Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Iron Man

Iun

Favreau said he would make most/all enemies tech based for sequels and said Mandarin was likely for number 2.

Black Widow should be in 2, too. Or Spider-Woman for the nostalgic lols, but they'd never get the rights from the Spide film crew.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hellfire,

I meant iron man is always fighting magic, to give him a worthy adversary (science vs. magic). See original iron man (60s era) 'magic key' arc 30 to 38 for further proof. Oh and his biggest enemy, that tit with the rings.

Ah got it.

Paj, they have similarities, but their origins, motivations and MO have nothing to do with each other

Black Widow should be in 2, too. Or Spider-Woman for the nostalgic lols, but they'd never get the rights from the Spide film crew.

A) War Machine will be good guy in future flicks

B) Yep Iron Monger

C) The above would be no problem because Marvel Studios own the rights to all characters now, which is why the Avengers film is a possibilty and basically confirmed.

And why Tony is in Incredible Hulk.

Could you just clarify that you mean "Thats awesome" by saying this?

I understand 99% of what you say nowadays, but this particular one has slipped through the net. :)

Gawd. Actually I meant "Oh, cool.".

"That's Awesome!" is too strong, but on the right track.

Just got to point out: the origin story for Batman and Iron Man are not the same, originally Tony Stark invented the Armour as a way of keeping his heart beating - he literally could not take the chest-piece off at any moment in the early comics.

And in a way, there's a sense of redemption in the lines: he's a weapons manufacturer that advances his own suit that he uses to fight with. Batman is just unbalanced.

Just got to point out: the origin story for Batman and Iron Man are not the same, originally Tony Stark invented the Armour as a way of keeping his heart beating - he literally could not take the chest-piece off at any moment in the early comics.

I know. I just pointed out the similarities in the characters, and it's been blown out of proportion.

I just think he's a bit boring really. Same reson I find Transformers utterly dull. Robots/Mecha are only cool when they're evil or have a joke purpose.

I know. I just pointed out the similarities in the characters, and it's been blown out of proportion.

I just think he's a bit boring really. Same reson I find Transformers utterly dull. Robots/Mecha are only cool when they're evil or have a joke purpose.

Understood. I have a similar problem with Spiderman and Wolverine, I find that they are overused and overstated as characters. When they were brought into the New Avengers I was extremely disappointed. I know people who buy a comic with Spiderman or Wolverine in it regardless of the star, and lap it up even if it's a load of old balls.

It kinda reminds me of internet jokes, particularly Trogdor. Yes, he was funny. Now shut up about it.

Back to topic: I literally could not sleep last night because of waiting for this! So excited! 12 hours to go!

Wha? Iron Man is probably the most interesting character (and has been for at least the last year) I think what they've done with him is amazing, he has moments where he seems to think hes being a dick, and its just awesome. As for Robots/Mechs being dull, pfffft. I advised you seek the latest issue (or second from latest) of The Initiative. Theres a page that goes like this.

"But Jim, you're only one man...."

*Turn page*

*Shot of rocket launcher holster coming out of hand*

*Cannon on chest sticks out and glows*

*Lasers and other crazy shit stick out of shoulder pads etc*

"No....Im the WAR MACHINE!"

It was so fucking pimp.

Understood. I have a similar problem with Spiderman and Wolverine, I find that they are overused and overstated as characters. When they were brought into the New Avengers I was extremely disappointed. I know people who buy a comic with Spiderman or Wolverine in it regardless of the star, and lap it up even if it's a load of old balls.

Secret Invasion Speculation/Mighty Avengers most recent issue spoilers

At the end of MI Nick Furys got a wall with all heroes pictures on. Some he hasn't circled, some he has circled blue, and some he has circled red. Spidey and Wolverine are both circled, one blue, one red.

Very very interesting indeed.

I liked Iron Man when he was an alcoholic warring with Justin Hammer.

That was a long time ago now though.

Yeah I´m a bit worried that in the movie their gonna pull some shit that he´s an alcoholic but causes some accident because he was drunk while wearing the suit and swears to never drink again...

Yeah I´m a bit worried that in the movie their gonna pull some shit that he´s an alcoholic but causes some accident because he was drunk while wearing the suit and swears to never drink again...

If they do they'll be being faithful to the comics.

Incorporating his alcoholism would be faithful to only a small part of the comics.

And it was fantastic. Really, really enjoyed it. Plenty to do in the next one and the characters very well established. I've been waiting years for them to make this film, and I have to say I was disappointed initially with the choice of director, supporting cast and even some of the story ideas. But I have no shame in admitting I was wrong.

No-one is saying that it should win an Oscar for writing or anything, but it really was streets ahead of the first Spiderman film, Xmen, Ghostrider and the Hulk.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!