N-Europe

Spider-Man Web of Shadows

ReZourceman

From the artwork I was hopeful, but the description and the trailer aren't that promising. Be a bad spidey? Why? I don't even like going darkside on KoTOR or renegade on Mass Effect, nevermind an anti-hero version of the friendly neighbourhood spider-man.

It could be good, but I'm not holding my breath.

After the crap-fest that was Friend or Foe, I don't hold out any hope for this.

That was more like the turtles game, im sure this one will be more like spider-man 3 which also sucked! They need to make it fun again like it was on spider-man 2 for the cube!

Ummm looks crap... again. They need to start designing something thats actually a game rather than a "Spiderman Experience". I actually thought that Spidey 3 was ok, the missions in particular were pretty good but the open world play was RUBBISH. They should just stop trying to make it so open world because it's just huge and full of nothing. It's just a big pile of diluted grey!

• 2 months later...

the problem with spiderman games so far is that they just lack the substance to justify the amazing control options that Spiderman commands. Sure we can swing across the rooftops like nothing else, but unless they build up a good enough reason to do so, this is still going to suck. Alot.

They need to get real Marvel writers involved. They need to study how Rockstar make their worlds worthy outside missions and they need to study Crackdown's playground concept if they want this to be good.

the problem with spiderman games so far is that they just lack the substance to justify the amazing control options that Spiderman commands. Sure we can swing across the rooftops like nothing else, but unless they build up a good enough reason to do so, this is still going to suck. Alot.

They need to get real Marvel writers involved. They need to study how Rockstar make their worlds worthy outside missions and they need to study Crackdown's playground concept if they want this to be good.

Crackdown with Spiderman thrown in would be good.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
The DS version seems pretty damn great, but still haven't tried it

Played a good hour of the DS version and it's actually a pretty great title. Some of the fighting goes on for waaaaay too long but the moveset/controls and spidey abilities are all handlded really well.

The unlockable upgrades also work a treat on the DS with a menu system that makes sense (unlike the console versions menus.) Best spidey yet on the DS. : peace: