Balance Board - 8.1

Without Board - 7.1

I haven't watched this review as yet, but I did watch the 360/PS3 one, and it had people and avalanches in it... maybe that stuff has been cut for the Wii one? (I'm not saying it will be better than Ten Eighty, btw. SSX 3 is class though. :heh:)

Good to hear...

http://www.cubed3.com/news/11190

Shaun White Doing Best on Wii

A short snippet from a Ubisoft press release sees solid performance for Shaun White on the Wii.

The game has seen a multiplatform release, however it seems the Wii audience has been the most to hop onto this game. "Snowboarding turned in a solid early performance in North America, notably on the Wii, while reporting a slower performance in Europe." The French publisher also noted that its casual range and Rayman have had better than expected sales, whilst some of its traditional catalogue including Tom Clancy's End War has had a slower start.

Got this game for xmas, had a go on it and think it's great. Really satisfying; pretty hard but you get used to it quick (unlike Skate It) and can't wait to play it more; I haven't played Family Ski (always wanted to) would be interested to know how the two compare - Tapedeck, you got this yet? You're the only one I know with Family Ski :)

Anyways, balance board owners, I strongly recommend this, especially at the bargainous £17.99 at play.com!!

Think I'll get this sometime soonish.

Just to make doubley sure; you can't use two balance boards in games [not just this] can you, right?! If so it's such a shame!

But this does look like great fun! Keep me/us posted with your impressions dazzy'!!

Hopefully there'll be a way as it will be annoying, but it doesn't look like it.

Yeah, I've only dabbled so far, when I've played it more I'll post more detailed impressions; but a great start.

I haven't played Family Ski (always wanted to) would be interested to know how the two compare - Tapedeck, you got this yet? You're the only one I know with Family Ski :)

I aint got this so I can't compare them mate. I'm too busy awaiting Family Ski 2! This does look like great fun.though. So many great Wii games...So little time! :heh:

I got this for Christmas.. played it for the first time at my girlfriend's with the Wii Remote andI didn't really know what I was doing with regards to tricks as the manual wasn't looked at :heh: ..anyway, I didn't get a great impression of the game that night :hmm: ..that's until I took it home :heh:

Slotted it into my Wii, blew the dust off the balance board (only joking..) and got into the single player game! The board won me over.. still not great at it as I haven't had an awful lot of time to get to grips with it, thought I have done everything in the first 2 countries so far :smile: It feels really cool pulling off the tricks when you to them on the balance board, very satisfying :heh: