Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

I found the last 3 to be hard. The 3rd last was only hard at the end though. I was more talking about the anticlimactic comments some reviews made, but they also talked about there being nothing like a final boss, and while there isn't one really hard enemy you fight, you fight several of the most powerful human enemies, and several of the most powerful drudge enemies all in the same level.

Also. The Euro Launch Trailer is awesome. Come to think of it though, I haven't seen any advertising for this beyond that on a few gaming websites.

Edited by Emasher

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check this out!

http://www.gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=87380

If this isn't fake then the online section of the game will be ruined. Its like Mario Kart all over again.

Great, it's not even out here yet and it's already been hacked like Mario Kart! What a joke. What makes this worse is that Nintendo could easily block the hackers with a Wii system update. Not only are Nintendo jerks for not supporting online in their multiplayer games - but they're jerks for allowing the games that do support online to be ruined by hackers.

Patches wouldn't fully sort this as hackers will always find a way to do these kind of things. Even on the other consoles, hackers are still prevalent on the likes of CoD and many other titles, even with patches and updates. But it definitely needs sorting before the EU/Aus releases because people will see/read this and perhaps be put off going online. Nintendo needs to act on this like they did with the Mario Kart Wii thing and get them banned now rather than later.

I think this is actually a time where the word FAIL is necessary. So where are those people I had an argument with over the use of patches?

No, I don't think anyone was arguing against patches - what they were arguing about was releasing unfinished games and developers then having to patch massive crucial gameplay aspects - like the controls.

If a patch is used to make a tiny alteration or correct a minor bug, no one was or is against that. People just think it's shitty when they've just purchased a half finished game.

But when we were discussing it that was the point I was making and I've never bought a game where I've felt it was uncomplete. Patches only ever improve stuff. But anyway, let's move on.

You didn't buy Two Worlds at launch then. It had a major bug that basically blocked off about half the world map making the game impossible to beat, the patch came like two months later and rendered all previous saves useless which means you'd have to start the game again.

I'm speaking about the US 360 version btw. That's something that should make it to release.

And what makes this worse is the game unlike other online FPS games, doesn't have a system to vote to kick players.

Even if this guy doesn't release the codes, I'm sure someone else will. Hopefully this gets sorted out though. If not, perhaps we may eventually need to stick with friend matches.

And what makes this worse is the game unlike other online FPS games, doesn't have a system to vote to kick players.

Even if this guy doesn't release the codes, I'm sure someone else will. Hopefully this gets sorted out though. If not, perhaps we may eventually need to stick with friend matches.

If he has the codes, they will be for people who have done the twilight hack ad have managed to get the homebrew up and running - they will be relatively few in number and hopefully this game will sell well and get a good sized community around it so you will be less likely to encounter a tosser.

True. But look at how many people bought Mario Kart, although, more than half of those people probably don't have a clue what online gaming is.

To be honest, I find that the hackers get a temporary kick out of being pricks, but after that they get bored VERY quickly. After all, being invincible in an online game isn't really that fun, it's a novelty that soon wears off!

Off topic, I wonder how many people have hacked Wiis.

I had mine hacked a one point but I don't anymore. Just for a few home-brew games people had made.

I removed it before upgrading to System menu 4.0 though. It wasn't really worth it as I don't import games and none of the home-brew games were really that good.

I'm glad I did remove it though as it would perhaps have been a little questionable when sending my Wii in to get fixed.

It's surprisingly easy to do. My friend did it and he uses it to emulate older games, basically a free VC.

And also an illegal one.

Do Nintendo's system updates actually brick hacked Wii systems? In situations like this, an Xbox Live system would be handy so that Nintendo can monitor these tossers and present them with a beautiful £179.99 paperweight.

I had mine hacked a one point but I don't anymore. Just for a few home-brew games people had made.

I removed it before upgrading to System menu 4.0 though. It wasn't really worth it as I don't import games and none of the home-brew games were really that good.

I'm glad I did remove it though as it would perhaps have been a little questionable when sending my Wii in to get fixed.

I hacked mine a couple weeks back just to see if it was hard to do. I haven't actually used it though; if a game is worth playing, it's worth paying for.

And also an illegal one.

And also one with a much larger selection.

Do Nintendo's system updates actually brick hacked Wii systems? In situations like this, an Xbox Live system would be handy so that Nintendo can monitor these tossers and present them with a beautiful £179.99 paperweight.

They don't. The problem is that not everyone who installs home-brew is doing it to cheat online or pirate games. Some people just want to play import games, or home-brew games. Thats why I originally installed it.

I hacked mine a couple weeks back just to see if it was hard to do. I haven't actually used it though; if a game is worth playing, it's worth paying for.

And also one with a much larger selection.

You're just contradicting yourself now.

-----------------------

A few reviews have come in now from more mainstream gaming sites giving the game scores mostly around 70. The Metacritic is now down to 75.

Is there any way HVS can fix the cheating problem?

Just go to a retro games store. I'm sure there must be some in London.

Personally I don't give a crap. If I did, I wouldn't waste my time looking for a retro game when it takes about 2 minutes to have it downloaded and running. Industries have to learn consumers will do whatever is easiest, it took ages for the music industry to catch on.

Is there any way HVS can fix the cheating problem?

Personally I don't give a crap. If I did, I wouldn't waste my time looking for a retro game when it takes about 2 minutes to have it downloaded and running. Industries have to learn consumers will do whatever is easiest, it took ages for the music industry to catch on.

Part of the joy of retro gaming is find the actual game, getting it home and playing on the system it was intended to be played on.

My mate has HUGE retro collection, NES, SNES, N64 and GC, and they're all the real games which he plays on respective system. He even has a Sattellaview.

Emulation cheapens the whole experience and devalues the games.

I get that.

I don't think it should be a barrier to playing those games though, which it can be.

This will probably be sorted out in a few years I would think though. Eventually, just about every retro game that was actually worth playing will be available through some sort of DD store. But pirating the games also means that the company isn't going to get any money from you when they do re-release the game.

----------------------------

I'm not sure if HVS can fix it or not. I'm sure if Nintendo wanted to they could fix it. HVS decided not to implement a patch system in the game because they wanted to show that they didn't want to release a game before it was finished.

On another note, the "Explosives" weapon set is awesome.

Edited by Emasher

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!