NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
jamesbill

Question relating dating

I am so stealing that line. I predict it will become immensely useful.

Ona semi-related note, I have recently noticed that girls looks and girls personality seem to go exactly in inverse proportion. Like, I know a girl who used to be a really nice person, but wasn't particularly good looking, but now she is good looking, but an arsehole.

It's a realisation that has somewhat depressed me.

The same goes for fellas :heh:

Settle for an average looking girl with an average personality?

Or keep looking for the exception that proves the rule.

I'll go for a general answer here to these queries (sp?).

I think that you are taking the wrong angle on the whole situation. It's not a case of trying to make it work. It's more: "if it's right then it's right". You shouldn't make any great effort to seem more appealing (although being curteous and polite are just a given) nor should you be looking for any signs or whether it's "working". That will just make you feel pressured.

You shouldn't be wondering how you can be right for her but if she is right for you. You can only know how you feel about her so if you aren't sure how she feels then do that modern idea of communicating. There is no shame in talking to her about how you feel.

Relax and just enjoy the company. No harm in being honest, cos if you try and fake your way then down the line it will all come out in the wash.

Agreed.

Being confident and believing in yourself is so important: not only to attract others, but to find who you truly connect with. Effectively, self belief (or lack of it) can have a big influence on the connection made between two people, however potentially compatible they may be.

See this is where I disagree, I have never once changed in the slightest to make anybody like me.

They do tend to go ''omg girl gamer'' then fall in love with me :heart:

haha

Thing is its very discreet if it happens! End of the day you do it with your friends or different groups of friends. From the language you would use around them, to the things you would do i.e. I have generally two groups of friends 1) the uber nerdy ones which I would feel comfortable staying up all night playing 4 player tales of symphonia and chilling out with popcorn and smash brothers to 2) the "lads" who hang around someone's house for a beer few games of pro evo, get lashed and go out on the pull.

I feel (dont attack me girls >.<) that the "just be yourself" advice is more like them feeling that they wouldnt want to be on the receiving end of that way of conducting yourself. Though from the pure point of view from you! of course I wouldnt go to someone I met at a club and go "heya I play wow at least for 5 hours a day and stayed in with housemates playing mario kart"

I am obviously going to say "yeah I do taekwondo and I am a 2nd year law".

Simply put its quiet depressing and I am most certainly not advocating someone making up an alternate life but I would choose to present more approving details which would grab their attention and maybe once you get to know them throw in the odd detail of your geekyness.

Atm there are some (girl) friends that I have that know all my dirty little gaming habits but obviously when I met them I didnt open up on that detail..

if you go out on a date! make sure you get stuff to talk about but dont take over the conversation. Have stuff on reserve but most importantly be a good listener.

AND let her know your intentions with some kind of gesture.

There was someone I knew from tkd club and obviously there was the cheeky playing around antics and one day, she was talking when we were finally alone and I just put my finger on her lips, she stopped talking, went in close, stopped just at touching her lips, held it for a split second (you can feel her breath) and kissed her slowly (extremely passionate) which then followed by her sucking my face off >.< following by a "about damn time"

But it made the process of wanting to continue things futher very very easy since we both knew we were interested in each other. if she turns you away when you try then it saves you the time!

That's only worked for me once actually. XD

At least it works for girls ...

At least it works for girls ...

Nah not really, my case doesn't count since we met online, because of games (Zelda). And it's easy to talk about your interests online. No one in real life really knows anything about my gaming life, since I never (get to) talk about it. =P

Nah not really, my case doesn't count since we met online, because of games (Zelda). And it's easy to talk about your interests online. No one in real life really knows anything about my gaming life, since I never (get to) talk about it. =P

Haha same here like secret ninja gamers *shifty eyes*, no one ever gets to find out and when they do they are suprised!

@somme: or "get back to the chopper"

Women are attracted to confidence, but not arrogance. That's the key i'd say because being charismatic and able to get their attention will get you started and in a position to at least ask for a date. All the other stuff such as getting along and having a mixture of interests just depends on who you both are. You can't force a relationship, no matter how attractive you may find each other, relationships based on sex never last.

The trick to finding a girlfriend is don't look for one.

i've been doing that for almost 3 years now...it just doesn't work, although i came close once.

It's not an absolute rule though. I'm moving in with Uni friend next year, who's a thoroughly good bloke and absurdly beautiful. It makes going out to clubs for girls a bit of farce though, all he has to do is stand there and they magnetise towards him, while my best bet is sort of standing in the way and hoping one of them sticks.

Sign in to follow this