N-Europe

Man Kept Daughter In Cellar For 24 Years

Pyxis

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He forced her to write a letter to her mother saying she had joined some cult.

He could have just given them a bunch of cans of soup, or maybe he never traveled. Perhaps he just gave them a stock of canned goods every week when his wife was out.

He forced her to write a letter to her mother saying she had joined some cult.

He could have just given them a bunch of cans of soup, or maybe he never traveled. Perhaps he just gave them a stock of canned goods every week when his wife was out.

He did travel, went to Thailand for like a week or more at one point. I guess he stocked up on food in the basement then or something.

He did travel, went to Thailand for like a week or more at one point. I guess he stocked up on food in the basement then or something.

Ahhh, sorry. Completely missed that post.

Edit: Super fast post there Emasher.

Does anyone else think that its creepy that I'm actually quite interested in the psychology of this?

No, despite being quite angered by it all, I'm very interested in the psychology of it and the revelations it might bring. It's a sad but important byproduct of these sorts of cases, as they can be rare(like the Wolf girl, Oxana something?), but can show quite alot about the human mind. I'm interested in the effects upon the daughter, and the children, the sort of relationship he had with them as a cause sort of thing, and how it all sort of comes together.

I heard on the news today that the psychological disorder angle might be played, which I don't think he deserves at all. I think it'd take a very sane/well person to manage to pull this off for so long without getting found out, I find it very hard to believe he is that unwell.

No, despite being quite angered by it all, I'm very interested in the psychology of it and the revelations it might bring. It's a sad but important byproduct of these sorts of cases, as they can be rare(like the Wolf girl, Oxana something?), but can show quite alot about the human mind. I'm interested in the effects upon the daughter, and the children, the sort of relationship he had with them as a cause sort of thing, and how it all sort of comes together.

I heard on the news today that the psychological disorder angle might be played, which I don't think he deserves at all. I think it'd take a very sane/well person to manage to pull this off for so long without getting found out, I find it very hard to believe he is that unwell.

That's exactly what I think.