N-Europe

Petrol Prices

MoogleViper

The more people that use trains, the cheaper the prices, and the more they run.

That's not true. The most expensive fares are rush hour when people use it most. And the cheapest are when there's hardlly anyone one. If more people used it they would charge more.

i remember when petrol was less then 70p a litre now its £1.09 min for unleaded its a pi$$ take.

i live literally across the road from a esso and the nearest one from there is yet another esso (service station)...going the other way couple of miles is a bp. so im screwed for doing this

I've only read the first post so sorry if someone has already said this but ermm it won't work because who do you think supplies all the smaller/supermarket petrol stations anway?

yeah that's right ESSO, BP and Shell. So they are still gonna be getting there money plus added to the fact that most people won't even bother, know or care about it will make this whole effort pointless.

I've only read the first post so sorry if someone has already said this but ermm it won't work because who do you think supplies all the smaller/supermarket petrol stations anway?

yeah that's right ESSO, BP and Shell. So they are still gonna be getting there money plus added to the fact that most people won't even bother, know or care about it will make this whole effort pointless.

I dont think anyone has mentioned it but i thought this aswell, and less customers usually means higher prices anyway.

Lets face it, all the people involved in the oil industry are making a killing right now. How much did BP make last year? It was some silly figure like 400 Bajilionn pounds. Then the government add on there 60p per litre.

Its really getting to the point now where i cant afford to keep a car. I refuse to pay £1.10 a litre to drive to work and back, its at 108.9p in my area atm.

When i started driving it was 78.9p and that only 3.1/2 years ago. I used to be able to put in £20 and it would last nearly 2 weeks, now im looking at £25 a week just to do the same mileage.

We are hitting £121.00 a litre in some areas now, soon we will be faced

with paying £1.25a ltr.

Wow, remind me not to go to wherever its £121 p/l..

As for the idea, check where it originated, sounds like it came from Texaco HQ.

read in paper today about the goverment not doing the 2p petrol tax increase. Then in the same breath they mentioned that by autumn petrol could be as much as £1.50. scares me to think how much we will be paying for petrol...in a years time its getting to crazy prices now. Petrol prices need to go down.

Demand high (not going to change)

Supplly getting lower

Lowering prices? Not a chance.

Another factor that people have missed is that the oil companies don't make all of their money from petrol. A huge fraction of the Chemicals industry is totally supplied by oil. That demand isn't going away either.